[NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7)
Sep 8, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #676 of 822
Got my ebay pair today...

Looks and sounds good so far, based on my experience having a CKR9 loaner for a week.

Sep 9, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #677 of 822
Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)]  [/color]
  Got my ebay pair today...

Looks and sounds good so far, based on my experience having a CKR9 loaner for a week.

Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] My congratulations.) the type of look cool and highly significant differences in the sound with a simple 9 ?[/color]

Sep 9, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #678 of 822
Not significant but I like the highs and mids a bit more. Seems a bit brighter. Stage is more even as far as width and height. Should give them more time getting used to them and tip rolling till I settle in with them. They do fit a bit different since they changed the angle of the nozzles.  Not as tall sounding as the regular 9's to me and a not as bass focused with the mids and treble right up front and center. Not sure if I like them better but they are better balanced. I would like with and burn-in or the right tips is the notes to become a bit tighter. I like that about the FXT200 over the 9 LTD at this point.

Sep 10, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #679 of 822

Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)]  [/color]
Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] My congratulations.)the type of look cool and highly significant differences in the sound with a simple 9 ?[/color]

Did you see this one?

http://www.head-fi.org/products/audio-technica-ath-ckr9-ltd/reviews/13897

Might be helpful :wink:

Oct 8, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #681 of 822
This was just announced along with several other "dual magnetic" Solid Bass CKS IEMs (releasing in Japan October 23) and a few closed-back high res headphones being released November 13.

Could they be a basshead version of the CKR series? Also interesting to see the Sony Hybrid-like eartips. and Grrrrr removable cables, why didn't they have those for the CKR series?

https://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php?modelId=2768

Oct 8, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #682 of 822
  This was just announced along with several other "dual magnetic" Solid Bass CKS IEMs (releasing in Japan October 23) and a few closed-back high res headphones being released November 13.

Could they be a basshead version of the CKR series? Also interesting to see the Sony Hybrid-like eartips. and Grrrrr removable cables, why didn't they have those for the CKR series?

https://www.audio-technica.co.jp/atj/show_model.php?modelId=2768

Could be, but the CKR10 already has too much bass for me at times, lol. And I'm sure AT will release some kind of CKR9/10X with detachable cables. That's still the sole gripe I have with the CKR series.

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #683 of 822
Hey it's OP back after like what.... almost 2 years?
Anyway, I finally got my hands on a pair of CKR9LTD and I will post a review sometime this week.
But in response to the CKS-1100 comment

Could they be a basshead version of the CKR series?

I feel that the ckr9ltd already has enough bass to satisfy bassheads, I wonder how different the CKS will sound.

Oct 21, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #684 of 822
I just bought my pair of CKR9s this week and have about 30+ hours of burn in. I love them! Ive been using some GR07 BEs and AKG K550s paired with an Oppo HA-2 for the last couple of months and these ATs have me obsessed! I think they sound better than the AKGs and those are full size headphones. These were an emergency purchase cause I lost my Vsonics at the gym and I read that these CKR9s are like the Vsonics but just better in every way. Only drawback for me is that they're kinda on the uncomfortable side. They're big so after a while I can feel them bothering my ears. Anyway, The amount of detail I can hear is crazy for the 150 that I paid. Its completely true about the soundstage and 3D sound they have, more so when i have them paired with the HA-2. It sounds wide and clear and sometimes I think there are speakers above me cause the direction of sound is so distinct. I'm actually going to buy a pair of HE-400i to replace the AKGs so I cant wait to hear what those cans can do if these ATs have me gushing. New member here, I had to make an account cause I don't know anyone who's into the audiophile world. lol

Oct 21, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #685 of 822
  I just bought my pair of CKR9s this week and have about 30+ hours of burn in. I love them! Ive been using some GR07 BEs and AKG K550s paired with an Oppo HA-2 for the last couple of months and these ATs have me obsessed! I think they sound better than the AKGs and those are full size headphones. These were an emergency purchase cause I lost my Vsonics at the gym and I read that these CKR9s are like the Vsonics but just better in every way. Only drawback for me is that they're kinda on the uncomfortable side. They're big so after a while I can feel them bothering my ears. Anyway, The amount of detail I can hear is crazy for the 150 that I paid. Its completely true about the soundstage and 3D sound they have, more so when i have them paired with the HA-2. It sounds wide and clear and sometimes I think there are speakers above me cause the direction of sound is so distinct. I'm actually going to buy a pair of HE-400i to replace the AKGs so I cant wait to hear what those cans can do if these ATs have me gushing. New member here, I had to make an account cause I don't know anyone who's into the audiophile world. lol

If the CKR9's housing bothers you like it did for me, I noticed that using a larger tip helps as it allows a more shallow fit. 
This allows the nozzle to stay in the ear but keeps the large housing from touching the ear. 
I didn't notice any sound difference when I changed the tips

Oct 24, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #686 of 822
Hey CKR9LTD owners, do you also think that the mid-bass is a bit too much on yours? I've been burning mine for about 60-70 hours and I find the mid-bass a bit aggressive on these.

Will burn in help it? I hope it does.

Oct 24, 2015 at 4:18 AM Post #687 of 822
Hey CKR9LTD owners, do you also think that the mid-bass is a bit too much on yours? I've been burning mine for about 60-70 hours and I find the mid-bass a bit aggressive on these.

I don't find it to much and as you know I'm pretty sensitive to it (at least some frequencies). I do find the CKR10's having too much on some recordings but not the Ltd's.

I'm not a big believer in burn-in so I typically just use my stuff. I do find the Ltd's much better now than when I first listened to them though......

Oct 24, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #688 of 822

They have more bass on average but not too much to me. Any chance you picked up a non legitimate CKR9LTD ?

Oct 24, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #689 of 822

Had the same feeling at first, but with time (20-30 hours i guess) they settlet down a bit and also opened up, but most importantly, I use larger inner diameter tips, they lower the bass while making soundstage wider, and treble more lively - so basically more balanced overall. If I go back to stock tips, which has a smaller inner diameter, I find that mid-bass is a bit overpowered, while treble is quiter and softer. Really makes a difference, a like it (larger inner ones) much better! You can try softer and harder ones too (in material), they also change the sound.

Oct 25, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #690 of 822
Wow you should try CKR9LTD with 75 ohm adapter.
eek.gif
  You will be amazed on it flatens the sound and takes all the sharpeness on treble area. It almost sounds like a full size headphone. I love what I'm hearing now. However I had to turn the volume all the way up on my AP100  to drive them. Most definitely recommended! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back