May 3, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #5,507 of 11,521
Didn't he smoke 2Pac per day?

Quote:
Are you confusing Sinatra and 2Pac?
rolleyes.gif

May 3, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #5,508 of 11,521
Quote:
Didn't he smoke 2Pac per day?

I would think what he smoked came in baggies, or even bricks, not so much packs.

May 3, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #5,509 of 11,521
No matter what he smoked, snorted or injected, or all of the above, I just love how the LCD-3 renders his voice, especially his earlier Capitol era material.

May 3, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #5,513 of 11,521
Quote:
No matter what he smoked, snorted or injected, or all of the above, I just love how the LCD-3 renders his voice, especially his earlier Capitol era material.

Just goes to show how we all have different tastes. I absolutely hated the way the LCD-3 rendered Sinatra's voice. If Sinatra sounds bad...it's a capitol offense to me. Sorry for the lame pun.
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
^ What Nick said.

^ One of the worst Sinatra albums you can buy! Horribly mastered.

Pick up Classic Sinatra II. Might not have the best song selection but it sounds much, much better. An even better choice is the Sinatra Capitol Collector's disc. It's cheap and sounds phenomenal.

May 4, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #5,515 of 11,521
Quote:
What is your favorite pick for a good Sinatra collection/box?

I unfortunately had to delete all of my Sinatra because it was poor quality MP3s...

It's a mixed bag but the best collection for the capitol years is the British 21 CD set that looks like a shoe box.  Avoid EVERYTHING that has the name "Bob Norberg" on it UNLESS it also has the name "Ron Furmanek" on it,

May 4, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #5,517 of 11,521
Oh dear...Those prices...

Thanks for the name drops though. I'll look into it next time I buy some CDs.

Quote:

It's a mixed bag but the best collection for the capitol years is the British 21 CD set that looks like a shoe box.  Avoid EVERYTHING that has the name "Bob Norberg" on it UNLESS it also has the name "Ron Furmanek" on it,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back