New ATH-PRO700mk2 - Audio Technica
Jan 8, 2011 at 1:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 98

DrNub

New Head-Fier
Hey guys. This is my very first post and I've been searching these forums for a couple of weeks now and decided to make an account because I couldn't find any reviews or comparisons of these headphones.

ATH-PRO700MK2 Professional DJ Monitor Headphones

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/7315cfab0d558604/index.html

The one big thing that got me interested in these are due to the detachable cables, and even includes both coiled and straight cables. I was thinking of getting the M50 until I realized it's cable we not detachable :frowning2:. I found this on the new latest product line on the site. I read before that the previous PRO 700's were piece of crap and nothing compared to the M50's.

I was wondering if anyone had these and would like to share some information? I listen to variety of music but mostly rock and rap/hip-hop (the good raps not some lame lil-wayne and drake). I'm a portable guy :p

One last note, the design of the side headband seems to be different, I wonder how they looks? Does it looks bulky (having the side sticking out of the side of your head. I love the M50's design where everything is so tight and just fits your heard perfect lol.

Thanks a lot guys!

Jan 9, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #2 of 98
Dr. Nub,

New and improved, the ATH-PRO700MK2 from Audio-Technica is designed specifically for DJs. With a higher impedence, frequancy zone, and output value, it is capable of delivering much accurate sound range and deeper bass. With a heavy-duty body structure, its stays firm and steady on your head. Simple color coordination and outline. comfortable-fit and sensuous design DJ Headphones. ATH-PRO700MK2 is designed to fit all scenes and functions of headphones and meet all the challenges, demands, needs and professions of users. ATH-PRO700MK2 will be one of Audio-Technica’s masterpiece headphones . 50/90° earpiece swiveling capability for professional DJ monitoring.

Difference of Ath-m50 and Ath-pro700mk2. M50 is powerful for studio/home music-producing and mixing-monitoring of music. Where you can hear all musical instruments at all frequency. PROO700mk2 is powerful for Clubbing/outdoor DJing events and occassion. I have m50 yet saving for the PROO700mk2. If am going to have the both. What a dragon you have. M50? wow! omg! no coloration on its bass but very punchy. highs are very crisp and crystal clear. Audio Technica seems bringing and inculcating the features of m50s to pro700mk2s.

By the way you need to burn-in these cans, m50 and Pro700mk2, 50-100hrs, in order unleashed they power. i hope this would help you:
http://www.frontendaudio.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Headphones-p/9999-02031.htm#read_reviews_here
http://www.headfonia.com/closed-cans-shootout-m-50-esw-9-t50p-hd25-1-beats-studio-srh-840-srh-750dj-k181dj-and-dj1pro/ 

always listening.
hans

Jan 9, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #3 of 98

Quote:
Dr. Nub,

New and improved, the ATH-PRO700MK2 from Audio-Technica is designed specifically for DJs. With a higher impedence, frequancy zone, and output value, it is capable of delivering much accurate sound range and deeper bass. With a heavy-duty body structure, its stays firm and steady on your head. Simple color coordination and outline. comfortable-fit and sensuous design DJ Headphones. ATH-PRO700MK2 is designed to fit all scenes and functions of headphones and meet all the challenges, demands, needs and professions of users. ATH-PRO700MK2 will be one of Audio-Technica’s masterpiece headphones . 50/90° earpiece swiveling capability for professional DJ monitoring.

Difference of Ath-m50 and Ath-pro700mk2. M50 is powerful for studio/home music-producing and mixing-monitoring of music. Where you can hear all musical instruments at all frequency. PROO700mk2 is powerful for Clubbing/outdoor DJing events and occassion. I have m50 yet saving for the PROO700mk2. If am going to have the both. What a dragon you have. M50? wow! omg! no coloration on its bass but very punchy. highs are very crisp and crystal clear. Audio Technica seems bringing and inculcating the features of m50s to pro700mk2s.

By the way you need to burn-in these cans, m50 and Pro700mk2, 50-100hrs, in order unleashed they power. i hope this would help you:
http://www.frontendaudio.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Headphones-p/9999-02031.htm#read_reviews_here
http://www.headfonia.com/closed-cans-shootout-m-50-esw-9-t50p-hd25-1-beats-studio-srh-840-srh-750dj-k181dj-and-dj1pro/ 

always listening.
hans

I was wondering, you know how you listed that the m50's can detect variety of frequency in a music so you can hear every single thing. Does that mean that I'll notice some things is music that I never heard before? For example like a really soft piano being played or the crowds cheering softly etc. If so, does that mean that the Pro700 or /mk2 lack those features? If you or anyone here ever gets the chance to listen to the new pro700mk2, it would be nice to have some detailed opinions.

Btw, Audire, when you get the chance to own the new MK2's anytime soon, it would be if you could review as well.

Thanks again guys.

Jan 10, 2011 at 6:21 AM Post #4 of 98
well Dr. Knub,

I got the chance to use a PRO700mk2 from music engineer and dj friend of mine. he emailed me last night, pro700mk2 is much improved than pro700 (the first release). the pro700mk2 is much more clearer especially on the bass. there's more power and punchier but not as muddy as pro700

I listen to acoustics mp3 songs. i could hear the egg shaker and other percussions.

Jan 10, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #5 of 98

Quote:
well Dr. Knub,

I got the chance to use a PRO700mk2 from music engineer and dj friend of mine. he emailed me last night, pro700mk2 is much improved than pro700 (the first release). the pro700mk2 is much more clearer especially on the bass. there's more power and punchier but not as muddy as pro700

I listen to acoustics mp3 songs. i could hear the egg shaker and other percussions.

Nice, I'll probably be ordering these in a couple of days from AudioCube... Too bad it's $199 there. Apparantly the price in japan is around 11000 yen which is like $150 Canadian. Do you know any other sites that sell these for a good low price? Even though $199 is good enough but I'm just curious if there are any lower. Weird how the M50's cost $250 while the pro700/mk2 cost around $199 lol? Btw, hows the build quality? As well as the looks when wearing them, I noticed how they changed it a bit on the side, kinda making them sticking out of the side?

Thanks again

Jan 11, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #6 of 98
Hello Dr.Nub,

i got this email from ryan of frontaudio.com:
Hello Hans,
The ATH-Pro 700 (now the SV model) are solid quality monitoring headphones. They are really designed for DJ use, but also make good studio headphones for tracking. They have a wide frequency response, good low end, nice highs, and fairly balanced mids. They do require some break-in time to get the drivers to open up, but overall they are good general purpose headphones. Since they are grea for DJing, they are also well used for baisc monitoring in live sound.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.
Thank you!

Please note that due to winter weather conditions, our offices are closed. We expect to reopen tomorrow (1/11/11).

Also, Dr. Nub, My friend from California told me if there's a nearest audio stores and has a demo unit of m50s and pro700mk2, try on them.

I wrote ryan which is better m50 or pro700mk2. When he replies back, i would send it to you, so that it would help you decide before buying any of the two.

Jan 11, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #7 of 98

Quote:
Hello Dr.Nub,

i got this email from ryan of frontaudio.com:
Hello Hans,
The ATH-Pro 700 (now the SV model) are solid quality monitoring headphones. They are really designed for DJ use, but also make good studio headphones for tracking. They have a wide frequency response, good low end, nice highs, and fairly balanced mids. They do require some break-in time to get the drivers to open up, but overall they are good general purpose headphones. Since they are grea for DJing, they are also well used for baisc monitoring in live sound.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.
Thank you!

Please note that due to winter weather conditions, our offices are closed. We expect to reopen tomorrow (1/11/11).

Also, Dr. Nub, My friend from California told me if there's a nearest audio stores and has a demo unit of m50s and pro700mk2, try on them.

I wrote ryan which is better m50 or pro700mk2. When he replies back, i would send it to you, so that it would help you decide before buying any of the two.

Thanks a lot. I live in Ontario Canada like two hours away from Toronto. And the city I live in, they don't have any of the Audio-Technica or any other pro brand headphones. There are some specific headphone shops but they carry old and custom models. Can you also check if he could kinda compare both models? How they fit on the head as well as the looks (not too bulky looking etc).

Thanks again. P.S. I saw some of your post on the Audio Technica Facebook page xD

Jan 14, 2011 at 3:59 AM Post #9 of 98

Quote:
Quote:
well Dr. Knub,

Nice, I'll probably be ordering these in a couple of days from AudioCube... Too bad it's $199 there. Apparantly the price in japan is around 11000 yen which is like $150 Canadian. Do you know any other sites that sell these for a good low price? Even though $199 is good enough but I'm just curious if there are any lower. Weird how the M50's cost $250 while the pro700/mk2 cost around $199 lol? Btw, hows the build quality? As well as the looks when wearing them, I noticed how they changed it a bit on the side, kinda making them sticking out of the side?

Thanks again

Wait, that can't be right... First of all, list is $199, second, the m50s are available for easily <$150 all over the place... 
Here, for example: http://www.headphone.com/selection-guide/top-picks/audio-technica-ath-m50.php

Jan 14, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #11 of 98

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
well Dr. Knub,

Thanks again

Wait, that can't be right... Fist of all, list is $199, second, the m50s are available for easily <$150 all over the place... 
Here, for example: http://www.headphone.com/selection-guide/top-picks/audio-technica-ath-m50.php

Ya I know lol, audiocube however sells them for a lot. B&H sells m50's for 108 :p

Jan 17, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #12 of 98
Hello. I bought Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 from eBay, last Saturday. First, I wanted to buy M50 and I don't know about PRO700MK2. I didn't win M50 in auction and I found PRO700MK2 by mistake. I was happy, because I want headphones with detachable cable. And I think: This price of headphones isn't high, I try it... This is eBay offer for headphones, price is funny, only $ 49,99 USD!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-PRO700MK2-DJ-Monitor-Headphones-/280616540050?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41560c9792

When I'll have headphones, I write my experiences about this new item...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back