New Beyer DT1350
Jan 19, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #3,721 of 4,010

The closest headphone to the DT1350's signature in a full-size is the T5p.  I know this is not much help since you could buy the T1 for the price of the T5p.

The T1 is the better headphone.  The T5p does offer isolation and "portability".

The AKG K550 is somewhat similar to the DT1350...and a lot cheaper than the T5p.

If you want another really good portable, try the Martin Logan Mikros 90.

I know this might sound strange but, I have actually started to consider  HE-400/500 or even ath w1000x!

Jan 20, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #3,722 of 4,010
I know this might sound strange but, I have actually started to consider  HE-400/500 or even ath w1000x!
I'd wait a few months for the he400i/he560. I had a he400 and main downside was the weight, so heavy for long sessions. Not a drama but then you put on a pair of dynamics like my fostex th600 and they just get lost on your head and you get lost in the music, as it should be. The new hifiman models are significantly lighter and have a new suspension headband design.

Jan 21, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #3,724 of 4,010
  Does anyone know how the DT1350s stack up to the V-Moda M80s? I had the M80s for around a month and was NOT impressed by much of anything they did with exception to their bass.

FAR more accurate and balanced.  Better clarity.  

Bass doesn't stand out as much, but that's because I think the bass on the M80 is extremely colored.  The bass on the 1350s extends very deep.  

When I listened to the M80s, I got the impression that they had a fun and different sound, but nothing sounded exactly "right".  I would listen to something I was familiar with like Radiohead and enjoyed it.  But, it just wasn't how Radiohead was "supposed" to sound if that makes sense.

Jan 23, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #3,725 of 4,010

Not trying to contradict you, but the T90 is nothing like the DT1350.  I recently returned a pair of T90s because they were extremely bright for my tastes.  The DT1350, on the other hand, is perfect and I can't see myself being without a pair at hand. 

The closest headphone to the DT1350's signature in a full-size is the T5p.  I know this is not much help since you could buy the T1 for the price of the T5p.

The T1 is the better headphone.  The T5p does offer isolation and "portability".

The AKG K550 is somewhat similar to the DT1350...and a lot cheaper than the T5p.

If you want another really good portable, try the Martin Logan Mikros 90.

Sorry for my late reply, busy at work...
As I said before: my perception of the T90 is derived from a short encounter with it, driven by an A20 so that might not be directly comparable with my own Beyerdynamic headphones.

Nevertheless to my ears the T5p is quite far away from the DT1350, much brighter and quite lean in the bass department, though of good resolution. The T90 sounded more balanced to me and, while brighter than the DT1350, it also offers more details in the treble region.

The K550 is to my ears quite different from both the DT1350 and the T5p: a bit harsh in the upper mids/lower treble (which the DT1350 is not), stronger bass (which the T5p does not have). Nevertheless a nice option within its price range.

And yes: if the situation does not specifically call for the T5p (i.e. *must* be closed), the T1 is overall the better of the two.

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #3,726 of 4,010

Sorry for my late reply, busy at work...
As I said before: my perception of the T90 is derived from a short encounter with it, driven by an A20 so that might not be directly comparable with my own Beyerdynamic headphones.

Nevertheless to my ears the T5p is quite far away from the DT1350, much brighter and quite lean in the bass department, though of good resolution. The T90 sounded more balanced to me and, while brighter than the DT1350, it also offers more details in the treble region.

The K550 is to my ears quite different from both the DT1350 and the T5p: a bit harsh in the upper mids/lower treble (which the DT1350 is not), stronger bass (which the T5p does not have). Nevertheless a nice option within its price range.

And yes: if the situation does not specifically call for the T5p (i.e. *must* be closed), the T1 is overall the better of the two.

If the T5p is far from the DT1350 then the T90 is from here to the moon.  The T90 is the brightest headphone I've ever heard.  The T90 is MUCH, MUCH brighter than the T5p...and the T5p is much brighter than the DT1350...I'll agree to that.

What the T5p and the K550 have in common with the DT1350 is clear, detailed highs and an incredible sub-bass (the quantity may differ, but the quality and depth is superb in all these models). 

Jan 25, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #3,735 of 4,010
eek.gif

Wow. Super impressive.

Question is, how do they sound??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back