NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Apr 1, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #1,623 of 2,078
Has anyone listened to both the Mark Levinson N° 5909 and the H95? How do they compare?

I have the ml 5909 for 8 days. I don't have my h95 because I selling this already, but I comparing the 2 headphones for 2 days.

In my comparison of the 2 headphones I deciding keeping the 5909. The main reason is the better sound.

The h95 is still a very good headphone, but for the first time, with the 5909, I'm hearing a headphone that isn't only giving me better sound than the h95, but in wireless mode is good like a very good wired headphone.

The design, the size (more convenient for travelling), the construction quality and the features (specially the really excellent volume wheel and play/pause and skip back/forward touch controls) and battery life are better in the h95. But the sound, little better comfort, better more practical travel case and better accessories are better in 5909. The 5909 too is sounding excellent in passive (wired) mode (the h95 isn't possible using in real passive mode).

About the sound, the 5909 is more correct, is more balanced than the h95, with less deep bass but still excellent bass, better mids and treble performance, specially the treble. The soundstage of the 5909 is similar of a open back headphone, this is a big surprise. The extraction of details in the 5909 is in different level of all other wireless headphones I hearing before.

The transparency of the h95 is little better and I think the anc of both headphones is very similar.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #1,624 of 2,078
I’m using a Dragonfly Red DAC with my iPhone 12 and Apple Lossless files. Is there any improvement in SQ when going to a Dragonfly Cobalt if the H95 is just going to process the analog signal again?

Apr 5, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #1,625 of 2,078
I’m using a Dragonfly Red DAC with my iPhone 12 and Apple Lossless files. Is there any improvement in SQ when going to a Dragonfly Cobalt if the H95 is just going to process the analog signal again?
I think there is no improvement. just different sound signature. red has a fun signature and cobalt has more calm signature. and your h95 has a very good dac already.

Apr 9, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #1,626 of 2,078

@fenjen, @angelom

I owe you an apology. it actually works!

That day I updated the firmware, set the wind reduction "on" and went out to test it.

It didn't seem to change anything, so I put it aside and forgot about it.

However, I tested it again today and it works pretty well!
It could be that the app/headphone needed a power cycle. Also, I noticed that if you have the wind reduction "on" and change the level of noise cancellation from the headphone, it turns it automatically off. So maybe that day I had it off without realising it.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2022 at 9:52 PM Post #1,628 of 2,078
Just got this HP today, my previous setups are Sony's WH-1000XM3, WF-1000XM3&4, Shure's SE846 (with different DACs), Sennheiser's MTW1&2, and IE300.

Got to say B&O's H95 are way better, but way, way better than any of my previous experiences, listening to David Gilmour's Live at Pompeii while writing this and oh my god the difference, details haven't heard before, the sound is crisp as it can be, really enjoying this.

Apr 27, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #1,629 of 2,078
I’ve been having a problem with my H95s turning off after around an hour and a half when wired and also BT connected. My local agent says that it’s my Dragonfly Red DAC that I’m using with an iPhone 12 and Apple camera adapter. Turning the headphones off and in again restarts the music and reconnects to BT.

Has anybody else has this problem?

Apr 28, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #1,630 of 2,078
Update: Same issue with a Fiio X5iii so it’s not the Dragonfly, unlike what B&O told my agent. The agent lent me another H95 and it’s dropped a couple times so I’m beginning to suspect software issues.

May 9, 2022 at 12:41 AM Post #1,631 of 2,078
I’ve been having a problem with my H95s turning off after around an hour and a half when wired and also BT connected. My local agent says that it’s my Dragonfly Red DAC that I’m using with an iPhone 12 and Apple camera adapter. Turning the headphones off and in again restarts the music and reconnects to BT.

Has anybody else has this problem?
yes, I have the same problem when wired. but, with my paired beoplay A1. I paired 2 beoplay A1 with stereo cable and plug them to my ipad. after about an hour, they turned off. never had this problem when connected with bluetooth.

May 31, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #1,635 of 2,078
A small question re the H95s. Say in a couple of years' time when the battery inevitably dies and can't hold its charge anymore, would the USB-C wired mode still be able to drive the headphones? It would be a shame if it becomes a paperweight..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back