New Beyer DT1350
Aug 9, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #2,176 of 4,010
lol roma so trying hard to get these(i saw your headphone trade post).  i'm happy with mine.. still burning them in. i think i've have like 20 hrs on them and i've had them for like 2 weeks, but I love mine. isolation is great, perfect for my sound signature, i like bright sounding headphones but not too bright so they are in the best medium, my grados 225i have like 500+ hrs burned in but i prefer these beyers because grados sound too bright, if i listen to acoustic sets, I switch to the grados.

they are currently driving on my fiio e7, and i think these headphones deserve better amps, so I just ordered ibasso d7 + fred_fred_2004 3 channel cmoy amp. I feel this combo will make my DT-1350s really happy.

Aug 9, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #2,177 of 4,010
Haha yeah glad you're enjoying them! As much as I love the K181s (I like them better than the HD25s btw) I need a smaller form factor and the DTs have been on my list since last year. Hopefully I'll get my hands on a pair soon. Recently I got some ES10s and as superb as they sound and as perfect as their form factor is, I will most likely be putting them on the FS forum because I need more isolation for my daily commute.

Not sure if the DTs will completely suit my preferences but I'm way too curious at this point. :p

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #2,178 of 4,010
Quote:
Not sure if the DTs will completely suit my preferences but I'm way too curious at this point.
tongue.gif

Sigh - me too! I'm here listening to my PX100-II's and my modded KSC75's, and loving them both, yet I know that the this stupid thread will doom me to the DT1350's sooner or later! Damn head-fi and damn this thread LOL!

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #2,179 of 4,010
Quote:
Haha yeah glad you're enjoying them! As much as I love the K181s (I like them better than the HD25s btw) I need a smaller form factor and the DTs have been on my list since last year. Hopefully I'll get my hands on a pair soon. Recently I got some ES10s and as superb as they sound and as perfect as their form factor is, I will most likely be putting them on the FS forum because I need more isolation for my daily commute.
Not sure if the DTs will completely suit my preferences but I'm way too curious at this point.
tongue.gif

Hey Roma, I see you are trying to get a pair on the For Sale Forum. Before you get your pair, just make sure the seller hadn't stretched the headphone. A lot people found the DT1350 to have a bit more clamp force than they would like to, so they stretched the headphone. I bought an over stretched pair which I found it affects the sound sonically and also the isolation (I have a pair which I bought brand new to compare with).  

Aug 9, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #2,180 of 4,010
Wow, thanks for the tip dragoonv! Yeah I definitely would not like that, considering I would prefer the extra clamp for the sake of SQ and isolation. I appreciate you letting me know.

Aug 9, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #2,181 of 4,010
Quite honestly, this varies considerably. I have a large enough head and I had to bend INWARDS slightly for a better clamp. If people are stretching these then that is def going to affect the sound but IT IS possible to bend back.

Take caution. If you bend the metal then make sure you put the ladder piece on the top rung exposing the whole piece and then HOLD FIRMLY onto the area where your serial number is on each side so as not to loosen the clamps and spacers and such, and then hold with your other hand the exposed metal piece and bend it slightly in the middle. It only takes a VERY slight bend to get these rolling with perfect isolation. It is the metal you must bend. They are not really stretched per se imo as you can manipulate the metal how you want. Just make sure you don't overbend or something like that. Test them against a backlight to make sure the arch of the metal is uniform on both sides.

Aug 10, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #2,183 of 4,010
Quote:
What other beyers have you tried, maybe we can give you a bit of impression based on other beyers.

I owned a pair of 880s in the 600 ohm version for a while and really liked them but eventually decided I wanted the bass to be a little more evident. I current have Denon D2000s and the bass is definitely there but sometimes seems a little muffled or muddy. For a very long time when I describe how I like bass I say I prefer to hear it as opposed to feel it. The Denons seem to be just over the edge of feeling it.  

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #2,184 of 4,010
I just got my ibasso d7 and i was listening to them through my fiio e7, and these babys need some good ampage to make them, just phenominal. just treat em right and they will treat you the same... i'm still in burn in period with the iBasso so who knows, things might open up soon.

Aug 10, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #2,186 of 4,010
Quote:

I owned a pair of 880s in the 600 ohm version for a while and really liked them but eventually decided I wanted the bass to be a little more evident. I current have Denon D2000s and the bass is definitely there but sometimes seems a little muffled or muddy. For a very long time when I describe how I like bass I say I prefer to hear it as opposed to feel it. The Denons seem to be just over the edge of feeling it.  

I never understood the big following of the Denons. The D2000 sounded like dj or club phones. I never really considered them to have an audiophile sound at all. That's just my impression based on what I value, but I never found those that interesting. And the 880s were just painful to me. The DT1350s are the first Beyers that impressed me but WOW did/do they impress me.

Aug 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #2,187 of 4,010
I never understood the big following of the Denons. The D2000 sounded like dj or club phones. I never really considered them to have an audiophile sound at all. That's just my impression based on what I value, but I never found those that interesting. And the 880s were just painful to me. The DT1350s are the first Beyers that impressed me but WOW did/do they impress me.

The Denon D2000 with some modification ( MarkL & J$ pads ) get to an acceptable level. The bass get under control and the mid's come forward a bit for a very good detail/fun signature.

The DT1350 are very good with an amplifier that give them the juice they like. :D

Aug 10, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #2,188 of 4,010

The Denon D2000 with some modification ( MarkL & J$ pads ) get to an acceptable level. The bass get under control and the mid's come forward a bit for a very good detail/fun signature.

The DT1350 are very good with an amplifier that give them the juice they like. :D

Aug 10, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #2,189 of 4,010
Quote:

The only area I could really give the 880s the nod over the 1350s would be comfort. I like the comfort of the 1350s, but just like my T1s, the 880s were ridiculously comfortable on my head. In terms of sonics, though, the 880s had a larger sound stage, but I consider the 1350s a better headphone all around. Not to say that I consider the 880s a poor headphone, cause I don't at all. It's a very good headphone. It's just that I consider the 1350s an excellent phone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back