New Audio Technica ATH-M50x with Removable Cable
Nov 26, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #841 of 958
  New Member here, so hello all. I have the Black M50x and just ordered the Creative Sound Blaster E5. Will receive it tomorrow after reading many reviews and trying to figure out which DAC/AMP to buy. Anyone have this and used it with the M50X, curious to hear thoughts on how they match. I love my headphones and have just been listening through my IPhone 6. I really like the fact the E5 has the SBX software I can download on my phone and PC so I can adjust EQ settings depending on what I am listening to. 

Thanks

Congrats on the new cans. I really enjoy the M50X from my iPhone 6. IMO, it powers them just fine. At times I can be a bit of a basshead (depends on my mood) and the iP6 + bass heavy tracks to the M50X is a lot of fun.
L3000.gif

Nov 29, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #842 of 958
I'm interested in those hybrid Brainwavz pads for my new M50x, for more comfort and also I want the pads to dampen a bit the high frequencies, because I find them too bright and metallic, I want a warmer sound.

So which pads work best for diminishing the highs, pleather, velour or hybrid?

Thank you

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #843 of 958
I'm interested in those hybrid Brainwavz pads for my new M50x, for more comfort and also I want the pads to dampen a bit the high frequencies, because I find them too bright and metallic, I want a warmer sound.

So which pads work best for diminishing the highs, pleather, velour or hybrid?

Thank you

I have both brainwavz extra thick & velour pads, i tried on my m50s, velour sucked the details so much, also has a bad isolation. Extra thick pads tamed the bass but high mid extension are still very good, also add extra comfort. Never tried the hybrid one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nov 30, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #844 of 958
I have both brainwavz extra thick & velour pads, i tried on my m50s, velour sucked the details so much, also has a bad isolation. Extra thick pads tamed the bass but high mid extension are still very good, also add extra comfort. Never tried the hybrid one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sounds like the velour will be good for what I want. I don't find the highs / details harsh, only too loud. Currently I'm using EQ with -5 db but I think the velour will help to flatten a bit the sound both in bass and treble.

Another question:
Will the highs calm down with burn-in? How may hours?

Dec 16, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #846 of 958
I got my m50x I am kinda getting mixed feelings about these

Jan 6, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #847 of 958
I've had these for a couple of weeks. In the past I've owned quite a few high end phones. I'm actually really impressed how good these are. Originally fed with a Fiio X5 2nd Gen, I could certainly hear the difference between FLAC high res and ALAC. It made me suspect that these could scale, not necessarily with a more powerful clearer amp, but better DAPs with better implementation. These was born out with a AK JR.. And yes, a definite upgrade with which I could hear in all the typical predictable audio jargon ...

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #848 of 958
Jan 23, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #850 of 958
if only it was REAL metal..

Jan 23, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #852 of 958

that would be really heavy if all the plastic was replaced by metal.

it would take chunky to another level.

true but i mean coat it with metal or something... and metal hinges would probably be better as the creaking plastic hinge is driving me nuts (even the MSR7 has it). With metal hinges you might be able to stop any creaking by using oil but not as much with plastic.

Jan 23, 2016 at 7:02 AM Post #853 of 958
Buy this version is here to stay or is it a limited edition like the blue ones? It looks cool but if the price is 40 euros more than the black version (wich can be had in europe for 120\130 euros right now) i dont think its worthy.... The stealth looks are great and probably it wont show scratches has much has glossy black plastic but i wouldnt pay 40 or 50 euros more for juwt the colour...

Now if the price reaches the 130 of the black one anytime soon... Maybe... But i would have to sell my black ones first and.... Meh.... Dont feel like bothering... :D

Is it me or yhe audio technica logo on the headband is engraved and not printed as on the black ones?

Cheers

Jan 23, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #855 of 958
Buy this version is here to stay or is it a limited edition like the blue ones? It looks cool but if the price is 40 euros more than the black version (wich can be had in europe for 120\130 euros right now) i dont think its worthy.... The stealth looks are great and probably it wont show scratches has much has glossy black plastic but i wouldnt pay 40 or 50 euros more for juwt the colour...

Now if the price reaches the 130 of the black one anytime soon... Maybe... But i would have to sell my black ones first and.... Meh.... Dont feel like bothering...
biggrin.gif

Is it me or yhe audio technica logo on the headband is engraved and not printed as on the black ones?

Cheers

Yeah it's always engraved on the limited edition only (Blue, Dark Green and Metal).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back