New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Jan 4, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #6,437 of 11,296
Is there any new SW updates. for the R7 these. days ? I may have missed it.
I am planning to buy the DI20soon, is the DI20 in 2021 any different ?
No, not really. Kingwa released a "poping"-reduced firmware with DoP support in nov 2020. for the R7.
The DI20/HE got some updates during 2020 and I among others appreciate the Beta v3.933 very much.

The DI20/HE is all software defined hardware. The new R7/HE versions (2021..) are also aimed to be working in that way in the digital area.
This means that we can expect new versions of refined codes for these gears from Kingwa, when he can find the time to work on it. They are very busy right now at Audio-gd, building, modding and delivering all kinds of gears.
/Jan

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #6,439 of 11,296
Just ordered a Black NimakAudio USB cable in replacement of a Wireworld Ultraviolet one....I’m eager to discover the increment it will provide...
It is not something that will be necessarily very obvious, but at night, when all is calm, you will hear a clear difference. I have done an a/b with a 80$ cable and despites the balance being the same (after burn in), the Black is more detailed and give better bass quality. Better timbres too.

Jan 5, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #6,440 of 11,296
Just ordered a Black NimakAudio USB cable in replacement of a Wireworld Ultraviolet one....I’m eager to discover the increment it will provide...
Although one thing i can add is it seems that, when using an external clock, the impact of the usb cable seems greater and vice versa. The clock and usb cable work together to provide the cleanest possible output to the dac. Same with the streamer. I recently upgraded the psu for the usbridge sig to the Shanti. The external clock is now clearly better than the internal. I can't go without it.

Jan 6, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #6,441 of 11,296
It is not something that will be necessarily very obvious, but at night, when all is calm, you will hear a clear difference. I have done an a/b with a 80$ cable and despites the balance being the same (after burn in), the Black is more detailed and give better bass quality. Better timbres too.

great....thank you for sharing your impressions.... as my system is quite revealing, it should not be too difficult to measure the difference

Jan 6, 2021 at 9:58 AM Post #6,442 of 11,296
I received my Nimak Black cable two days ago. As with all silver cables this one is no different. Sound was thin and hollow at first listen but much better after overnight burn. Bass and soudstage starting to develop.

The Nimak USB connectors fit tightly into mating sockets. Had to use extra force to ensure the connectors are fully seated. The Nimak vendor includes a note in the shipping box warning about this. And yet I did not fully seat the ‘B’ connector into the Di20HE first try.

Jan 6, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #6,443 of 11,296
Although one thing i can add is it seems that, when using an external clock, the impact of the usb cable seems greater and vice versa. The clock and usb cable work together to provide the cleanest possible output to the dac. Same with the streamer. I recently upgraded the psu for the usbridge sig to the Shanti. The external clock is now clearly better than the internal. I can't go without it.

I think you have already answered me but could you direct me towards an economical 10 M Clock and how to make it work with my R7 (which will be upgraded to 2021)

Jan 6, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #6,444 of 11,296
All is in one of my previous posts, look 2-3 pages back.

The used Morion mv89a ocxo from the seller i mentioned is fitted on a new clock pcb and enclosure and has production years better than others. I have the best one, i don't even remenber which it is.

You can custom request 3 ouputs as either square or sine. I have 2 square and one sine on my unit. My power connector is a 5.5/2.1 barrel type, and this can be requested oherwise. The square output is better suited for audio-gd product.

You will find all that is needed on ebay: ultralow noise 12v psu, clock unit, 50ohm and dc cable. The ebay psu vendor will in most cases supply a decent dc cable with it, with termination according to your choice. Utilmately, get a better one from Ghentaudio.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021 at 1:34 AM Post #6,446 of 11,296
Just installed the new 2021 i2s and usb modules! it was truly plug and play, just unscrew the old ones, plug the little plastic wire housings into place and screw in the new ones! I'm taking my sonore usb to i2s converter out of the chain to see if I like the usb input just as much as using i2s
old modules in my audio-gd r27

Ntdd6u1h.jpg

and here's the new modules installed, notice with the new ones.. they both have that little pcb attached to their rear.. I think that's the isolator.. so now the hdmi i2s has an isolator just like the one on the usb. and both hdmi and usb boards are connected with a wire.. I think to pass the clocking to the fpga accusilicon clocks.. neat
CotVJHWh.jpg

Jan 17, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #6,447 of 11,296
Hi guys!
Has anybody tried to power HE products by power regenerator? For example PS audio power plant 20
Did you feel any positive/negative difference ?

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #6,448 of 11,296
For what it's worth I use a Power regenerator from Powerinspired the AG1500S, this gave a big improvement within my set.

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #6,449 of 11,296
For what it's worth I use a Power regenerator from Powerinspired the AG1500S, this gave a big improvement within my set.

Hello Holco
What are you powering with the AG1500S?
I believe you have the R8, M1 and M3. Are you powering the M3 also or just the R8 and M1?
What about the fan of the AG1500S, do you hear it on quiet passages of the music?

Jan 18, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #6,450 of 11,296
Hello Holco
What are you powering with the AG1500S?
I believe you have the R8, M1 and M3. Are you powering the M3 also or just the R8 and M1?
What about the fan of the AG1500S, do you hear it on quiet passages of the music?

I am powering my complete setup with the AG1500S, to make a long story short see the link of my setup, about the fans, when they run I don't hear them but they never run :wink:
https://www.htforum.nl/yabbse/index.php?topic=150715.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back