1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by rhizomatik, Dec 15, 2015.
First

Back
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
90 91 92 93 94 95 96
Next

Last
  1. Shane D
    Congrats! Do you have a balanced cable for your ZX300? It is a great combo. I use balanced out, low gain. Tons of power for me and full, clean sound.

I also sold the Z7's a few months ago. You have taken a huge step up, quality wise. Except in bass. They are very "bass light" compared to the Z7's. But if you are not comparing back to back, you don't even think about it. Of course I don't listen to hip hop or EDM.

Shane D

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  2. JoshG1217
    I do. I have a kk OCC cable that I use with Amiron. It works. Picked up 3 different balanced cables at the $50 price point: off, off, and silver plated. I couldn't tell the difference.

3. freddystreet
  4. JoshG1217
    That will work. Its OCC, so it will be fine.

5. freddystreet
    so you think the jack heads will fit inside the t5p? will that one sound like the original? what does 7N mean btw?

also, if i need more than the 1.2 or 1.5 meters that most cables come in, i need an extension in the same quality, right? in other words, if dont go full length to the amp with a silver cable i dont even need to bother and can take OFC instead?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  6. BiggieBig
    Just purchased a balanced cable and Fiio
    F5 amp this sounds sublime.

Just amazing treble improves even more (upfront) I found the bass touch too much with Mojo With balanced amp it’s perfect.

So far these sound perfect to me I can’t imagine bettering it without spending lots more money.

But since I’m very new to audiophile headphones (these are my 4th high end headphones) two of which are IEMs I’m just too curious to try more. :)

7. JoshG1217
    What cable did you get? I really like the feel of the stock cable, but need a 4.4mm to work from home other my balanced Sony. I have one, but it's super long. The stock cable length is perfect.

8. BiggieBig
    It’s a Beyerdynamic cable for TP5 with 2.5mm TTRS termination.

Your right length is perfect you can purchase directly for 99eur I brought mine discounted from a seller on eBay.

9. JoshG1217
    Can you link it?

10. BiggieBig
  11. drews
  12. JoshG1217
    I've seen that on eBay. Getting these on Monday, they remind me of the 1770's. Can't do an A/B, so I'm going from memory. Admittedly, I prefer the Amiron Home. I know it's open vs closed, but doing A/B, I like the Amiron quite a bit more.

13. JoshG1217
    If anyone is interested, I think I am going to let these go. $475 shipped in the US, no paypal fees. Includes case, cable, and headphones. Perfect condition. PM me.

14. Shane D
    Wow, that was pretty fast. What will your go to closed backs be now?

Shane D

15. JoshG1217
    I won't have one. I'll stick with Amiron for office and home, and Xm3 when on the go. The BT is so convenient in the gym, and it still sounds good. I am going to do some A/B with my ZX 300 and my Note 9 today. The ZX300 obviously sounds better, but I do like the convenience of just having my phone. Plus, I love Power amp. I sold my Ifi Nano Black Label when I got the ZX 300, but I may just get it back. It sounds good, and then my phone stays the source, rather than having 2 sources, and updating SD cards in 2 devices. IDK. We will see. I need to do more A/B with all of it. Admittedly, I also over extended myself buying both the ZX300 and the T5p.2 in the course of a month.

First

Back
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
90 91 92 93 94 95 96
Next

Last