New Audio-gd R-7, R-7HE R-8, R-27, R-27HE, R-28 Flagship Resistor Ladder DACs and DAC/amps
Jul 12, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #4,517 of 11,260
my acusilicon-upgraded Master-11 Singularity with PCM1704UK has been singing with gusto for just over 2 months. will never sell the M-11S :)

There is a promotion by AGD's official distributor here in Malaysia until end of the month. Tossing up between ordering an R8 or R7/R7HE. The latter is within reach, but this hobby is a black hole, and i really should just live vicariously through this thread.... but..... the temptation.....

same here - I'll never sell my NOS7, perfect match with my current speakers...
same here #2 -- clicking daily on the Audio-GD site checking the price on a full-upgrade R8 and trying to calculate how to justify the expense when my current setup is absolutely fantastic :ksc75smile:

Jul 13, 2019 at 7:14 AM Post #4,518 of 11,260

You can see them at the bottom of the Amanero more easily. On top is the isolator which makes them hard to see.

Ok then...after all help found online, this morning I decided to upgrade my R7HE Amanero firmware, to make it fully compatible even with Linux based streamers like my Aries G1. Once understood how to proceed, it's a 5 minutes affair. Now I can read everything in direct mode, without any conversion or DoP packeting. Pcm is perfect at any reachable rate. Initial impression is that SQ is a bit improved too. I'm not a superfan of DSD in particular, but I was not happy to know that my super combo was afflicted by a bottle neck. Just a little thing to remark: when swapping between pcm and dsd, some pops...but nothing unacceptable.
Thanks for your help!

Jul 13, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #4,519 of 11,260
Ok then...after all help found online, this morning I decided to upgrade my R7HE Amanero firmware, to make it fully compatible even with Linux based streamers like my Aries G1. Once understood how to proceed, it's a 5 minutes affair. Now I can read everything in direct mode, without any conversion or DoP packeting. Pcm is perfect at any reachable rate. Initial impression is that SQ is a bit improved too. I'm not a superfan of DSD in particular, but I was not happy to know that my super combo was afflicted by a bottle neck. Just a little thing to remark: when swapping between pcm and dsd, some pops...but nothing unacceptable.
Thanks for your help!
Well done and thank you for the confirmation.

Jul 13, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #4,520 of 11,260
Kingwa working on a new flagship dac or something? :anguished:

Jul 13, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #4,523 of 11,260
Damn! things are moving so fast! I am still with my R2R7 waiting to transform to R7 and now a new flagship is coming!!
I know right! He's a living breathing dac pumping machine!! New flagship incoming bois hold your wallets up high!

Jul 13, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #4,525 of 11,260
Won't be released before 2 years IMO, so.. No stress. Kingwa is always working on new things. Amps, pres, dacs, psus, etc...
nah man. you just have to tell kingwa that we're all ready to pay 4k for his new flagship dac and he'll be ready to sell it next week.

Jul 13, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #4,527 of 11,260
If you say so...
I agree with Fred.
I can imagine Kingwa will do lots of side improvements on his flagships before totally replace them, as he is used to do.
A suggestion would be an even better Usb board replacing Amanero...but if it will happen, will not be so fast, coz he is paying licences... Anyway this alone I suspect it would be a GREAT improvement soundwise, making less urgent to set up a totally new machine!

Jul 13, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #4,528 of 11,260
I agree with Fred.
I can imagine Kingwa will do lots of side improvements on his flagships before totally replace them, as he is used to do.
A suggestion would be an even better Usb board replacing Amanero...but if it will happen, will not be so fast, coz he is paying licences... Anyway this alone I suspect it would be a GREAT improvement soundwise, making less urgent to set up a totally new machine!
The r7he is most likely the best dac under 10k as it is. So i don't care much about upcoming improvements. I am good to go for a very long while. I am enjoying the ride with the he. If you need an upgrade, get a superb i2s transport. The u16, while not perfectly stable in my setup, is a clear upgrade from the amanero.. An excellent external transport always beats an internal usb board, whatever the dac. The amanero is very decent, that said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back