New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Mar 13, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #10,036 of 11,301
Guys I have an annoying issue with BNC and AES inputs. I get a pretty loud pop or thump with using NOS m mode when tracks start or when skipping track.

Oddly this pop is almost non exist when using OS X4 specifically.

It doesn't happen on USB but my streamer doesn't have USB output annoyingly.

Any idea when this might be happening?

Mar 13, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #10,037 of 11,301
Mam RU6 podpięty do wejścia na końcówkę mocy Audio Gd i jestem zaskoczony jakością dźwięku, gra lepiej od kilku moich lampowych dac i cd...Rewelacja

Most of the Audio GD equipments have a really good performance to price ratio and a lot of user are surprised with the quality of sound from it. It may have something to do with the fact that all workers who work in the shop have an interest in music reproductions.

Mar 13, 2023 at 3:48 PM Post #10,038 of 11,301
Guys I have an annoying issue with BNC and AES inputs. I get a pretty loud pop or thump with using NOS m mode when tracks start or when skipping track.

Give it some time (300 hours) to burn in your system. It is known to happen, at least for the earlier software versions, when you are switching format to/from FLAC and DSF files.

Mar 13, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #10,039 of 11,301

I never experienced thumps or pops in NOS mode over AES/EBU. Also not in other modes. Can you try another ouput from your streamer or another AES device into your DAC?

Mar 14, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #10,041 of 11,301
Audio-gd just release R-8 MK3 and R-8HE MK3, beside new look, anyone knows what the differences are? the description is almost a direct copy from R8HE Mk2, so I don't get what the differences are.
Nice to see more silver colors!

The front buttons has changed….

The improvement is quite obvious compared to the previous generation.
1. Fully discrete parts are used in a truly balanced current transmission design.
Four sets of fully discrete and independent DSD hardware decoders.
Eight sets of fully discrete R-2R DA modules to form a two-channel balanced push-pull decoder.
Using the latest designed discrete servo stabilized power supply to feed the DA circuits, the noise level is comparable to that of a battery, but without the dry and thin sound characteristics of it, and thus the product's operating temperature is significantly lower than that of the previous model. The analog circuit are still powered by a pure class-A regulated power supply for the best sound results (New upgrade)
2. By listening to a turntable and studying its sound for a long time, we have successfully integrated the analog vinyl sound characteristics into this product, this being allowed optionally through the front panel. (New feature)
3. Both the USB and HDMI inputs are equipped with isolators, and two sets of linear power supplies to separately supply power to the USB and HDMI modules before the isolators to prevent interference from signal sources.

_____

Next, MASTER CLOCK!!! :pray:

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #10,042 of 11,301
Nice to see more silver colors!

The front buttons has changed….

The improvement is quite obvious compared to the previous generation.
1. Fully discrete parts are used in a truly balanced current transmission design.
Four sets of fully discrete and independent DSD hardware decoders.
Eight sets of fully discrete R-2R DA modules to form a two-channel balanced push-pull decoder.
Using the latest designed discrete servo stabilized power supply to feed the DA circuits, the noise level is comparable to that of a battery, but without the dry and thin sound characteristics of it, and thus the product's operating temperature is significantly lower than that of the previous model. The analog circuit are still powered by a pure class-A regulated power supply for the best sound results (New upgrade)
2. By listening to a turntable and studying its sound for a long time, we have successfully integrated the analog vinyl sound characteristics into this product, this being allowed optionally through the front panel. (New feature)
3. Both the USB and HDMI inputs are equipped with isolators, and two sets of linear power supplies to separately supply power to the USB and HDMI modules before the isolators to prevent interference from signal sources.

_____

Next, MASTER CLOCK!!! :pray:
Those are pretty much same as mk2

Mar 14, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #10,043 of 11,301
Those are pretty much same as mk2
Yes, probably identical. The verbiage on the pages is copied from product to product and does not seem to change at all.

Mar 14, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #10,045 of 11,301
Seems like only the chassis and display have changed.
I really liked the trademark blue LEDs. I don't care for the white ones at all.

This is gonna be tough if somebody adds gear over the years.

Mar 14, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #10,046 of 11,301
Dammit, I really wanted a silver one.

Bah, someone's going to pay for this.

JDn13k-1067374760.gif

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #10,047 of 11,301
Dammit, I really wanted a silver one.

Bah, someone's going to pay for this.

JDn13k-1067374760.gif

I wanted silver initially before when buying the HE9LE.

There is something about the black alu and blue LEDs that keeps growing on me. Its like retro but not, retro but not…the deep black polished color of the alu

Its actually a fascinating design for me when comparing pictures with the hardware itself. Its soo much more beautiful irl.

——

When thats been said, Im gonna go for a silver AIO/R27 for the gaming/discord/Sundara/Arya.

Mar 15, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #10,048 of 11,301
never this excited. Ordering the coax(RCA-BNC) cable now …

Any users here using the DI20HE with other dacs than AGD?

Mar 15, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #10,049 of 11,301
never this excited. Ordering the coax(RCA-BNC) cable now …

Any users here using the DI20HE with other dacs than AGD?
I use a DI-20 base model with my Brooklyn DAC+ (AES/EBU) and my RME rev. 2 AKM model over coax.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #10,050 of 11,301
I use a DI-20 base model with my Brooklyn DAC+ and my RME rev. 2 AKM model.
Do you feel it improve the RME on the warm/analog side?

My reason is:
Chord TT2 driver is soo frustrating, when using other dacs too on the same pc....

DI20HE is going to eliminate and replace that part. My expectations is, I hope it does not "bottlenecks" the DI20HE in any aspects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back