1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by rhizomatik, Dec 15, 2015.
First

Back
80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89
91 92 93 94 95 96
Next

Last
  1. Shane D
    Open back is OK in the office? I was a Samsung guy for many years and several Notes, but I jumped ship for the LG V30. The sound is, IMO, very close to the ZX300. My phone is for out and about and the DAP is strictly for home.
    I need a closed back for when my wife is around.:laughing: Or, if I am out on the deck in the summertime.

I hear you on the syncing. I have to sync my phone for on the run, my DAP for the lazy boy and my iPod for the car. Pain in the butt!

Good luck with the Amiron.

Shane D

2. JoshG1217
    I have my own office. No one sitting next to me getting mad about blasting hardcore. :wink:

3. BiggieBig
    After quite a lot of A/B (ish) testing I prefer the mojo with the T5P the match is just perfect.

Hence my berdyerdanic cable is for sale £65 delivered in uk. PM if interested

SteveOliver likes this.
  4. SteveOliver
    Its a very laid back kind of pairing on initial listen but after a little bit of brain burn in its a nice combo not fatiguing at all. I can listen to it for hours, all types of music.

5. axle_69
    Any comparison with AKG K872, Focal Elegia and Pioneer SE Monitor 5?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  6. LesureSuitLarry
    Hey can anyone compare the t5p to the Modhouse Argon Mk3?

7. Researcher
    Hi, I have just started to listen the T5p.V2. IMHO like it but lows. It is currently on Dragonfly red, which is quite matching wonderful mid and high sounds of T5p. Moreover, it is dead silence (no hiss at all), and separation is very good. i am on somewhere kind of better than ok with its soundstage. I was expecting the low range (sound of Drum etc. and bass) would be more pronounced than i am now experiencing.

I have been looking for a decent HIFI player, and focused alot on AK SR15. What could you suggest me as a proper portable HIFI player revealing highs very well, and matching perfectly with T5p?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  8. a-LeXx
    Are you sure you are not using any kind of an EQ in your source ?
    DFR with a t5p really don‘t have any problems with treble, both DFR and t5p have plenty of it... Something must be wrong with your source...

Researcher likes this.
  9. Researcher
    Edited the text, It is quite normal after a sleepless night, i believe.

10. a-LeXx
    Ok, now this makes sense :) Better get a t5p.2, you would not be disappointed, DFR with t5p.2 is a match made in heaven...
    Or add a fiio A5 as a portable amp to DFR. For me this combination is too bass heavy, would be probably exactly what you are looking for :) Especially on high gain of A5...

Researcher likes this.
  11. Researcher
    see, Can i get your experience with drum sounds and soundstage with/without the A5?

12. a-LeXx
    A5 is pretty transparent. Of course you will loose a little bit of air, as DFR has plenty of it and as usually, an additional amplification stage will rob a bit of it.

It will definitively add weight to drums. I only use a combination of DFR+A5 with my HD600, which, like in your case, sound too flat without A5, although DFR is capable of driving an HD600 to very high volume levels...

Edit: ok, you edited your post once again and now I see that you aleady have t5p.2, not the original t5p... You must be a bass-head, t5p.2 with DFR really has absolutely enough bass, actually even more than what I‘d call neutral... But A5 has a matching switch for that :) Elevates bass by 7dB :)

13. Researcher

A strange is going on the connection to mac 2018. I cannot say it is bad, but i get better result with iPhone> camera adapter> DFR > t5P v2 than Macbook 2018> lenovo usb c to type a > DFR> t5p v2. The adapter that i use is here: https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Adapter-Transfer-Compatible-Chromebook/dp/B07FVJCM4B

14. Shane D
    I don't think that I have tried my T5p.2's with my A5. If I have, it was quite a while ago.
    Lately I have been addicted to my Grado-Burson combo, but now I am curious about Beyer-Fiio.

Shane D

Researcher likes this.
  15. Researcher
    Need a portable source, Shane. I am leaning on new fiio M11, but audiophiles does not prefer any fiios with theTOTL. Thats why, I consider AK SR15 as a potential husband to T5p.

BTW, the Number with 5 digits on left side of headband does not match with one (LPN HE) on the box. Is it something wrong with my pair?

First

Back
80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89
91 92 93 94 95 96
Next

Last