New Amp from HeadAmp - GS-X Mini
May 6, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #1,156 of 2,819
Just ordered one from Addicted to Audio in AU. Hopefully my Lcd4 finally will sound the way I am hoping for. They have 10% off everything so all AU and NZ HeadFiers should check them out.

May 6, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #1,157 of 2,819
Has anyone compared the mini to a Phonitor X, Schiit Mjolnir 2 (mj2) or a Jotunheim? Thanks!

May 7, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #1,160 of 2,819
...the satin blue king of the rack!

I think I've seen this stand already on the forums? Custom 3D printing? Really nice.

I have the GSX Mini in the same color and it's really impressive. Accidentally ordered it in the wrong color (BHSE is polished blue), but when I saw it, I actually liked it better than the polished.

May 8, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #1,161 of 2,819
I’m just speculating but I would think the Headamp GX-Mini being a product sold direct without dealer markup might perform at a level of a three to four thousand amplifier like a Sim MOON 430HA.

I’m trying to get a perspective on the GX-Mini’s performance. I could live happily with a GX-Mini if it outperformed my older Headamp GS-1 or or Cavalli Liquid Carbon MKII. Both of these headphone amplifiers had a retail around $800. Has anyone owned or direct compared any of these three amplifiers to the GX-Mini?

Last edited:
May 8, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #1,162 of 2,819
I’m just speculating but I would think the Headamp GX-Mini being a product sold direct without dealer markup might perform at a level of a three to four thousand amplifier like a Sim MOON 430HA.

I’m trying to get a perspective on the GX-Mini’s performance. I could live happily with a GX-Mini if it outperformed my older Headamp GS-1 or or Cavalli Liquid Carbon MKII. Both of these headphone amplifiers had a retail around $800. Has anyone owned or direct compared any of these three amplifiers to the GX-Mini?

I have...it clearly outperforms them. The GS_X mini competes with every solid state that I've heard costing 2-3X. So price isn't everything. Justin really knocked it out of the park with this beauty. :)

May 10, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #1,167 of 2,819

Users who are viewing this thread

Back