New Audeze LCD3
Jul 2, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #7,636 of 11,521
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jul 2, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #7,637 of 11,521
I mean I could fit it with liquid nail, I'm always a DIY kind of person.
But at 2k, made me think twice about voiding the warranty.
If one of the drivers happens to fail. I'm a gonna, as driver are pretty much impossible to source.
Audeze hasn't been around long enough for me to gamble with the life expectancy of drivers.

I also notice the wire connecting the mini 4 pin XLR connectors to the actual driver are like the one found in $12 12cm Fan. Red & black, very odd wire selection for a 2K headphones -_-..... What's the point of using expensive aftermarket cable...

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #7,638 of 11,521
Quote:
I mean I could fit it with liquid nail, I'm always a DIY kind of person.
But at 2k, made me think twice about voiding the warranty.
If one of the drivers happens to fail. I'm a gonna, as driver are pretty much impossible to source.
Audeze hasn't been around long enough for me to gamble with the life expectancy of drivers.

I also notice the wire connecting the mini 4 pin XLR connectors to the actual driver are like the one found in $12 12cm Fan. Red & black, very odd wire selection for a 2K headphones -_-..... What's the point of using expensive aftermarket cable...

Contact Audeze technical support and ask them what glue they use. I think its very likely they will advise you on what to buy.

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #7,639 of 11,521
Please allow me to ask this question here. What's the difference for head amp GS-X mk2 "alpha" and "DACT"? Is it just the volume control?

Thanks

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #7,640 of 11,521
Pot or stepped, pick your poison.

The cable in the LCD line up is the same you see in other headphones and speakers and amps.  Manufacturers don't believe in cables yet we do.  Interesting :wink:

Jul 2, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #7,641 of 11,521
Quote:
Dear Audeze,

Just like to know what special glue you guy use to glue the mini XLR connector to the headphone. 

Which batch are yours from?  My headband can actually slide which isn't something my other pairs have done.  Wonder if it's a batch thing or just that my other headbands weren't short enough to slide?

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:15 AM Post #7,642 of 11,521
Quote:

Which batch are yours from?  My headband can actually slide which isn't something my other pairs have done.  Wonder if it's a batch thing or just that my other headbands weren't short enough to slide?

The headbands are not bonded to the frame. There is a small amount of play where they can slide left or right...but its very slight on mine!

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #7,643 of 11,521
Quote:
Pot or stepped, pick your poison.

The cable in the LCD line up is the same you see in other headphones and speakers and amps.  Manufacturers don't believe in cables yet we do.  Interesting :wink:

Do you mind explaining in more detail? Pot is? 

Cheers

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #7,644 of 11,521
Quote:

S/N 2313177 if that helps.

My right side doesn't slide at all. Totally solid and it not like I rip the connectors from the socket when I'm changing cables. I hold the metal base while unplugging.

Jul 2, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #7,645 of 11,521
Quote:
Dear Audeze,

Just like to know what special glue you guy use to glue the mini XLR connector to the headphone. Mine have come off my $2000 LCD-3

Best regards,

Loyal customer.

Any member know what the best glue to uses please comment.
As I don't want to ruin these headphone. Still under warranty but postage going to cost $200 for a round trip.

That's very bad for $2000. You should contact Audeze to have them pay the shipping for you.

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #7,646 of 11,521
Quote:
Do you mind explaining in more detail? Pot is? 

Cheers

If I have to explain it... save your money and go Alpha.  Pot is infinite choices, potential for imbalance down low, stepped is fixed steps, no imbalance but only 24 choices for volume.  Stepped on anything but low gain isn't much fun.

Jul 2, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #7,647 of 11,521
Pot = infinitely variable resistance for unlimited attenuation between limits (hi-low) and stepped attenuation has discrete levels between limits just as name implies.  

Jul 2, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #7,648 of 11,521
Thanks Solude and commtrd. So the sound difference between the two is just some hifi non-sense? :p
I actually want to get the GS-X for full sized headphone like LCD 3 and HD800. But if it can drive my CIEMs, that would be even better. So for CIEMs, I guess I should definitely stay with POT? But imbalance in volume for CIEMs is the last thing I want
redface.gif

Jul 2, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #7,649 of 11,521
Quote:

That's very bad for $2000. You should contact Audeze to have them pay the shipping for you.

I highly doubt they would pay for shipping. I think Audeze charges at least $40 USD = $50 AUD after international & paypal fee. I got quote from Auspost ($152 AUD to ship to US with insurance for $2000). Well I'll try contacting Audeze see what they say.

Jul 2, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #7,650 of 11,521
Who did you buy your Audeze from??

Room40 had an issue with his and he got refunded for his shipping. He bought this through ALO I believe.

Edit: http://www.head-fi.org/t/575751/new-audeze-lcd3/7065#post_9130888

Users who are viewing this thread

Back