New Beyer DT1350
Jun 18, 2012 at 7:15 PM Post #1,756 of 4,010
Quote:
More T1 or DT1350 samples and testing of the precision on my rig (just to make doubly sure) should be the next step.

Agreed.

I apologize in advance, but if I really enjoy mine then I won't be shipping them to you to test.  If I hate them, on the other hand, well that's just more likely to make you 6 for 6.  Can't...resist...magnetic...pull...!

Jun 18, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #1,758 of 4,010
I wonder if my own pair is wonky too but I just like the sound 
confused_face_2.gif

Mine doesn't sound like what others described though.

On my headband project:
I was falsely informed of the stocks of Beyer headbands, and it seems like they'll only arrive in 2-4 weeks time in the local headphone shop. So that means I won't be able to do it and post pictures. 

If anyone wants to try it though, feel free to do so. My idea was simply to take a replacement leather headband from the DT770/880/990 series and use it on the DT1350's, losing the dual headband feature (which I don't use at all) for possibly better comfort. 

Jun 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #1,761 of 4,010
Purrin I got my DT1350 a few months after it first came out so mine is one of the earlier releases. Would you be interested in measuring mine? I'm rather curious how mine would stack up against slwiser's pair.

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #1,762 of 4,010
I can see the views from both side and I think there is no right and wrong. I've owned 4 pairs of DT1350 so far now. Sold one of them tho. To my ears, there are only two variations.

The bass response differences are the greatest from what I can tell, overall sound is still much the same, but I have to say, I do prefer one DT1350 to the others.

For those who haven't tried the DT1350, give it a try. One thing, both variations will step up with amping, I used my Auditor to amp them. The improvement is obvious (ignoring the hiss from Auditor).

I also own a pair of T1 and had another pair, they sounded a bit different, but not vast. I think it was due to pad burn in. Anyway, I still enjoy my DT1350 :D

Jun 19, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #1,763 of 4,010
Quote:
Did not note serial #'s. I can track them down.

That would be appreciated. In the end that might not tell us anything but it could at least tell us if there was any considerable time between the manufacturing of them.

Jun 20, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #1,764 of 4,010
"Even with a sample size of 3 it's easy to conclude that they are a joke of a studio monitor."

Man, you are pretty off base there. I don't know any studio guys who look at graphs and don't even listen to things before going yeah send that back to whatever! LOFL. Get real. These sound better than anything else on the market at 300 bucks and you HD 25 yahoos are prime suspect for abuse by me. I kid I kid. But come on people three samples from a non-professional measuring capacity and people here think you are somehow legitimate scientists? You guys should work for the lobbyists at Monsanto! Seriously!

Two year warranty. Do yours sound awful? Send them back.

Honestly, I don't care how scientific purrin's setup is or where he stands among forumites this is no credible scientific study whatsoever and the readings on super-aural phones to my knowledge could be biased in some way we have no idea the correct way to measure these phones do we? I just don't see any of this going anywhere. My pair sounds nowhere near like a couple of those graphs look. And the top one is not even that bad. ALL we can do is send more pairs to him to measure and that is about that. Also, you really need to measure each pair three times to make sure there are no mistakes I take it you do this already? A sample set of 3 is a joke if we are measuring quality. I am just saying this is going overboard and many of the haters that were in this discussion seem to still be here. I really don't care much anymore I know that I am satisfied and that is all.

Any legitimate results would need a lab and at least 15 pairs to test all in the same setting at the same date and time with the scientists of note backing up all findings. This here on the forum is not legitimate. So we can go by results and think things through but please no way in hell you are suddenly publishing this anywhere. Can we tone down the rhetoric? ESPECIALLY for the haters who pretend they are in this discussion giving ANY constructive conjecture about anything...

Jun 20, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #1,765 of 4,010
Can we tone down the rhetoric? ESPECIALLY for the haters who pretend they are in this discussion giving ANY constructive conjecture about anything...

Constructive conjecture? As in...

"Honestly, I don't care how scientific purrin's setup is or where he stands among forumites this is no credible scientific study whatsoever and the readings on super-aural phones to my knowledge could be biased in some way we have no idea the correct way to measure these phones"

"But come on people three samples from a non-professional measuring capacity and people here think you are somehow legitimate scientists? You guys should work for the lobbyists at Monsanto! Seriously!"

"This here on the forum is not legitimate"

"I just don't see any of this going anywhere."

Jun 20, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #1,767 of 4,010
It's OK.
biggrin.gif
 No need to inflame any passions.

Although I must ask (not to anyone in particular), why are incredibly high standards of scientific proof required of me, and the benefit of the doubt blindly given to Beyer, considering that many people here on the forums have heard differences with headphones in the Tesla line (not just the DT1350).

I just trying to help out unsuspecting people. It's different when you know people who have actually suffered because they had purchased these headphones and sold them at a loss (or held on to them wondering why they didn't like them) because they didn't know they were defective or within spec.

Jun 20, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #1,768 of 4,010
Purrin, I am not doubting you. I was going to send you my phones *** but to be honest this forum is not generally to my trust factor so I don't think I will bother.

But statements like those of the above are purely ridiculous. FIRST OF ALL: nobody buys 3 hundred dollar phones for a ******* studio unless you are dumb. 2nd: Purrin is not a scientist and until the day they start allowing non-scientists in this country any degree of relevance--maybe they should--these results are pure conjecture. I just know Purrin, to a somewhat lesser degree, and Devils, in your case to my knowledge with zero repute, have been on the hate train since day one excuse me while I don't give a ****.

I know gold when I hear it and my pair sound ******* marvelous. They are also the latest ###### on the board so far as if that means anything no clue.

Jun 20, 2012 at 3:43 AM Post #1,769 of 4,010
Seriously, Purrin, you were deliberately against these from the start. Do we need to go back several hundred posts. The fact Devils KNEW these were trash in 15 minutes in laughable. I don't even care anymore. Might as well ban me again as I don't plan on any further discussion unless you have more results. I don't doubt you btw I just don't like you or anyone else claiming you have legitimate scientific results. You have results to the general public. Until someone of repute can claim your findings as factual we all just sit here and think whatever. I know there are problems with my assumptions that you are correct. The fact mine sound mostly golden is another thing I have to consider here.

Jun 20, 2012 at 3:44 AM Post #1,770 of 4,010
Swarthy could you please calm down. We're discussing headphones not insulting your wife there's no reason to get upset about a difference of opinion.

Purrin if it means anything I'm still willing to send you my DT1350's. Maybe if you can get enough measurements and log the bad pairs serial numbers maybe it'll be possible to come up with a pattern of which ones are failing and what to look for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back