New AKG Headphones "By Tiësto"
Apr 8, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #106 of 517
Nah, grados became too mainstream. Besides, you expect hipsters to get grados. This alone is enough a reason for a hipster not to get them. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #107 of 517

Quote:
Nah, grados became too mainstream. Besides, you expect hipsters to get grados. This alone is enough a reason for a hipster not to get them. 
biggrin.gif

...which is why true hipsters wear Jecklins. I haven't seen any of those particular people out and about, so they've apparently mastered the "underground" thing.

Apr 12, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #108 of 517
These cans have to perform in more than just trance though. His new stuff is very electro housey, very massive. Would love to see how they are when they come out, but scared because he is the worlds biggest producer/dj.

Apr 12, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #110 of 517
This is smart marketing for AKG as they are allowing their headphones to reach way more people like this.

While the haters post images that say, "facepalm", AKG will be enjoying an increase in profit. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #111 of 517
akg is a good company, i don't see why so many companies are quick to bash on them for doing another ccelebrity endorsement.

the quinceys where good weren't they? and tiesto is awesome! 

i think these will be very good competitors to the ultrasone pro 900.

Apr 12, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #112 of 517
Endorsed by Tiesto? at least he is a nice Dj...not a rapper like dre. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 12, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #113 of 517
Any word on pricing yet?

Apr 20, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #116 of 517

Quote:

Where are you getting these figures?

Take a wild guess?

But in all seriousness, Why should AKG pander to the audiophile crowd. Lately head-fi especially has just been crucifying them for every move they make.

Apr 20, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #117 of 517

Quote:
This is smart marketing for AKG as they are allowing their headphones to reach way more people like this.

While the haters post images that say, "facepalm", AKG will be enjoying an increase in profit. 
biggrin.gif

Yup, you're right - Going the Monster/Beats route isn't exactly bad from a company's perspective. If AKG are able to market the Tiestos well, they'll be markedly more famous than they ever were.

Apr 23, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #118 of 517
I agree with the fact that if they can successfully market these well then that's a good thing for AKG. But I don't know, something isn't sitting right with me about these. Like, to me, it seems like they are shifting their focus on a different crowd, so to speak. Maybe that's just me.

Apr 24, 2012 at 1:44 AM Post #119 of 517
Just saw a headphone kiosk at a mall and they were selling Beats, Souls, 50 Cent, House of Marley and AKG. Nothing else. So I wonder if AKG is going to attack the celebrity endorsed headphone market.

Apr 24, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #120 of 517

Quote:

Yup, you're right - Going the Monster/Beats route isn't exactly bad from a company's perspective. If AKG are able to market the Tiestos well, they'll be markedly more famous than they ever were.

and even better, has the potential to damage the beats market if they're good enuf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back