New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Dec 17, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #9,586 of 11,357
Fully understand and enjoy!... Killer setup! We love birthing stories around here.

Do you have an 10M clock? Something else to explore after break in. Let it all settle in first.
Not yet. But Im gonna wait to see what Kingwa has on future plan. Maybe he will make one?

I turned audio-gd fanboy today!

If I dont hear any rumours about it I want one that does square to both the dac and ddc.

I have not realised yet how it works yet…

If I want square master clock it should out 2 square one to dac/bnc/10mhz input and one to ddc/bnc/10mhz input?

I think ock2 is the only one from stock without any customization.

Dec 17, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #9,587 of 11,357
All of you thanks for help. Im speechless of the layers in the lowend.

No delta has given me this vibe. Susvara punches through my walls in the room.

Dec 17, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #9,588 of 11,357
Just curious about the DSD section of the R8.

On the product page it states "Four sets of fully discrete and independent DSD hardware decoders."

I'm going to assume that these also need some burn in time to stabilize.

I have about 500 hours on r8 through coax but only about 100 on the i2s using DSD. Noticed some mild fluctuations and a necessity to increase volume by 1 on my master19, which is unusual because I haven't changed the volume on it unless I change headphones.

Dec 17, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #9,589 of 11,357
But 10Mhz is an input

And on the dac I also have an input(IN2)
This is for ACSS. Optional, but if you have a 75 ohm BNC cable, it's a nice interface option to compare to IIS.

Dec 18, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #9,590 of 11,357
This is for ACSS. Optional, but if you have a 75 ohm BNC cable, it's a nice interface option to compare to IIS.
I can actually use the acss as spdif/coax right?

Reason for asking is I want to connect my TT2 to di20he

Dec 18, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #9,591 of 11,357
I can actually use the acss as spdif/coax right?

Reason for asking is I want to connect my TT2 to di20he

It does not work with every possible S/PDIF receiver. There is an S/PDIF coaxial output on the DI-20/HE, just use that.

Unlikely that the TT2 has a BNC S/PDIF input, does it?

Dec 18, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #9,592 of 11,357
It does not work with every possible S/PDIF receiver. There is an S/PDIF coaxial output on the DI-20/HE, just use that.

Unlikely that the TT2 has a BNC S/PDIF input, does it?
yes TT2 has two BNC input next to the two optical

Dec 18, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #9,593 of 11,357
Just ordered the DI-20HE to play with the R-27 2021; we´ll see (hear) what that unit brings to the table. I sold my Denafrips Iris so A-B testing is not possible. At least the units have similar "distinctive" look in my setup :grin: I hope that the silver cable ( AVplay HD-300) arrives soon, I must admit that I was heavilly influenced by head-fi threads to get that one:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

EDIT: Just noticed my avatar again; at least once a year it is somehow current. Other times it seems that I´m not the first guy to ask for advice :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #9,594 of 11,357
Just curious about the DSD section of the R8.

On the product page it states "Four sets of fully discrete and independent DSD hardware decoders."

I'm going to assume that these also need some burn in time to stabilize.

I have about 500 hours on r8 through coax but only about 100 on the i2s using DSD. Noticed some mild fluctuations and a necessity to increase volume by 1 on my master19, which is unusual because I haven't changed the volume on it unless I change headphones.
On the DA7 V2 DAC boards (R7 R8 R27) the DSD circuits are outlined by the small rectangle. below The larget rectangle shows the R2R ladders.

Like anything thorough run-in is usually is recommended. Kingwa states just leaving power on 24/7 accelerates the burn-in cycle.. I was too cheap to do that on the R7HE and took months to sound its best. YMMV.

Attachments

• DSD_Decoder.jpg
    DSD_Decoder.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 18, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #9,595 of 11,357
It seems that the R-27 2021 has also the DA-7 V2 boards so DSD audio is needed to burn them in...

EDIT: I just took a tour on my iFi Zen Stream settings and it seems that there is a DSD Playback Mode that has 2 options, DSD Direct and DSD uses PCM (DoP). If I choose the DSD Direct and save the setting it still uses DSD uses PCM (DoP) setting. Well, I have only one DSD album so...:rolling_eyes: I´m lucky in that sense that the only DSD album is not Scooter or Finnish artist called Tauski, it is Jaco Pastorius: Truth, Liberty & Soul. If it would be one of the other my avatar wouldn´t be looking as intelligent as it is now:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: When I used the Denafrips Iris trough IIS the setting was able to use DSD Direct.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #9,597 of 11,357
Dec 18, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #9,598 of 11,357
Just tried Arya V2 on SE port(R2R chain👇)

This is truly what I wanted, crystal clear, no taste of the DAC, darkisk muted veil.

Both my Susvara and Arya feels like they both have a subwoofer. The sensation I feel is the “subwoofer” is in the room. The floor is “shaking”

The most beautiful thing about R8HE mk2 is how well well balanced, it places every instrument/element. None of these instrument/elements dominates each other.

In the start I was like why does that specific instrument/element not shine/dominate like I am use to, like uneven levels, compared to R8. It truly delivers everything in whole compared to my other DACs.

Well controlled, still, dark background. Soo lifelike with the timing, its moving me. Im only 15hours burnin, if it gets better than this. Stellar!!!!

Dec 18, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #9,599 of 11,357
Just tried Arya V2 on SE port(R2R chain👇)

This is truly what I wanted, crystal clear, no taste of the DAC, darkisk muted veil.

Both my Susvara and Arya feels like they both have a subwoofer. The sensation I feel is the “subwoofer” is in the room. The floor is “shaking”

The most beautiful thing about R8HE mk2 is how well well balanced, it places every instrument/element. None of these instrument/elements dominates each other.

In the start I was like why does that specific instrument/element not shine/dominate like I am use to, like uneven levels, compared to R8. It truly delivers everything in whole compared to my other DACs.

Well controlled, still, dark background. Soo lifelike with the timing, its moving me. Im only 15hours burnin, if it gets better than this. Stellar!!!!
It will get better with time and it will shine like a star with a decent Master Clock.

Dec 18, 2022 at 10:57 PM Post #9,600 of 11,357
Its pretty surprising. My TT2 needs atleast 1hour warmup(over 300hours burnin total). My AGD(15-20hours) sounds ready compared to TT2, the minute its on.

OCK1 looks really nice but I wish it had 2 square instead of two sine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back