New Audeze LCD3
Jul 2, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #7,652 of 11,521
Quote:
Who did you buy your Audeze from??

Room40 had an issue with his and he got refunded for his shipping. He bought this through ALO I believe.

Edit: http://www.head-fi.org/t/575751/new-audeze-lcd3/7065#post_9130888

Thanks for the info AnakChan (In Australia, you're known as a Top Bloke) 
size]

Bought it off a Head Fi member. Where is Room40 from though?
I'll be extremely pleased if Audeze refund the $152 AUD, I don't mind paying for the return $40 USD.

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #7,653 of 11,521
I had a very different nickname in high school (Perth).

Doing a quick search here on HF, at least the LCD-2 warranties are transferable. I don't see why the LCD-3's won't be :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/574616/the-audeze-lcd-2-ortho-thread-new/750#post_8099160

I assume you've reached out to their support already. Can't tell if they do or don't pay for shipping based on :-

http://www.head-fi.org/t/588429/audeze-lcd-3-appreciation-thread/75#post_8651928
vs
http://www.head-fi.org/t/588429/audeze-lcd-3-appreciation-thread/75#post_8652629

Jul 2, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #7,655 of 11,521
Which batch are yours from?  My headband can actually slide which isn't something my other pairs have done.  Wonder if it's a batch thing or just that my other headbands weren't short enough to slide?

The leather on my headband also slides back and forth on the metal base. Just a bit, maybe 1/4 inch. Same late May batch as yours (iirc). My LCD-2's didn't do that. It's one more thing to creak and move therefore making noise while wearing.

Not a big problem...I'm not going to send them in to fix just that, but if they ever have to go back any other issue I will ask to have that fixed.

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #7,658 of 11,521
Nothing does the shoulder check thing like the HD800.  That said the LCD-3 stage is spread wide from left to right front to back, no 3 blob, and more focused where the HD800 focus is softer.  The big difference is side by side the LCD-3 just sounds less compressed, more natural and the difference in bass presence is something that can't be seen on the freq resp chart.  For a diet of mostly alternative/punk types... no contest ON THIS RIG.  Comfort, I'll take the HD800 though.

Jul 2, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #7,659 of 11,521
Quote:
Thanks for the info AnakChan (In Australia, you're known as a Top Bloke) 
size]

Bought it off a Head Fi member. Where is Room40 from though?
I'll be extremely pleased if Audeze refund the $152 AUD, I don't mind paying for the return $40 USD.

Thanks AnakChan.

Mach3 im in Perth and bought my LCD3s from ALO at Xmas 2012. Faulty driver on arrival and I paid AusPost ~160 to return them. ALO then returned them to Audeze and upon inspection found to be faulty and I was sent a new pair (different serial) and was refunded the $160. Hope that helps

Jul 2, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #7,660 of 11,521
Quote:
Thanks AnakChan.

Mach3 im in Perth and bought my LCD3s from ALO at Xmas 2012. Faulty driver on arrival and I paid AusPost ~160 to return them. ALO then returned them to Audeze and upon inspection found to be faulty and I was sent a new pair (different serial) and was refunded the $160. Hope that helps

Thanks for the info. LCD come with 3 year warranty right.

Jul 3, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #7,661 of 11,521
What are some good amp and dac combo for the LCD-3's?

It'd be nice to have one, not too costly, for say bedroom rig or being able to move it around the house. Taking and moving speaker amps along with a separate DAC around the house is a bit of a pain at times. Also, the space saved is an added bonus.

Also, does anyone have any experience with Audio GD Compass (the original version and not Compass 2) and how it would work with it.

Jul 3, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #7,663 of 11,521
Quote:

Thanks for the info. LCD come with 3 year warranty right.

Let me just google that for you

http://www.audeze.com/lcd-warranty-update

Jul 3, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #7,664 of 11,521
Proud owner of new LCD-3s! Wow, amazing headphones. Upgraded from Beyer T1s and driving from WA2. Was afraid WA2s wouldn't drive them well but so far so gooooood - many thanks to Ardilla's great review of the LCD3s with the WA2 and WA22. So smooth, the bass, omg the bass so smooth but powerful, yet not overpowering. And yes it has brought down the sharp trebles I was hearing on the T1s. Beautiful sound. I'll upgrade the amp in a year or so, when the Mrs has forgotten about the price of these phones ><

If you'll excuse me I need to listen to my whole music library tonight...

Jul 3, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #7,665 of 11,521
Quote:
Proud owner of new LCD-3s! Wow, amazing headphones. Upgraded from Beyer T1s and driving from WA2. Was afraid WA2s wouldn't drive them well but so far so gooooood - many thanks to Ardilla's great review of the LCD3s with the WA2 and WA22. So smooth, the bass, omg the bass so smooth but powerful, yet not overpowering. And yes it has brought down the sharp trebles I was hearing on the T1s. Beautiful sound. I'll upgrade the amp in a year or so, when the Mrs has forgotten about the price of these phones ><

If you'll excuse me I need to listen to my whole music library tonight...

oh yeah! congrats. i'm breaking in my pair and keep getting "wowed" by recordings I've known for decades. how sweet it it is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back