New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation)
Dec 24, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #857 of 3,924
  Thanks. Found that. It is sold at a $145 price. Acceptable:

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/accessories/connection-cable-audiophile-3m-balanced.html

Thats even cheaper than here: in the EU that cable costs €150. Its of good quality, has the same nice feel like the included single-ended cable and uses a Neutrik XL4. Reasonable price.
And to me it was interestingly quite a change, I like the T1.2 quite a bit better with the balanced cable. Checked balanced vs. unbalanced on the V281, which did not sound any different to me with my original T1 (which I reterminated to balanced).

Dec 24, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #860 of 3,924
What's 'shouldery'? But it does look like a sidegrade (did someone say T1S?) rather than upgrade.. Is that the general consensus around here?

Dec 24, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #861 of 3,924
  @hanselmann The T1 2nd generation sold on US Amazon does not include the "Optional 5-pin XLR cable". So in US where can I buy this balance cable?

Really don't understand why the T1 2nd generation sold on US Amazon does not include the balance cable.

Beyerdynamics sells the cable separately here:

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/connection-cable-audiophile-3m-balanced.html

This is standard across the globe.

EDIT: NVM...I'm a bit slow on the uptake this morning. I see you've found it already. 
redface.gif

Dec 24, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #863 of 3,924
T1 or HD800? they're about the same price atm.

If you like to get immersed in your music - T1

If you like to analyse your music or just like it to sound a bit weird - HD800

:p

Dec 24, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #867 of 3,924
@hanselmann
 The T1 2nd generation sold on US Amazon does not include the "Optional 5-pin XLR cable". So in US where can I buy this balance cable?

Really don't understand why the T1 2nd generation sold on US Amazon does not include the balance cable.
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/accessories/connection-cable-audiophile-3m-balanced.html

Edit: I didn't see the next page, and that the link was already posted there, my bad.

Dec 25, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #869 of 3,924
"shouldery". Ok. Might be analogous to "presence"? Just guessing. Side grade. Still great, just different.......

Obviously I need to amend the review somewhat. I'm sorry. I mean to say that its midrange has broad shoulders that push out. It's a very broad midrange even compared to the earlier version, and especially next to the DT880/600. 

Dec 25, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #870 of 3,924
Obviously I need to amend the review somewhat. I'm sorry. I mean to say that its midrange has broad shoulders that push out. It's a very broad midrange even compared to the earlier version, and especially next to the DT880/600. 

I honestly thought it meant that at some points FR dropped like a cliff, abrupt and sharp like the 90 degree curve of a shoulder. Thanks for clarifying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back