New ATH-PRO700mk2 - Audio Technica
Dec 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #91 of 98
Quote:
I went to the Audio Technica warehouse sale today, bought a few things and the cashier somehow didn't charge me for my new ATH-PRO700MK2. Can't beat free! I think they sound great. I haven't heard the M50, but these don't seem to sound deficient in the highs or anything.

the cashier didnt scan them? and the alarm didnt sound ? wow

Dec 9, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #92 of 98
Quote:

the cashier didnt scan them? and the alarm didnt sound ? wow

It was a 2-day warehouse sale, so the items weren't security tagged and the cashiers were probably inexperienced and just hired for the sale. All the goods get stacked in front of them and they have to remember what's scanned and not... They don't know the merchandise and prices well... I'm pretty honest and probably would have offered to pay, but I wasn't even sure what happened until I got home. Then, I said "wow" too!

My 1st choice would have been the M50, but it was the second day of the sale and they were sold out.

Dec 9, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #93 of 98
Quote:
It was a 2-day warehouse sale, so the items weren't security tagged and the cashiers were probably inexperienced and just hired for the sale. All the goods get stacked in front of them and they have to remember what's scanned and not... They don't know the merchandise and prices well... I'm pretty honest and probably would have offered to pay, but I wasn't even sure what happened until I got home. Then, I said "wow" too!

My 1st choice would have been the M50, but it was the second day of the sale and they were sold out.

i got the pro700mk2 and i dont like them i regret selling my  m50 ,the 700mk2 sound muddy to me

Dec 9, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #94 of 98
Quote:
i got the pro700mk2 and i dont like them i regret selling my  m50 ,the 700mk2 sound muddy to me

I'm still not sure about them myself... The bass is pretty cool. I think I might prefer my ATH-ES7 for a flatter response through the mids and more holographic sound though. Still breaking them in.

Since I got the 700MK2 free, I'll probably still buy a pair of M50 to see what everybody's talking about.

Dec 9, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #95 of 98
Quote:
I'm still not sure about them myself... The bass is pretty cool. I think I might prefer my ATH-ES7 for a flatter response through the mids and more holographic sound though. Still breaking them in.

Since I got the 700MK2 free, I'll probably still buy a pair of M50 to see what everybody's talking about.

yea ahha lucky you the m50 are pretty nice , i like the bass on my  XB500 better (party headphone) lol

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #96 of 98
M50 is much better in every possible regard and still has plenty of bass.  DO NOT waste hard earned money on mk2.  Buy bass cans by audio techninca if you really need that sound but don't buy their dj models because they are horrible.

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #97 of 98
Quote:
M50 is much better in every possible regard and still has plenty of bass.  DO NOT waste hard earned money on mk2.  Buy bass cans by audio techninca if you really need that sound but don't buy their dj models because they are horrible.

Yeah... I'm starting to agree. The mk2 do seem to have too much V-shaped eq for my taste. The bass is awesome, but the vocals and lead instruments sound too thin. There's no "meat" to the sound. Do the M50 have better mids? I've read they were slightly recessed, but hopefully not this much. I'm thinking of ordering the anniversary edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back