NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Jan 22, 2022 at 5:22 AM Post #1,592 of 2,077

This headphone is interesting. In the website saying "Expertly tuned 40 mm Beryllium coated drivers acoustically optimized to the HARMAN Curve"

And is very good they're using leather earpads, the battery life is good, codecs are good and is possible using in passive mode (not wireless) too (20hz-20khz wireless and 10hz-40khz passive). In a video the earcups are looking very big and the case too unfortunately.

But for me the shiny design in a big part of the earcups, with the red and silver colours and the big name of the company in the middle, is making this headphone looking cheap, like is 20€ not 1000 dollars (probably 1000€ in Europe).

By the way, the h95 is now 100 euros more expensive, from 800 euros before to 900 euros now.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 10.56.06.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 10.56.06.png
    4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #1,594 of 2,077
Hello guys and gals, just want to confirm what I mentioned before about Windows 11 and AAC support. Microsoft added AAC support for bluetooth audio streaming so currently selected codec is AAC by default instead of aptX or SBC which is great. I cannot tell now how good implementation it is, whether it's apple level or different, but I'm very excited something like this happening natively without any dedicated middle-device.

h95_win11_codec.png

Jan 27, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #1,595 of 2,077
Hello there,
Here are my 2cents:
I was looking for wireless aptxHD (aptx adaptive in worst case) compatible headphones. Tested 4: Beoplay HX, H95, Sennheiser Momentum 3, Beyerdynamc Amiron Wireless. The one and only I decided to keep - H95 :)

Thats why: (comparing to H95)
Beoplay HX: I have missed sub-bass and punch. Earcups were too small.
Amiron Wireless: Sub-bass non egsistent at all.
Momentum 3: too bassy, too muddy.

I like H95 in everything: clamping force, on/off button, sound signature, how do they look, are made etc. Perfect upgrade for my Beoplay H2 (btw one of the best on ear hedphones ever i have used).

Highly recommend H95 especially if someone still are wondering to go or not for it.

Jan 28, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #1,596 of 2,077
hello everyone.. ok, this is different, but still I want to make a good decision..
I just bought beoplay EQ two days ago and after read many comments here, I'm planning to buy H95. are they really different in terms of sound quality ? I mean betweeen EQ and H95. I want to know your suggestion. thanks

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #1,598 of 2,077
For clarity and neutrality yet with ample-yet-accurate bass, you will do better with the H95, absolutely.
These sound as good as many NICE wired headphones.
If you like the B&O house sound, you should enjoy the H95.

Several of them listed on the ‘bay less than retail right now.

Jan 29, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #1,599 of 2,077
For clarity and neutrality yet with ample-yet-accurate bass, you will do better with the H95, absolutely.
These sound as good as many NICE wired headphones.
If you like the B&O house sound, you should enjoy the H95.

Several of them listed on the ‘bay less than retail right now.
Thanks for your reply. I will audition them this sunday. Btw, the B&O EQ sound really really great. No other tws can compete them. So, you have both of them ?

Jan 30, 2022 at 6:26 AM Post #1,600 of 2,077
I had auditioned the EQ and just fount the 95 more to my liking.
It was that or the Beyerdynamic Amiron for me and the wonky BT of the Amiron,(that one reads about), kind of settled me on a set of cans with excellent sound and a decent wireless function.
I have SO MANY very nice wired ‘phones, I just wouldn’t buy a set of wireless unless I was actually going to use them as such.

Jan 30, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #1,601 of 2,077
I had auditioned the EQ and just fount the 95 more to my liking.
It was that or the Beyerdynamic Amiron for me and the wonky BT of the Amiron,(that one reads about), kind of settled me on a set of cans with excellent sound and a decent wireless function.
I have SO MANY very nice wired ‘phones, I just wouldn’t buy a set of wireless unless I was actually going to use them as such.
Thanks sir.. same here. I listened UERR daily and hifiman edition x and the sound of EQ also suit my taste. And I think h95 will not far from them in terms of sound signature. I decided to buy h95. Thanks

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #1,602 of 2,077
Hello guys and gals, just want to confirm what I mentioned before about Windows 11 and AAC support. Microsoft added AAC support for bluetooth audio streaming so currently selected codec is AAC by default instead of aptX or SBC which is great. I cannot tell now how good implementation it is, whether it's apple level or different, but I'm very excited something like this happening natively without any dedicated middle-device.

h95_win11_codec.png
This is good to know. Thanks for sharing!

Jan 31, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #1,603 of 2,077
Hey guys, here’s a dumb question… I love my h95’s, but im wondering if i can use them wired while at my desk with an external dac/amp, like the Woo Audio fireflys, or even a chord mojo. I can’t find definitive answers if the cans will benefit, or if the internal dac in the headphones will override an external one when plugged in with the 3.5mm.

Feb 1, 2022 at 3:35 AM Post #1,604 of 2,077
I just bought H95 and they are too bassy for me. They remind me of Jerry Harvey Roxanne and JH16. Maybe I have to play with the equalizer. Meanwhile, I love my B&O EQ more.. listening Fourplay, Lee Ritenour with B&O EQ really wow. You can hear every detail of the instruments. Yet, once again, h95 too bassy for me. I used to listened UERR (the most balance IEM to me). Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back