New Beyer DT1350
Jul 21, 2011 at 1:06 AM Post #706 of 4,010
Mine arrived today. Looks quite nice but not the most comfortable. I actually have no issues with the earcups as they fit right on my ear perfectly without me having to fiddle with it to find the sweet spot. However, the hinge point on either side (where you can adjust the split top bands) dig into my skull which is pretty irritating. I'm surprised they didn't pad the inward-facing plastic piece.

Sound-wise I like it quite a lot out of the box. But it's got to be amped which is a little surprising since it comes with 1/8" plugs. I first tried it w/my desktop computer amped and it sounded great. Then I plugged it straight into my iPhone 4 and it sounded not so great. Now to let it burn for awhile.

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #707 of 4,010
Well it took long enough but my DT1350's are in and I'm picking them up tomorrow. After waiting nearly two months I hope I'm not disappointed.
I even commissioned a cmoy to amp them and see if they really scale up like people on here say they do. The amp should be ready in a week or two
L3000.gif

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #708 of 4,010
Yesterday night I was using my beloved MS1, which I missed a lot on my so called vacations, and then swifted to the DT1350, and it was actually really nice, I was listening to slow calm music, acoustic and female singer. Now, If i trow some metal to it and expect to have fun, I find myself greatly dissapointed.

Jul 21, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #709 of 4,010
Quote:
Yesterday night I was using my beloved MS1, which I missed a lot on my so called vacations, and then swifted to the DT1350, and it was actually really nice, I was listening to slow calm music, acoustic and female singer. Now, If i trow some metal to it and expect to have fun, I find myself greatly dissapointed.

|[More than 8 to PM|The Perfect Portable || WPU ||

| I will stay on my own on this bloodstained throne, I rule the ruins and wrecks, and the dust, dirt and stone, I rule rage rod and rattling of bones |

Statement of will: I will never ever buy a (non grado) headphone again, EVER.

That addition to your sig looks like bad news for the Beyers....

Jul 21, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #711 of 4,010
Looks like you've given up on everything else to me, but maybe I'm wrong...

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #713 of 4,010
beyers are made for monitoring and its obvious they wont be as involving and magic as grados. I really like both. beyers are just more accurate, natural and dont lie about recording:) thats why theyre sometimes taken as boring, lifeless etc they do sound much better with good equipment though. its just matter of taste.

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #715 of 4,010
^ Monitoring portable headphones sounds like a contradiction to me.

I think I finally found my (probably) sweet spot ( regarding DT1350 on head, of course ) and it makes a great difference in sound. ( a good difference).

I split the headband wide and put them on with one band straight up and the other almost in the back of my head, then swivel the cups as you see in the image. it made the difference, I used to put them on press on the cups, there was an improvement in sound, which is basically (almost) the same I have now without pressing on the cups with my hands. 
for a portable can they should be easier to put on/ take off.

edit: forgot to explain, the part in the blue circle press my ear and the part in the green square reaps my hair.

yeap, thats me, curly hair down to the shoulder, I was using a ponytail, otherwise, the beyer has no mercy with my hair, its like PortaPpros's bigger brother.

Lt. Aldo Raine should have had a beyer DT1350 to scalp nazis.

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #716 of 4,010

Quote:

I think I finally found my (probably) sweet spot ( regarding DT1350 on head, of course ) and it makes a great difference in sound. ( a good difference).

I split the headband wide and put them on with one band straight up and the other almost in the back of my head, then swivel the cups as you see in the image. it made the difference, I used to put them on press on the cups, there was an improvement in sound, which is basically (almost) the same I have now without pressing on the cups with my hands. 
for a portable can they should be easier to put on/ take off.

yeap, thats me, curly hair down to the shoulder, I was using a ponytail, otherwise, the beyer has no mercy with my hair, its like PortaPpros's bigger brother.

Lt. Aldo Raine should have had a beyer DT1350 to scalp nazis.

wutta hairy person

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #717 of 4,010

Quote:
Can anyone compare them with the Sony V6/7506?

compared to the DT1350 the V6's are: more bassy, more full sound, way waaaay more fun and also waaaaay less detailed, have less instrument separation, less analytical, and more comfortable.

the beyer sound feels more light and most def more acurated.

not so sure about the following statement, but I believe the V6 has recessed mids and the beyer the mids are quite prominent. what I know for sure is that these are totally different animals.

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #719 of 4,010
Quote:

I think the 1350 along with the HD25 designed to let sound guy hear everything properly on location in a warzone while dodging bullets, or possibly dangerous wild animals, and drown out the sound of impending doom while never falling off since any acceleration sufficient to remove the 1350s from your head will probably knock you unconscious and might just kill you.

That's their niche.

I think...

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #720 of 4,010

Quote:
compared to the DT1350 the V6's are: more bassy, more full sound, way waaaay more fun and also waaaaay less detailed, have less instrument separation, less analytical, and more comfortable.

the beyer sound feels more light and most def more acurated.

not so sure about the following statement, but I believe the V6 has recessed mids and the beyer the mids are quite prominent. what I know for sure is that these are totally different animals.

Wow, was not expecting that. I just received the V6's today, have them on my head and have been amazed at the detail and instrument separation. I thought they sound pretty accurate (I'm finding them better than my HD-25's). I have to try the DT 1350's pronto, it seems.

Nice hair btw!  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back