[NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7)
Dec 22, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #706 of 822
Interesting.  LZ-A2 bass quality is far better to me, although Ali CKR9 has more bass quantity.  Ozkan has the Ali version I believe.

Interesting indeed since the opposite is true to me when it comes to quantity/quality :wink:

Dec 22, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #707 of 822
Haha, I guess that's why you gave them 4 stars while Bhazard and Hisoundfi gave them 5 stars.  Different ears and different preferences.

Dec 22, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #708 of 822
Haha, I guess that's why you gave them 4 stars while Bhazard and Hisoundfi gave them 5 stars.  Different ears and different preferences.

Lol! Yes that might very well be the explanation :wink:

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #709 of 822
Agree with @ozkan

With over a month's usage (at least an hour or two, daily), my Ali CKR9LTD's bass sounds more coherent (more in the side of quality than quantity) than I remember it was OOTB. To my ears (from my collection), these have gotta be one of the best in terms of natural vocal reproduction with slight tinge of forward presentation.

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #710 of 822
  Agree with @ozkan

With over a month's usage (at least an hour or two, daily), my Ali CKR9LTD's bass sounds more coherent (more in the side of quality than quantity) than I remember it was OOTB. To my ears (from my collection), these have gotta be one of the best in terms of natural vocal reproduction with slight tinge of forward presentation.

Based on your and ozkan impressions, I wonder if my Ali CKR9LTD and CKR9 are the same as yours.  I told Mikaveli06 about it and he was interested so I sold it to him.  Will be interesting to see what he thinks.  I still have the Ali CKR9

Monk was better than both of my Alis,..bigger soundstage, airy, beautiful vocals.  The only knock I have is the bass slam and bass quantity.  KC06, LZ-A2, and Ali CKRs have more bass slam and quantity than Monk.

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #711 of 822
  Based on your and ozkan impressions, I wonder if my Ali CKR9LTD and CKR9 are the same as yours.  I told Mikaveli06 about it and he was interested so I sold it to him.  Will be interesting to see what he thinks.  I still have the Ali CKR9

Monk was better than both of my Alis,..bigger soundstage, airy, beautiful vocals.  The only knock I have is the bass slam and bass quantity.  KC06, LZ-A2, and Ali CKRs have more bass slam and quantity than Monk.

Does  @mikaveli06 have the original CKR9LTD? If so it will be interesting to see his comparison. 

Hmm interesting. My Monk does have smaller soundstage than CKR9. Is my Monk fake lol? 
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #713 of 822
No, I had the eBay listings for $119 that a few ppl bought b4 AE ones started Poppin up. They sounded very very legit to me. Even looked and felt premium

Great! Looking forward to your comparison then.

Dec 23, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #714 of 822
I am not sure it is right to compare Earbud's sound proficiencies against an IEM or vice versa. 

I do have Monk and found them very nice earbuds for a such low price but Ali CKR9LTD is on another level (at least for my ears/source gear) when it comes to overall clarity, instrument separation, and most importantly soundstage width/depth.

In terms of airiness, (from my collection) ultra cheap Philips SHE1360/97 is way ahead of all others (not even Monk gives such airy sounding experience as these 2 US$ earbuds for me).

#YMMV

Dec 24, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #715 of 822
i just got my ali's from the same seller that ozkan and lalala6 got theirs from, and I have to say, even without burn-in it already blows everything i have out of the water (to be fair i have only ever had some lower end audio techs and klipschs). I am extremely satisfied with my purchase despite the veracity of its origin, considering the price i paid for them, lol. Like when i first got my Im50 and went through my playlist hearing things I've never heard before, I am currently doing the same with this ckr9ltd. Can't wait until it reaches optimum after burn-in.

tl;dr my ali ckr9ltd is already a good step up from my legit im50 even without burn-in

Dec 24, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #716 of 822

Does  @mikaveli06
 have the original CKR9LTD? If so it will be interesting to see his comparison. 

Hmm interesting. My Monk does have smaller soundstage than CKR9. Is my Monk fake lol? :D

No, I had the eBay listings for $119 that a few ppl bought b4 AE ones started Poppin up. They sounded very very legit to me. Even looked and felt premium

Great! Looking forward to your comparison then.
OK, look and sound is identical. The case on AE pair does look and feel cheaper tho. The eBay pair I had was DMI Accessories was $119, but now are $189. The eBay pair came with full packaging however the barcode scanned as ckr10, and my pair was numbered in 1300s.

I gotta say, for me, these are best I've heard, only competition for me was asg2.5 and rockets. I listen to mainly old school rap and r&b, with a little aerosmith, 5finger dp, staind, godsmack....basically 98% of listening is done in the gym (weight training not cardio). And these tick all my boxes, bass quality AND quantity with both sub and mid bass, forward mids (I like to call them emotional mids), good soundstages separations imaging, and finally detail retrieval. Those are most important to me, and these just do it for me.

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #717 of 822
OK, look and sound is identical. The case on AE pair does look and feel cheaper tho. The eBay pair I had was DMI Accessories was $119, but now are $189. The eBay pair came with full packaging  however the barcode scanned as ckr10, and my pair was numbered in 1300s.

I gotta say, for me, these are best I've heard, only competition for me was asg2.5 and rockets. I listen to mainly old school rap and r&b, with a little aerosmith, 5finger dp, staind, godsmack....basically 98% of listening is done in the gym (weight training not cardio). And these tick all my boxes, bass quality AND quantity with both sub and mid bass, forward mids (I like to call them emotional mids), good soundstages separations imaging, and finally detail retrieval. Those are most important to me, and these just do it for me.

Good to hear that they sound identical :) Can you share a picture of the nozzle and jack for Ebay and Ali versions side by side? 

Dec 25, 2015 at 12:59 AM Post #718 of 822
I no longer have the eBay pair (had to sell to fund car parts). That's why I bought the AE pair from Grayson. I have seen some from AE that did look a little different (bigger gold rings etc), but this pair and my eBay pair are same, and same fit. This pair does have a little driver flex I don't recall from my eBay repair, however I never used stock tips until now, so that may be the cause. I'm very happy with these, but I was happy paying $119. For my preferences, these are excellent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back