New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini
Jan 24, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #2,356 of 2,828
You don’t need a premium server. Just turn any PC into a DLNA server and get a steamer that supports dlna.
Been there done that, and nope it’s not. Look do whatever, the answer is in the source.

Jan 24, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #2,357 of 2,828
High end severs stream as well. Until you try you won’t know. Even compressed lossless can sound great never mind hi res. streaming is better even. just food for thought from someone whos tried. I use usb, my sig states what I use.
but yes garbage in garbage out is a fact
Thank you. For right now it is not really the direction I'm going. I'll keep it in mind. I'm using roon which I'm not entirely thrilled with. My whole setup for hi-fi is desktop so that is what it is going to be. I might start accumulating more hi-res content and then I'll see.

Jan 25, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #2,359 of 2,828
So how long is typical burn-in? Not that it really matter, I just leave it running, just curious.
Between 1 and 1M seconds or when you get used to the sound.

Jan 25, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #2,361 of 2,828
GS-X Mini Satin Black ordered.

My Equinox cable XLR for HD650 is 2 x 3 pins. I guess the best thing to do is CUT the cable and put a xlr 4 pins ?

Any advice how manage the 2 wires ... twist them together or let them parallel while each side contains 2 brand twisted ?

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #2,362 of 2,828

My Equinox cable XLR for HD650 is 2 x 3 pins. I guess the best thing to do is CUT the cable and put a xlr 4 pins ?

Any advice how manage the 2 wires ... twist them together or let them parallel while each side contains 2 brand twisted ?
Get an adapter.

Jan 25, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #2,363 of 2,828

Yes cut/unsolder the dual 3pin and get a 4pin.
A picture of your cable will help, but I will probably twist the two wire, because when you roll up your cable for storage etc a twisted one usually works better.

Jan 29, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #2,365 of 2,828
Hello GS-X mini owners. So I've read through like 80% of this thread and still a bit confused as to the Mini's capabilities with the Susvara. I think initially there were a lot of positive comments about the Mini being able to drive the Susvara well but as time passed there are some negative comments, especially with a certain reviewer calling it "soft". I would like to get any current opinions from people who own the Susvara with Mini or have auditioned it extensively. Thanks in advance

Not to raise the dead--but I'm amp shopping for the Susvara and would love to hear from anyone currently using and preferring a GSX-Mini pairing as I have enjoyed HeadAmp gear in the past.

Jan 29, 2022 at 10:40 PM Post #2,366 of 2,828
Not to raise the dead--but I'm amp shopping for the Susvara and would love to hear from anyone currently using and preferring a GSX-Mini pairing as I have enjoyed HeadAmp gear in the past.

Hello GS-X mini owners. So I've read through like 80% of this thread and still a bit confused as to the Mini's capabilities with the Susvara. I think initially there were a lot of positive comments about the Mini being able to drive the Susvara well but as time passed there are some negative comments, especially with a certain reviewer calling it "soft". I would like to get any current opinions from people who own the Susvara with Mini or have auditioned it extensively. Thanks in advance

How does equipment age?

Jan 30, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #2,367 of 2,828
Replace electrolytic caps every half a century and you should be fine

Jan 30, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #2,368 of 2,828
Had my gsx mk2 for 6-7 years maybe more a-ok, little dust in the volume wheel created a little static when adjusting volume. Remedy to clean it is beyound my pay grade so… while a common diy is never that for me so why try, not a big deal anyway. concerning susvara it’s med gain 2 o’clock full saturation via mk2, suppose it’s the same on mini, so yes plenty of power.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #2,370 of 2,828
Mini less watts than mk2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back