New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Dec 28, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #901 of 3,928
I guess what I own is the latest version of HD650, which comes with black box. I would say it does'n't sound in veil any more, at least in comparison with DT880. However, the upper mid and treble are still less airy and transparent than DT880. 

Did you mod it?

Dec 28, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #903 of 3,928
No. But I'm thinking about buying an upgrade cable for HD650 to ameliorate its treble extension. 

Try the mods. At least remove the foam at the back, although I like the quarter mod too. And of course a silver cable doesn't hurt..

Dec 30, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #904 of 3,928
Last night - I heard a number of different headphones from Audeze, Grado, Sennheiser, and Beyerdynamics. I auditioned the Audeze set of headphones for a second time since the first time, I was short on time - the LCD-2, 3, and the X. I heard so much about them, but I did not feel that they offered anything special when compared to my Grado GS1000e. My ears just dont feel any sensation with Audeze headphones.

The first set of headphones I tried were the Grado PS1000 headphones. I instantly fell in love with these headphones and knew they were right for me. I listened to these headphones with various tracks for a good half hour before switching to the Audezes for a second time. When trying out the Audezes from headphone to headphone, I just could not take them off fast enough. I must have had no more than 15 minutes with three, they put all the Audeze headphones to shame.

After going back to the PS1000, i had the chance to listen to BeyerDynamics T1 and Sennheiser HD-800 Headphones. They too were winners in my ears, along with the PS1000. All are worthy of having as part of a headphone collection.

The best i could describe about my experience with all these headphones are that:
I felt the PS1000's offered the best all-around out of the three, with excellent seperation and great top-to-bottom sound.

I felt the HD-800 was a very close second, as I felt that the PS1000 offered a bit better detail and just slightly more lows than the HD-800.

The Beyerdynamics has a slightly different sound from the other two - a bit more recessed in the midrange and vocal areas compared to the other two. But it stood out having better highs than the other two, which may be in part due to having a slightly recessed mid-range.

Other than that, all three are winners to me, and I would not hesitate to have all three of them in my HP collection!!!

I am sure others may feel differently than my review - especially those who may own all or any combination of the three headphones compared to my 1 to 2 hour experience with them.

I am now a BeyerDynamic Fan, and I am once again a Sennheiser Fan (former owner) of headphones. I have always been a fan - and owner - of Grado headphones. The PS1000 simpily is Grados best headphone of all, which i hope to be a proud owner of one day.

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #906 of 3,928
I'm joining the thread with T1 V2. Great headphones. My 2 years of research and lot of listening to the other models is finally closed for longer period. Solid build and very neutral and natural sound through whole audio spectrum, PRAT, soundstage and so on... Just right.

Powered with Lampizator Level 4 and Lovely Cube (whole modded with better PSU).

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #907 of 3,928
I'm joining the thread with T1 V2. Great headphones. My 2 years of research and lot of listening to the other models is finally closed for longer period. Solid build and very neutral and natural sound through whole audio spectrum, PRAT, soundstage and so on... Just right.

complete agreeememt. My end game phones for the foreseeable future.

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #908 of 3,928

I've got a pair on the way, but is the bass nice? :)

Have you got any other Beyer's to compare it to?

Jan 1, 2016 at 6:45 PM Post #909 of 3,928
Tested the Beyerdynamics DT150 and T1 Gen 2 on the Chord Hugo TT and was surprised to find that I could hardly tell the difference between the two sound wise. They sounded so different on most other setups though.

Jan 1, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #910 of 3,928
  Last night - I heard a number of different headphones from Audeze, Grado, Sennheiser, and Beyerdynamics. I auditioned the Audeze set of headphones for a second time since the first time, I was short on time - the LCD-2, 3, and the X. I heard so much about them, but I did not feel that they offered anything special when compared to my Grado GS1000e. My ears just dont feel any sensation with Audeze headphones.

The first set of headphones I tried were the Grado PS1000 headphones. I instantly fell in love with these headphones and knew they were right for me. I listened to these headphones with various tracks for a good half hour before switching to the Audezes for a second time. When trying out the Audezes from headphone to headphone, I just could not take them off fast enough. I must have had no more than 15 minutes with three, they put all the Audeze headphones to shame.

After going back to the PS1000, i had the chance to listen to BeyerDynamics T1 and Sennheiser HD-800 Headphones. They too were winners in my ears, along with the PS1000. All are worthy of having as part of a headphone collection.

The best i could describe about my experience with all these headphones are that:
I felt the PS1000's offered the best all-around out of the three, with excellent seperation and great top-to-bottom sound.

I felt the HD-800 was a very close second, as I felt that the PS1000 offered a bit better detail and just slightly more lows than the HD-800.

The Beyerdynamics has a slightly different sound from the other two - a bit more recessed in the midrange and vocal areas compared to the other two. But it stood out having better highs than the other two, which may be in part due to having a slightly recessed mid-range.

Other than that, all three are winners to me, and I would not hesitate to have all three of them in my HP collection!!!

I am sure others may feel differently than my review - especially those who may own all or any combination of the three headphones compared to my 1 to 2 hour experience with them.

I am now a BeyerDynamic Fan, and I am once again a Sennheiser Fan (former owner) of headphones. I have always been a fan - and owner - of Grado headphones. The PS1000 simpily is Grados best headphone of all, which i hope to be a proud owner of one day.

Does the T1 you tried out was the 2nd Generation? Or was it the old one? And did the T1 have more Bass than the HD800 and PS1000?

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #911 of 3,928
If i remember correctly, the HD-800 had the least amount of bass out of the three, but not by much. I had listened to the second generation T1 headphones. I think the bass was similar between the T1 and the PS1000 headphones.

I found the PS1000 and the HD-800 to sound similar, with the PS1000 slightly edging out the HD-800. Any three headphones is a winner in my book.

Jan 1, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #912 of 3,928
I picked up a T1 gen 2 headphones for $800. It should be here next week.

Jan 2, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #915 of 3,928
Just wondering if anyone can recommend some 3.5mm TRS connectors which actually work on the T1 gen 2?

I have a really nice Toxic Silver Poison cable terminated to 4-Pin XLR and a multitude of adapters so am keen to use it with my T1s.  They were terminated for SMC (hifiman) so I today got out my multi-meter and soldering iron and changed the connectors to small trs 3.5 mm (THESE).  They looked like they would fit and sure enough seem to go in no problem.

I thoroughly tested the connections at each step and there are no issues. BUT there is no audio.  I;ve tried with another pair of phones I have and they work perfectly, it seems that the shoulder of the plugs as stopping a connection being made inside the cans, I was a bit peeved.  Anyone recommend some 'working' plugs I can use?  Thanks, here's some pics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back