[NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7)
Aug 27, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #661 of 822
To me they're both great and different enough to be worth having both, just saying
wink.gif

You're not making it any easier on my wallet, since I wanted to steer clear from the ckr9ltds...

Hey, peter. Have you given any thought to picking up the MSR7 sometime? You like the CKR series so much it's the logical next step to hear their awesome full-sized brother. 
wink.gif

^ this

It's a more balanced headphone than the ckr9s, but you do miss out on the subbass love that the ckrs brought you. If you can handle it (that and the slightly brighter upper midrange), please don't hesitate unless you're thinking of another headphone.

As for me, the r70x is something that beats past audio technica headphones. As someone said "Flat is justice!"

Aug 27, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #663 of 822
  I can't wait to get my hands on these someday too. AT has absolutely been killing it with their last few offerings. 

You may be able to, I get the feeling that later on, aprice reduction may occur in a short time.

Please get it when you can. As for me, I most likely will sell headphones to compensate the cost of this headphone.

Though, if you prefer ultra clarity detail (like the ath-msr7 and ckr), you may be disappointed. It's pretty warm while being detailed, easy for my ears as the past audio technicas had upper mid bite that I loathed (at least loath now), but not the r70x.

Aug 27, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #665 of 822
  Though, if you prefer ultra clarity detail (like the ath-msr7 and ckr), you may be disappointed. It's pretty warm while being detailed, easy for my ears as the past audio technicas had upper mid bite that I loathed (at least loath now), but not the r70x.

I'm pretty adaptable to different sounds, so I'm sure I can appreciate it for what it is. I do like my forward upper mids though. Like the CKR9 having the best bass of an IEM I've ever heard, the MSR7 has the best treble and high mids. They're bright, but so detailed and crystal clear. I've never heard such detail in acoustic instruments and cymbals before. It feels like sitting in studio. 

Aug 27, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #666 of 822
Hey, peter. Have you given any thought to picking up the MSR7 sometime? You like the CKR series so much it's the logical next step to hear their awesome full-sized brother. :wink:

Lol, only every day :wink:

Tbh if it wasn't for the weak Norwegian currency I'd have got them already....

I'm quite happy with the X2's while I wait :wink:

You're not making it any easier on my wallet, since I wanted to steer clear from the ckr9ltds...

^ this

It's a more balanced headphone than the ckr9s, but you do miss out on the subbass love that the ckrs brought you. If you can handle it (that and the slightly brighter upper midrange), please don't hesitate unless you're thinking of another headphone.

As for me, the r70x is something that beats past audio technica headphones. As someone said "Flat is justice!"

Lol, see above. Definitely on my radar :wink:

Aug 27, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #667 of 822
How much do I need to burn my CKR9s to sound their best? 

Btw I've found they sound best when worn over the ear. I also liked the treble since the extension is almost on par or better than MK5 and only a hair behind RE0s. Really loving the sound so far!
I wanna thank everyone who recommended them. Special thanks to @ZapX629 
beerchug.gif

Edit: I paired them with JVC spiral dots tips which I think are perfect match for CKR9. Now I can say hell yeah! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #671 of 822
  Ozkan, how do you feel about the sound signature of the CKR9 coming from the IM50/70?

Ooh, and have you tried pairing them with the Philips she3590 tips?

CKR9 is more balanced than IM50/70 with the same mid forward sound signature. Compared to IM50/70 the bass goes way lower to sub-bass region and with a perfect amount of detail and speed. CKR9 has less mid-bass so mids are more refined than both IM50/70. The treble is more forward as well but way better than both IM50/70 in quality/quantity and detail wise.

Coming from Etymotic mK5 and RE0, I don't find anything missing in the treble region.They are on par or better than MK5 and only a bit behind RE0 which I think says alot about these gems.
wink.gif

3590 tips are also very good but I liked JVC spiral tips pairing more.  

Sep 1, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #672 of 822
Sep 8, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #674 of 822
  Hello please please help me guys)
i want buy headphones and my selection was for 2 models>who is better?thanks!!!
1.CKR10
2.CKR9LTD
sorry my english is very bad/(

It depends what kind of sound you are looking for. Sometimes one man's meat is another man's poison. 
biggrin.gif

CKR10 have more sub bass IIRC, and sound more warm overall. The mid is very forward, the vocal too. I would say is a warmish IEM but without deteriorate the detail.
If you listen to vocal tracks a lot. This is for you. 
STILL, It is best you try out before buying it.

CKR9LTD I'm not sure. But I heard is a mix type of sound from 9 and 10. The nozzle is angle at a much ergonomic position.

CKR9 have less bass than the ckr10 but then Not by a lot. Just tat abit. But it is also brighter than CKR10. Vocal is not as forward on this compare to 10. But a lot Head fier prefer the 9 due to the balance sound. 

It is all based on my memory so take my comment as a grain of salt. (Or any member would like to correct me if i inform anything wrong) 
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back