New Beyer DT1350
Aug 14, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #2,237 of 4,010
What's wrong with AUS and being over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

For I see you over there <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

You guys are too far away to enjoy our meet this Sat, :wink:

Aug 15, 2012 at 4:00 AM Post #2,239 of 4,010
I just ordered the DT1350 since they were on sale, and was wondering what would be the best portable amp to go with it with a max price of $140  (this is money I originally set aside for the Fiio E17, but was wondering if something would compliment it better)

Aug 15, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #2,240 of 4,010
I use E17 as DAC/amp to drive mine seriously and it's great. :)

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #2,241 of 4,010
So, I don't listen to R&B.  EVER.

That said, someone turned me onto Bobby Womack's new album, Bravest Man in the Universe.  It's solid AND it sounds quite nice on the 1350s.  The bass is present with a little thump to it, but it's not overpowering or distracting.  Not to mention that Womack's vocals sound pretty stellar.

You guys should check it out if you haven't already.

Aug 15, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #2,242 of 4,010
The 1350s do voice exceptionally well. Thanks for the recommendation. Checked him out on youtube, and see what you mean, great voice.

Aug 15, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #2,245 of 4,010
So I know this isn't really a good idea, and probably even illegal, but today I had to go to be at work at 9am, which means I had to leave around 7:20. For those who understand Atlanta traffic, no explanation is needed. Anyway, my usual start time is 1130am, so naturally I'm pretty grumpy as I get ready to leave the apartment. I get in my car and realize..."hey, I have my 1350s with me!"  I pulled em out of my laptop case, plugged 'em into my iPhone, and BAMMO!!! Amazing tunes the entire way to work as I travel at a blistering 13mph. 

It's kinda cool, cause these things isolate so well that you can actually hear your car functioning on a level you ordinarily can't assess. I'm 99% certain my car is out of alignment. I could hear a very slight, rumbling vibration...I thought it was just the road, cause I do notice a slight vibration in the steering column, too...but now I know the problem! haha

Anyone know if wearing headphones while driving is illegal? Or just stupid? 

Aug 15, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #2,246 of 4,010
Quote:
So I know this isn't really a good idea, and probably even illegal, but today I had to go to be at work at 9am, which means I had to leave around 7:20. For those who understand Atlanta traffic, no explanation is needed. Anyway, my usual start time is 1130am, so naturally I'm pretty grumpy as I get ready to leave the apartment. I get in my car and realize..."hey, I have my 1350s with me!"  I pulled em out of my laptop case, plugged 'em into my iPhone, and BAMMO!!! Amazing tunes the entire way to work as I travel at a blistering 13mph. 

It's kinda cool, cause these things isolate so well that you can actually hear your car functioning on a level you ordinarily can't assess. I'm 99% certain my car is out of alignment. I could hear a very slight, rumbling vibration...I thought it was just the road, cause I do notice a slight vibration in the steering column, too...but now I know the problem! haha

Anyone know if wearing headphones while driving is illegal? Or just stupid? 

Wearing headphones while driving is not illegal, not even sure why it would be.  I actually prefer people doing so rather then blasting their tunes through a gigantic subwoofer which just bothers other people, especially late at night or early morning.  Now if you were texting or calling someone on your iphone while driving, that is illegal lol.  

On another note, I really am still looking for a good portable amp to go with these.  I plan on using them when I start up work again next week in which I work in a computer lab fixing computers and would love to be able to listen to my tunes while I wait for customers or working on a computer.  I have been thinking of the Fiio E11 or E17, but heard that the cMoyBB from JDSLabs would be better, but I would like to hear other peoples opinions.  Budget is $140.  

Aug 15, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #2,247 of 4,010
My Fiio E11 works great with them, as does my ZO2....might be a tad out of your budget range, but I'm sure Jan Meier's portables would be a great match for the 1350s. 

Thanks for the info about the headphones...I had never even really thought about whether I'd get dinged for wearing them, but you make a good point...people who blare their car stereos probably hear even less than I would with the 1350s on lol. 

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #2,248 of 4,010
Quote:
My Fiio E11 works great with them, as does my ZO2....might be a tad out of your budget range, but I'm sure Jan Meier's portables would be a great match for the 1350s. 

Thanks for the info about the headphones...I had never even really thought about whether I'd get dinged for wearing them, but you make a good point...people who blare their car stereos probably hear even less than I would with the 1350s on lol. 

Sorry...illegal in Georgia.

http://lifehacker.com/5902802/ever-wonder-if-its-actually-legal-to-wear-headphones-when-youre-driving

No such rules here in TN, but it just doesn't seem smart, regardless.  Gotta hear horns and sirens at the very least...

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #2,249 of 4,010
Wow are you serious?  That makes no sense in my personal opinion. I  have seen people driving with their car stereo blasting to no ends where even I can't hear other things around me from a different car (people have no shame here in Hawaii).  Hell there is even that occasional time where someone has a large subwoofer in their car, that houses on the side would shake.  Well if your really concerned, I guess the benefit of the DT1350 is you can wear it on only one ear.

Aug 15, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #2,250 of 4,010
I notice when I'm on +6db gain on E17 with these, the bass thumps harder but there's a trade off in dynamics. The texture of instruments has somewhat lost its depth or something. When on 0db gain, the bass (bass drums to be precise) is not as prominent and punchy, but the toms and bass guitars has incredible depth. Anyone has explanation for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back