New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Dec 12, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #1,846 of 1,956
I use some suede microfibre to protect the headbands. I have to because due to some medicines, they make my hair greasy. I don't wrap the suede cloths over my headbands, I just put the cloth on my head and then the headphone. Yeah, it may sound weird but of course, who the eff cares if I only use them indoors at home :p

Dec 13, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #1,847 of 1,956
My T5P-2 phones seemed to take forever to burn in and I also felt the upper end was a tad too bright, even though I like bright/cold sound (I use ATC speakers driven by Krell amps in both UK and France and they are at the far cool end of the sound spectrum). ...

Just be warned. My T5P second gen never burned in or had significant changes. This highs are always there and will destroy your hearing after 2+ hours.
However the T5P have potiential to be really good by fixing the comfort issue with Dekoni Choice Leather or DT1990 pads and simply EQ the dip around 3khz-3.5khz and the peak around 8-8.4khz.

Dec 13, 2020 at 5:41 AM Post #1,848 of 1,956
Just be warned. My T5P second gen never burned in or had significant changes. This highs are always there and will destroy your hearing after 2+ hours.
However the T5P have potiential to be really good by fixing the comfort issue with Dekoni Choice Leather or DT1990 pads and simply EQ the dip around 3khz-3.5khz and the peak around 8-8.4khz.
Thumbs up from me. I picked up the Dekoni Elite leather. Comfort is superb. Changes the sound slightly due to ear distance from the driver. Not aggressive with these.

Dec 13, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #1,849 of 1,956
You cut off the end of my post, which said that after finally burning in, I am now wholly happy with the T5P-2 phones. I usually use them with a Chord Hugo 2 DAP, which is also at the precise/cool end of the sound characteristic spectrum and can use them for hours at a time without aural discomfort. At some point I will fit deeper pads but more for the wearing comfort than sound issues.

Wilson

Dec 13, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #1,850 of 1,956
That's very strange. I remember the treble was very strong, not too much but it was not very pleasant. But in time, it changed and the bass has gotten strong and more pleasant too.
It's a whole different T5p.2 now compared to the beginning.

And oh, I always use the stock earpads.

Dec 25, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #1,851 of 1,956
Cables are compatible across Amiron Home, T1 Gen 2 and Gen 3 as well as T5(p) Gen 2 and Gen 3, yes. And yes, the T1/T5 cables are of very high quality, I even bought some for my Denon D7200 of old (the D9200 I purchased recently comes with its own short cable)
Do you hear differences between the T5(p) cables and the stock cables for your D7200?

Dec 26, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #1,852 of 1,956
Something very strange appears to have happened to my T5p Gen 2's. Playing through my Cayin N6ii DAP, the sound is extremely thin and weak, regardless of gain and volume settings. I haven't used the headphones for a while, and don't remember them sounding like this before. They have relatively low hours on them. The N6ii is practically brand new. I tried my Xelentos and they sound devastatingly good! So, not sure what's happened to the T5p's. I need to try them on a couple of other sources to see it's definitely the headphones. All the jacks have been cleaned using Caig Deoxit G5.

Jan 2, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #1,853 of 1,956
Something very strange appears to have happened to my T5p Gen 2's. Playing through my Cayin N6ii DAP, the sound is extremely thin and weak, regardless of gain and volume settings. I haven't used the headphones for a while, and don't remember them sounding like this before. They have relatively low hours on them. The N6ii is practically brand new. I tried my Xelentos and they sound devastatingly good! So, not sure what's happened to the T5p's. I need to try them on a couple of other sources to see it's definitely the headphones. All the jacks have been cleaned using Caig Deoxit G5.

Found the issue. I was trying out Dekoni Elite Fenestrated Sheepskin earpads a while ago and didn't change them. The sound awful with the T5p Gen2. You 100% need earpads that provide a full seal around your ear. Changed the pads to Dekoni Choice Leather and the full sound is back.

Jan 2, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #1,854 of 1,956
Found the issue. I was trying out Dekoni Elite Fenestrated Sheepskin earpads a while ago and didn't change them. The sound awful with the T5p Gen2. You 100% need earpads that provide a full seal around your ear. Changed the pads to Dekoni Choice Leather and the full sound is back.
Indeed. And not only that, if the earcups are not fully around your ears, the spaciousness sounds narrowed down.

Jan 2, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #1,855 of 1,956
Hi,can you tell me the code for the Dekoni choice leather pads you use on the t5p,s.Looks like there are several different options.

Thanks

Jan 2, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #1,856 of 1,956
Hi,can you tell me the code for the Dekoni choice leather pads you use on the t5p,s.Looks like there are several different options.

Thanks

They are the Beyerdynamic DT Series Dekoni Choice Leather earpads. In fact, they are not real leather, so just be aware of that!

The manufacturer's code is EPZ-DT78990-CHL

I also (very carefully) removed the acoustic cloth mesh in the centre of them.

Here's how they look:
zmi6uXa.jpg

And here's the box details:
gQLZy6Z.jpg

Q7s6zDy.jpg

GxOJeuO.jpg

I hope that helps!

Jan 2, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #1,857 of 1,956
They are the Beyerdynamic DT Series Dekoni Choice Leather earpads. In fact, they are not real leather, so just be aware of that!

The manufacturer's code is EPZ-DT78990-CHL

I also (very carefully) removed the acoustic cloth mesh in the centre of them.

Here's how they look:
zmi6uXa.jpg

And here's the box details:
gQLZy6Z.jpg

Q7s6zDy.jpg

GxOJeuO.jpg

I hope that helps!
Thanks.I have been going through earlier posts.I might try the Dekonis leaving the cloth mesh in place as my only issue with the beyers is they are a bit too bright for me and the mesh might solve the problem.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #1,858 of 1,956
I have been trying to find a European stockist for the dekoni choice pads.Any recommendations?
I am in Portugal so the UK isnt preferred as it looks like the extra charges now make it problematic.The Portuguese distributor is showing out of stock ,and no stock expected.

Thanks.

Jan 4, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #1,859 of 1,956
I have been trying to find a European stockist for the dekoni choice pads.Any recommendations?
I am in Portugal so the UK isnt preferred as it looks like the extra charges now make it problematic.The Portuguese distributor is showing out of stock ,and no stock expected.

Thanks.

This company is the distributor for Spain and Portugal for Dekoni Audio products:

https://zococity.es

You can contact them and they should be able to help you. Their contact page is here:

https://zococity.es/contact

They don't seem to have the Dekoni Audio Elite Choice Leather pads in stock, but they may be able to get them for you.

Alternatively, here's a full distributor list for Dekoni Audio, so you may be able to source them from elsewhere in Europe:

https://dekoniaudio.com/international-dealers/

I hope that helps!

Jan 4, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #1,860 of 1,956

Thanks.
Sorry I originally posted thinking I was in a different thread

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back