New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Dec 27, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #886 of 3,925
"Of course, at normal listening levels, little to no benefit existsfor either 24-bit audio, or hi-end DAC/amp/DAPs"

I don't understand the above statement; if not at normal listening levels, then at which levels do benefits of 24-bit audio or hi end/DAC/amp/DAPS exist?

At extremely high volumes. To even approach theoretical benefit of 24-bit audio, you need to listen at levels which approach the lower bounds of 24-bit's theoretical dynamic range, signal to noise ratio, and stereo separation. Most listening levels don't even come close to saturating pre-amped 16-bit audio.

Dec 27, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #887 of 3,925
"The new design is truly bullet proof"

What part of the design is more bullet proof than the original T1???

The cable system is wonderful. The original T1 was wonderfully designed and built. But the new one, which offers the cable swap, is even better. Apart from that, no real differences apart from sound.

Dec 27, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #888 of 3,925
Yup they did. I got about 90 minutes of listenng time. I never owned the original T1. Compared to my T90 I'll say this-again this is only 90 minutes of listening w/no break-in: I think they are every bit superior in defnition, soundstaging and tonal accuracy. However, given I listen to a lot of electronic chill, down tempo, lounge, dance music the T90 more than hold their own in those genres. At this point I can see myself using them (T1) for everything, especially vocal and jazz genres but will continue to favor T90 until I get more understanding of these. Very articulate but definitely not razor sharp and clinical. I think they'll find a place for my needs.

Thank you for your detailed reply.

I would be interested to hear your impressions with further listening time, as I am very close to pulling the trigger on these. (And the the Feliks Elise to go with it).

Dec 27, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #889 of 3,925
Thank you for your detailed reply.

I would be interested to hear your impressions with further listening time, as I am very close to pulling the trigger on these. (And the the Feliks Elise to go with it).
They have been burning in all day today under a steady feed of Pandora.

Dec 27, 2015 at 7:28 PM Post #891 of 3,925
Have you noticed any changes?

Also, is the bass nice?
Just finished listening to the album below after a good 10 hours burning in time. 4 piece jazz ensemble. Truly outstanding phones. Every parameter sounds excellent to my ears. I may be unloading my t90s if that is any indication of how good these are.

Dec 27, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #895 of 3,925
Hnnng, I'm now torn between getting the Elise tube amp or the Figaro 332s tube amp....decisions decisions...I just want the warmer sounding of the two (with lovely rich bass :))
I'd be leary of using tubes-that's just my opinion. Phones this good deserve a super quiet and detailed amp. Go SS, class A. Decent midrange bloom can be found w/those designs too. Imho. Good luck.

Dec 27, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #896 of 3,925
Very interested on T1 now.
I have both HD650 and DT880 now. They are great gears, with their amazing properties.
However, I feel tired on changing headphone when listen to different kinds of music. I am looking forward one cans which could cover advantages of both HD 650 and DT 880.
Is T1 a good choice for me?

Dec 27, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #897 of 3,925
  Very interested on T1 now.
I have both HD650 and DT880 now. They are great gears, with their amazing properties.
However, I feel tired on changing headphone when listen to different kinds of music. I am looking forward one cans which could cover advantages of both HD 650 and DT 880.
Is T1 a good choice for me?

You know, I feel that the original T1 is that can, at least for me. But I've recently heard a late-production HD650 with lighter drivers (or something) that sounded lovely. I'm thinking of picking up a pair.

Dec 27, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #898 of 3,925

You know, I feel that the original T1 is that can, at least for me. But I've recently heard a late-production HD650 with lighter drivers (or something) that sounded lovely. I'm thinking of picking up a pair.

I guess what I own is the latest version of HD650, which comes with black box. I would say it does'n't sound in veil any more, at least in comparison with DT880. However, the upper mid and treble are still less airy and transparent than DT880. 

Dec 28, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #900 of 3,925

I guess what I own is the latest version of HD650, which comes with black box. I would say it does'n't sound in veil any more, at least in comparison with DT880. However, the upper mid and treble are still less airy and transparent than DT880. 

I've only seen it sold in the grey/silver box. Anyway, I'm on a mission. The T1 is a bit rich for my blood, especially as I'm less a headphone user than I am a speaker user, so investing in a used late-run HD650 may be a good idea. That, or a first-gen T1. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back