New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Feb 15, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #196 of 1,956
Pretty sure I'll never let these leave my side let alone send them back lol. So glad I didn't get a chance to cancel the order haha!

Feb 15, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #197 of 1,956
I'm shaking right now I'm in disbelief that that after 6 years of being in this hobby I found the sound I've been looking for and its coming out of a 32 ohm $1100 headphone and playing out of my iPad right now lol

Feb 15, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #198 of 1,956
I'm shaking right now I'm in disbelief that that after 6 years of being in this hobby I found the sound I've been looking for and its coming out of a 32 ohm $1100 headphone and playing out of my iPad right now lol

This is what I was afraid you were going to say. :) I've read many of your posts and appreciate where you are coming from. I listened to a T5p v1 the other day and thought they were excellent. If this is better, its a possible 'end-game'.

Feb 15, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #199 of 1,956

Glad you say the T5p v2 sound amazing. I'm excited to get a pair soon and heard that they will be available in Canada this month. I own a few $300 price range headphones (T51i, Fidelio X2, Vmoda m100, PSB m4u2) and can't wait to hear if an $1,100 pair will sound that much better. Hope so! Thanks for convincing me to make the leap. 

Feb 15, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #200 of 1,956

Glad you say the T5p v2 sound amazing. I'm excited to get a pair soon and heard that they will be available in Canada this month. I own a few $300 price range headphones (T51i, Fidelio X2, Vmoda m100, PSB m4u2) and can't wait to hear if an $1,100 pair will sound that much better. Hope so! Thanks for convincing me to make the leap. 

Hey, fellow Canadian here too. I know Gramaphone in Edmonton carries Beyerdynamic. Where are you located Victoranastacio?

Feb 15, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #201 of 1,956

Hello all.

I take back everything that I said before about these headphones.  I know I probably deserve some trolling for this, but fact of the matter is that someone at the office had mixed the left and right connectors.   The result was this extremely harsh treble, veiled voices and distorted bass.

I have fixed that.  I will do some more hours of critical listening before posting any reactions but I apologize in advance with anyone I may have misled.  A quick glance shows that these keep the smooth sound signature of the T5p 1st gen and couple it with a generous amount of very precise bass. 

They sound indeed like an improvement from the previous model and this could easily mean that we are dealing with the most amazing portable headphones in the market. The more I listen, the more I like. 

Cheers,

Feb 15, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #202 of 1,956
I wonder if anyone can comment on their observations between the AKT5p and the new Gen2 T5p.

Reading about the Gen2 characteristics makes me wonder if the AKT5p was an early release of the Gen2.

I one had the opportunity to compare the old T5p to the AKT5p and found them to be rather alike. So no, the T5p2 fits my taste much better than the AKT5p. Difference between the old T5p and the AKT5p was rather... Odd. The AK sounded a bit different, but not better to me. The new T5p does.

Feb 15, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #203 of 1,956

I'm in Toronto and have been in contact with Canada Computers (an authorized dealer of Beyerdynamic) who have not been able to pre-order the T5p v2 yet. Two weeks ago I contacted Peter Carini @ Beyerdynamic and he said he was going to arrange for it to be available to Canadian distributors mid February. I'm hoping the price will remain at $1,100 Cdn (instead of USD). Seems like Gramaphone online is selling T5p v1 for $1,470 ? 

Feb 16, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #204 of 1,956
I one had the opportunity to compare the old T5p to the AKT5p and found them to be rather alike. So no, the T5p2 fits my taste much better than the AKT5p. Difference between the old T5p and the AKT5p was rather... Odd. The AK sounded a bit different, but not better to me. The new T5p does.

thank you for your observations.

Feb 16, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #205 of 1,956

I'm glad you like the sound right out of the box. It'll get better... 
beerchug.gif

Hello all.

I take back everything that I said before about these headphones.  I know I probably deserve some trolling for this, but fact of the matter is that someone at the office had mixed the left and right connectors.   The result was this extremely harsh treble, veiled voices and distorted bass.

I have fixed that.  I will do some more hours of critical listening before posting any reactions but I apologize in advance with anyone I may have misled.  A quick glance shows that these keep the smooth sound signature of the T5p 1st gen and couple it with a generous amount of very precise bass. 

They sound indeed like an improvement from the previous model and this could easily mean that we are dealing with the most amazing portable headphones in the market. The more I listen, the more I like. 

Cheers,

Thank you for the update. We look forward to more impressions.

Feb 16, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #206 of 1,956
Hello all.

Cheers,

That is pretty impossible. Maybe revisit your listening analytics. Switching left and right will only make it sound, well, left and right switched. It will not change any sound signature whatsoever. Response will not change either. If you listened to your "known" songs, things WILL sound different. But not in the way you described.

Switch it up again and see if you can pinpoint what changes. Listen to unknown songs too.

Feb 16, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #207 of 1,956
That is pretty impossible. Maybe revisit your listening analytics. Switching left and right will only make it sound, well, left and right switched. It will not change any sound signature whatsoever. Response will not change either. If you listened to your "known" songs, things WILL sound different. But not in the way you described.

Switch it up again and see if you can pinpoint what changes. Listen to unknown songs too.

Only explanation I'd have is that the plugs were not inserted completely.

Feb 16, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #208 of 1,956

Only explanation I'd have is that the plugs were not inserted completely.

That's exactly what I was thinking as well.  They don't have a very precise click feedback, and need to be pushed in well.

Feb 16, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #209 of 1,956

That's exactly what I was thinking as well.  They don't have a very precise click feedback, and need to be pushed in well.

Should not matter. By the impression so far the t5p2 is so good it should sound great even if the connectors are not completely connected!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back