New AKG wireless portable 'phone
Sep 19, 2010 at 7:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

loopfreak

1000+ Head-Fier
Was looking headphones for my wife and stumbled on akg 's new wireless portable headphone which looks like more refined akg k450 in design , driver specs differ a little.
If they balanced low end a bit with good battery life it could be very good portable solution but in my opinion could be used like wireless home headphone, according to their specs . Had akg k26p and isolation was not bad at all....

They are not cheap and wonder how do they compare to hd 25 1, t50p or some other pricier portable full size headphones.

http://www.akg.com/personal/,pcp_id,175,pid,900,_psmand,1,show,specs.html&:K%20840%20KL

Oct 18, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #3 of 17
Interesting.

Is that some sort of "aux 3.5mm plug hole" in the left can? cause that would be useful if bats run out.

Sensitivity (dB/mW, dB/V*) 120 (wired)
Audio bandwidth (Hz to kHz) 10,5-31

31kHz?
eek.gif

the volume control looks sweet. what's the price?

Oct 18, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:
i wonder if this is one of the kleer technology too?

Yes. The full model name is 'K840KL'.

Interesting how AKG claims that these (rated at 28 hours) "play longer than any of their wireless competitors". I get 30-35 hours out of my (Kleer) TDK WR700s. 

Mar 11, 2011 at 9:58 AM Post #12 of 17
How big an audio loss do you find between the Kleer technology headphones and wired headphones?  The specs on the AKG's look very good, but it's hard to fathom that the wireless could really produce that kind of quality.  On the other hand, I've never tried any, so I'm a little ignorant in this arena. 

Quote:
Quote:
i wonder if this is one of the kleer technology too?

Yes. The full model name is 'K840KL'.

Interesting how AKG claims that these (rated at 28 hours) "play longer than any of their wireless competitors". I get 30-35 hours out of my (Kleer) TDK WR700s. 

Apr 9, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #15 of 17
[size=10pt]I've never tried Kleer products, but I used to own the Ety8 (wireless ER4) so I can say lossless wireless audio transmission is definitely possible. As for that box, for the inconvenience it brings it better supply clean lossless audio for the price. [/size]
[size=10pt] [/size]
[size=10pt]Notice this spec here though: [/size]

[size=10pt]Sensitivity (dB/mW, dB/V*)[/size]
[size=10pt]120 (wired)[/size]
[size=small] [/size]
[size=small]Correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't this spec make it sound like it can be used with an aux 3.5mm cable? [/size]
[size=small]Sounds like testing sq between wireless and wired with this headphone wouldn’t be difficult at all.[/size]

Quote:
How big an audio loss do you find between the Kleer technology headphones and wired headphones?  The specs on the AKG's look very good, but it's hard to fathom that the wireless could really produce that kind of quality.  On the other hand, I've never tried any, so I'm a little ignorant in this arena. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back