New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Dec 19, 2022 at 1:15 AM Post #9,601 of 11,301
Its pretty surprising. My TT2 needs atleast 1hour warmup(over 300hours burnin total). My AGD(15-20hours) sounds ready compared to TT2, the minute its on.

OCK1 looks really nice but I wish it had 2 square instead of two sine.
What are you gonna use it for? Does your DAC have clock-in?

I'm thinking about grabbing the OCK-1 just to run the DI-20 in my headstation. I don't have anything else in that setup that has 10 MHz clock support.

Dec 19, 2022 at 5:23 AM Post #9,602 of 11,301
What are you gonna use it for? Does your DAC have clock-in?

I'm thinking about grabbing the OCK-1 just to run the DI-20 in my headstation. I don't have anything else in that setup that has 10 MHz clock support.
I mean I just heard that square is the best😂

My dac and ddc has 10Mhz/75Ohm input. The TT2 does not have that, Chord does not believe in that stuff

Dec 19, 2022 at 5:24 AM Post #9,603 of 11,301
I mean I just heard that square is the best😂

My dac and ddc has 10Mhz/75Ohm input. The TT2 does not have that, Chord does not believe in that stuff
Yeah, unfortunately you should probably run both off the sine wave then. I'm sure somebody will correct me, but it feels like a bad idea to run the same gear stack off a master clock with two different waveforms :p

Or, spend the money for the OCK-2 which has 3 of each.

Dec 19, 2022 at 7:07 AM Post #9,604 of 11,301
Ok, then it is worth a try.
So the SPDIF/ACSS will not damage a standard spdif/bnc port right?

Viceversa I actually value the DI20HE more now because its crucial part of the system

Dec 19, 2022 at 8:04 AM Post #9,605 of 11,301
Did not work, just tried it.

Dec 19, 2022 at 9:35 AM Post #9,606 of 11,301
So the SPDIF/ACSS will not damage a standard spdif/bnc port right?

No, it's fine.

Did not work, just tried it.

Oops, maybe I was wrong. I'm sure Chord has affordable warranty service.

I just checked: Plugged Audio-gd ACSS interface into TT2, 850 GBP + parts and shipping, we can get the unit back to you five years from now.

:p

I'm surprised to hear this doesn't work. Typical Microsoft questions: is the unit plugged in, is music playing, did you select the correct BNC input etc.

Dec 19, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #9,607 of 11,301
No, it's fine.

Oops, maybe I was wrong. I'm sure Chord has affordable warranty service.

I just checked: Plugged Audio-gd ACSS interface into TT2, 850 GBP + parts and shipping, we can get the unit back to you five years from now.

:p

I'm surprised to hear this doesn't work. Typical Microsoft questions: is the unit plugged in, is music playing, did you select the correct BNC input etc.
😂 yeah I tried both BNC inputs

Do I need to change setting on di20he?

1. Connected the BNC to DI20HE/OUT and BNC1 in on TT2

2. TT not responding on any samplerate, but the DI20HE do.

Dec 19, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #9,608 of 11,301

No, all DI-20HE outputs are active when there is any input.

Dec 19, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #9,609 of 11,301

It wont work with spdif with is transformer coupled.

Dec 19, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #9,610 of 11,301
It wont work with spdif with is transformer coupled.
Yeah thanks I actually read something about that. Thanks😊🙌

Im like 70% selling the TT2. No doubt the R8HE mk2 is a serious level above TT2. There are some differences I like, but I will have to decide next month

Dec 20, 2022 at 12:00 AM Post #9,611 of 11,301
Hi Audio Gd owners.
Very new to this thread i have read some 20plus pages of the thread. Seems audio GD has a very strong following which is fantastic. Browsing the audio GD website..TBH very impressed with the specs. I have only owned mostly delta sigma dacs but out of chance a musician monoceros came to my ownership at an attractive price. However i don't think it synergise well with my current dS dacs from topping or my schiit bifrost 2. So i started looking for R2R. Even though the musician aquarius seems like a no brainer, i though i'd take a chance on asking experienced audio gd owners what the best R2R dac from AGD is. So many models on their site, as i am looking for excellent refined detail but great bass slam. Any suggestions? On which r2r model? I also have no clue what the difference is between the regular r2r and regenerative models.

Thanks in advance

Dec 20, 2022 at 12:19 AM Post #9,612 of 11,301
Hi Audio Gd owners.
Very new to this thread i have read some 20plus pages of the thread. Seems audio GD has a very strong following which is fantastic. Browsing the audio GD website..TBH very impressed with the specs. I have only owned mostly delta sigma dacs but out of chance a musician monoceros came to my ownership at an attractive price. However i don't think it synergise well with my current dS dacs from topping or my schiit bifrost 2. So i started looking for R2R. Even though the musician aquarius seems like a no brainer, i though i'd take a chance on asking experienced audio gd owners what the best R2R dac from AGD is. So many models on their site, as i am looking for excellent refined detail but great bass slam. Any suggestions? On which r2r model? I also have no clue what the difference is between the regular r2r and regenerative models.

Thanks in advance
The r7mk2 or he-7mk2 are probably the flagships in terms of dacs, although I'm not familiar with either since they're out of my price range.

Dec 20, 2022 at 1:52 AM Post #9,613 of 11,301
The r7mk2 or he-7mk2 are probably the flagships in terms of dacs, although I'm not familiar with either since they're out of my price range.
Seems the difference betweeen the 2 is regenerative powr supply. Which model do ou own? Whats the advantages of that type of power supply in terms of SQ? Anyone with experience please feel free to give insight. Even comparisons with other R2R or D/S dacs is welcome knowledge for me.

Dec 20, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #9,614 of 11,301
Seems the difference betweeen the 2 is regenerative powr supply. Which model do ou own? Whats the advantages of that type of power supply in terms of SQ? Anyone with experience please feel free to give insight. Even comparisons with other R2R or D/S dacs is welcome knowledge for me.
I can give it a shot. First. You will get a lot of high performance for the money from Audio-gd. Personally, I own and have owned many different gears from Kingwa's Audio-gd since 2009/2010. I have replaced circuit boards and updated firmware many times. When Kingwa introduced the external clock input it was a clear step up in performance and when he introduced the regen power supply, the gears went up another level. You have to look at $$$ gears to have competitive gears to compare to.

I think You should go with the regen PSU's if You can afford them. R2R-dacs has been "taking over" from the DS. Kingwa's own R2R ladders are neutral sounding and can handle both PCM and DSD with brilliance. The HE7 Mk2 is based on the old TI PCM1704UK chip. It is soft and gentle sounding and very musical but cannot handle DSD material.

There are other brands out there offering good dac's but the Regen PSU dacs from Kingwa/Audio-gd are pure high end.
/Jan

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back