NEW Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H95 ANC Headphones - Reviews & Impressions
Dec 19, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #1,561 of 2,078
Connecting the H95 vie usb-c cable to my Samsung M51 produced no sound, it was the phone which was playing althought the H95 was turned on. What did I do wrong?
It looks as if your M51 does not recognise the H95 as external audio device. You should normally be able to get it recognised, potentially via the USB options in the settings. It works out of the box on my Note 20 at least. If it still doesn't work, perhaps you could activate Developer Options and see if external audio devices are allowed. There is a switch for it in Developer Options.

Alternatively I would recommend to purchase USB Audio Player Pro from the Play Store. That's a fantastic music player that can completely bypass the internal android audio layer anyway, and maximises itself to the capabilities of the external audio device. UAPP does a great job at driving the H95 over USB. Plus it supports Tidal and Qobuz hi-res

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #1,562 of 2,078
Last edited:
Dec 19, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #1,563 of 2,078
What does your current top 5 look like? And specifically in which order? I also seem to miss one of those 5 in your post :)
Well, now when I describe sound quality, I break it down into 2 categories, Sound Quality and Musical enjoyment. Sound quality is the one which sounds the most accurate and natural to my ears. Musical enjoyment is the one I enjoy listening to the most or offers the most fun. It's the one I find myself wanting to get up and dance or tap my foot to. So with that in mind, here's where I'm at today.

Sound Quality:
1) Shure Aonic 50 (These also EQ very well. Better than the rest in the class. Very natural sound with ANC on normal. Bass light with ANC off)
2) Dali iO6 (These are seal dependent. Fortunately, I get a really good seal with these. Excellent accuracy and tuning with a good seal)
3) B&O H95 (Not the most natural when it comes to the highs, but very well tuned and very good accuracy. Love listening to these in my recliner)
4) NAD Viso HP70 (Harman type tuning but with elevated mid and high bass and rolled off highs)
5) Apple AirPods Max (Slightly Warm and forgiving. Very good tuning. Definitely a digital sounding headphone. Still sounds amazing though)
6) Momentum 3 (Too bassy to be accurate, but very well tuned and natural.)
7) B&W PX7 (Very dark but also very atmospheric. Tuning is a matter of taste. Not accurate but unique sound to all the others)

Musical Enjoyment
1) Momentum 3 (No longer own. Got a sale on the Shure Aonic 50 for Black Friday which replaced these)
2) B&W PX7 (These can sound off in the highs with certain music, but with what I listen to, 85% of my library sound amazing on these.)
3) NAD Viso HP70 (No longer own these. Nice speaker like sound)
4a) AirPods Max (Flip a coin between these and the H95. The sub bass on these brings the fun, along with a very forgiving signature that you can turn up with no fatigue)
4b) B&O H95 (Maybe it's me, but the bass on these have gotten bigger to my ears with time. I'm finding when I crank them up, they've become a little more fun than what they use to be. Bass is punchier than the AirPods Max. I prefer the Mids and the High and Mid Bass on these. I prefer the Treble and Sub Bass on the AirPods Max)
6) Dali IO6 (Not enough volume for me to consider fun)
7) Shure Aonic 50 (The thing with these is, as I stated above, they EQ really well. I can EQ them to sound almost identical to the Momentum 3. And now, with the latest firmware, the EQ stays in the headphones, you no longer have to be in the app. These are ranked last because to me, it's only fair to compare stock tuning, however, when EQ'd, they're tied with the Momentum)

and just for kicks and giggles,

Movie Enjoyment
1) AirPods Max (Spatial Audio on AppleTV is undefeated!!!)
2) B&W PX7
3) NAD Viso HP70
4) Momentum 3
5) B&O H95
6) Shure Aonic 50 (Tied with the Momentum when EQ'd)
7) Dali IO6

My Top 5 Overall:
1) AirPods Max
2) B&O H95
3) B&W PX7
4) Shure Aonic 50
5) Sony 1000XM4

Dec 22, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #1,565 of 2,078
Anyone has this issue with their H95 where the left earcup makes intermittent whooshing wind type noises? It is like a flag waving noise or wind blowing sound only heard on the left side regardless of listening to music or just having the headphones on with ANC ON, Transparency ON.

Tried factory reset, tried disconnecting all Bluetooth sources and it still makes this sound in the left side. Wondering if this is ANC noise floor or if I just have a bad unit.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #1,566 of 2,078
Heh guys,

Been down The rabbit hole for a while now and feel content with my wired solution but exploring overear bt. I have the aonic 50 and while they are good, I wonder how much better these may be. I'm also a vegan and I know these have lambskin. Is it only the earpads and if so, can they be replaced? If not, any other recs. Currently using ier z1r with fiio utws5 on the go.

Thanks

Dec 23, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #1,567 of 2,078
Anyone has this issue with their H95 where the left earcup makes intermittent whooshing wind type noises? It is like a flag waving noise or wind blowing sound only heard on the left side regardless of listening to music or just having the headphones on with ANC ON, Transparency ON.

Tried factory reset, tried disconnecting all Bluetooth sources and it still makes this sound in the left side. Wondering if this is ANC noise floor or if I just have a bad unit.
Did you adjust the ANC with left wheel from earpad. There is volume on right wheel and ANC on left wheel.. and tapping and swipe features on right earpad..

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #1,568 of 2,078
Heh guys,

Been down The rabbit hole for a while now and feel content with my wired solution but exploring overear bt. I have the aonic 50 and while they are good, I wonder how much better these may be. I'm also a vegan and I know these have lambskin. Is it only the earpads and if so, can they be replaced? If not, any other recs. Currently using ier z1r with fiio utws5 on the go.

Thanks
Nothing against vegan food, which I prefer as well, but is it better to have some use for old dying lamp skin than take it to the junkyard..

Dec 23, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #1,570 of 2,078
Nothing against vegan food, which I prefer as well, but is it better to have some use for old dying lamp skin than take it to the junkyard..
You do you. Leather, suede etc are byproducts of slaughter. I'm opting out.

Dec 24, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #1,571 of 2,078
You do you. Leather, suede etc are byproducts of slaughter. I'm opting out.
Yes true, but your great grandfather used to slaughter an animal from day one to feed themselves and have a jacket from leather - that's why you and me are here.

Now, world is that over populated that to feed all of us it requires a massive meat production, which of course has an ethical issues.

Hopefully we will find other plant based ways in future, but at the moment the amount of energy from plants is not enough to feed all of us who are equal.

Too many people, my friend. We are very fortune to have H95's in the first place. I usually give my unnecessary equipments to people who can't afford them, for free.

Dec 24, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #1,572 of 2,078
How do these headphones sound with hip-hop musicdo
Hip Hop and RnB sounded average at best out of box. However, it’s getting better w/ time, I think. I listen mostly to electronica via Spotify and the tune was good to excellent there, right out of the box. My H95’s are still brand spankin’ new, so they’re getting better and better as time goes by. Either that or my ears are adjusting. I really like them. I’ve got until the end of Jan to decide.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #1,573 of 2,078
Yes true, but your great grandfather used to slaughter an animal from day one to feed themselves and have a jacket from leather - that's why you and me are here.

Now, world is that over populated that to feed all of us it requires a massive meat production, which of course has an ethical issues.

Hopefully we will find other plant based ways in future, but at the moment the amount of energy from plants is not enough to feed all of us who are equal.

Too many people, my friend. We are very fortune to have H95's in the first place. I usually give my unnecessary equipments to people who can't afford them, for free.
Well, thats not actually accurate, but this is all beside the point of the headphones. I ordered them and will look for some earpad alternatives.

Dec 24, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #1,574 of 2,078
Heh guys,

Thanks

If is important for you not using leather products, isn't only the earpads that are made of leather in the h95 but the top part of the headband too, and this part of the headphone you can't replacing with other material because isn't detachable.

Dec 24, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #1,575 of 2,078
If is important for you not using leather products, isn't only the earpads that are made of leather in the h95 but the top part of the headband too, and this part of the headphone you can't replacing with other material because isn't detachable.
I see. Thank you for letting me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back