New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation
Apr 24, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #1,651 of 1,956
No, it's the same headphone. You can check Beyer website for their official lineup. The T1.2 has two color options, and the T5p 2nd gen has this black and metallic grey color, which I love. I wish I picked a similar color variation (ninja black) for the T1.2 when I purchased it instead of the silver one.
Beyerdynamic also have B Stock on their website at reduced RRP's.
They also occasionally go for good prices on Amazon. I bought mine from Amazon for the full price with monthly payments over 5 months.

Apr 24, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #1,652 of 1,956
The ZR1 looks simple and nice too. What were your issues with it?

It's well designed and generally gorgeous looking and very comfortable to wear for hours. It just didn't stand out sonically in anyway, rather the opposite. Whilst it offered more lower end than the T5p.2, I thought it was comparably much looser and in faster parts mudded up the music. On the other hand, heights could be piercing at higher levels and I found my self turning don the volume quite a bit. I had much cheaper and subjectively better sounding closed-back headphones at hand (including the T5p.2 and the LSD-XC) and after the ZR1 was sitting in its box way too long, I sold it on this very platform.

Apr 24, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #1,653 of 1,956
It's well designed and generally gorgeous looking and very comfortable to wear for hours. It just didn't stand out sonically in anyway, rather the opposite. Whilst it offered more lower end than the T5p.2, I thought it was comparably much looser and in faster parts mudded up the music. On the other hand, heights could be piercing at higher levels and I found my self turning don the volume quite a bit. I had much cheaper and subjectively better sounding closed-back headphones at hand (including the T5p.2 and the LSD-XC) and after the ZR1 was sitting in its box way too long, I sold it on this very platform.
Sorry to hear that, especially because of the price. Ever tried the Z7M2?

That's a proof sometimes the prices doesn't really justify but that's only my opinion so don't take it seriously. If I want recessed vocals and detailed bass: Amiron Home. If I want bright treble without any piercing highs: T5p.2. If I want boomy bass while treble is bright and non-piercing highs: Meze 99 Classics. Well, all 3 headphones are way under the price of a single ZR1.

Apr 24, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #1,655 of 1,956
We are on the same page, @CTR640, just like there is no car for all purposes (anybody really enjoying an SUV off-road or on the highway?), you pick your headphones following the music you chose :).
Exactly, in the end of the day, we have our tastes, purposes and favorites. (and wallets with limits)

A Koenigsegg Agera on off-road? What the...

Apr 25, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #1,656 of 1,956
me > t5p > stellia > t5p > dt1770 > t5p soon again: just ordered a new pair at ~ 60% of normal street price. Stellia was and remains the king of closed but not worth it over the beyerdynamic offerings. DT1770 pro is amazing but the clamp is too strong / comfort is less. I'll be rejoining team T5p again!

Apr 25, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #1,657 of 1,956
me > t5p > stellia > t5p > dt1770 > t5p soon again: just ordered a new pair at ~ 60% of normal street price. Stellia was and remains the king of closed but not worth it over the beyerdynamic offerings. DT1770 pro is amazing but the clamp is too strong / comfort is less. I'll be rejoining team T5p again!
You've made a very wise choice, sir!

Apr 26, 2020 at 2:32 AM Post #1,658 of 1,956

😉
I love ’my’ t5p !!
Thanks.

Apr 26, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #1,659 of 1,956
Thank you arielext for the heads-up on the Focal Stellia as I was considering trying this headphone with my Hugo 2 to see if it was much better than the T5P Gen 2 given its price compared to the T5P.

Apr 26, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #1,660 of 1,956
Apr 26, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #1,661 of 1,956
Me too. Awesome headphone for its price, versatility and sound
I dont have budget for a T1-2 or T5p-2 this time -- sooo expensive, so I pushed the order button for a Denon closed back. I have heard great reviews about those, especially T1 with a good tube amp. Those are still on my radar for a possible upgrade in the future when I get money for them.

Apr 26, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #1,662 of 1,956
I dont have budget for a T1-2 or T5p-2 this time -- sooo expensive, so I pushed the order button for a Denon closed back. I have heard great reviews about those, especially T1 with a good tube amp. Those are still on my radar for a possible upgrade in the future when I get money for them.
Which Denon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back