New AKG cans... k601 k701 k27i
Sep 9, 2005 at 12:27 AM Post #136 of 190
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
Meier Audio pricing - "K701 + shipping = EUR 350,- / $ 425" Still have to wait until the end of October or whenever AKG sends them out but US customers with some motivation can get them
icon10.gif

Where did you get this price from? I cant find it in Meier site

Sep 9, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #137 of 190
See the link in post #127

Sep 9, 2005 at 1:08 AM Post #139 of 190
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nisbeth
I was obviously misinformed when I told myself that I'd never buy another pair of headphones.

This is a great quote, although it could have been said by anybody.

Sep 9, 2005 at 1:25 AM Post #140 of 190
Now that i see all these headphones I'm starting to realize that I need to go to a meet, or try out more headphones. My experience has been limited to k271s. I have no income source! Gah!

Those 701s look awesome.

Sep 9, 2005 at 8:25 AM Post #141 of 190
I AM A NEW GUY HERE,SAY HELLO TO EVERYONE FIRST!!

I AM VERY SATISFIED WITH MY K501,AND NOW THE NEW REFERENCE HEADPHONES OF AKG HAVE COME,TO BE HONEST ,I AM A LITTLE BIT ATTACTIED BY THEM BUT I KNOW HI-FI IS A ENDLESS WAY AND I HAD BETTER PAY MY ATTENTION TO THE MUSIC ITSELF BUT NOT THE HI-FI AQUIPMENT TO MUCH!!SO I THINK I WILL NOT CHANGE MY HEADPHONE BEFORE I CAN AFORD A STEREO SYSTEM!!

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAR YOUR IDEA!!THANKS

Sep 9, 2005 at 8:56 AM Post #142 of 190
Quote:

Originally Posted by fmma
I AM A NEW GUY HERE,SAY HELLO TO EVERYONE FIRST!!

I AM VERY SATISFIED WITH MY K501,AND NOW THE NEW REFERENCE HEADPHONES OF AKG HAVE COME,TO BE HONEST ,I AM A LITTLE BIT ATTACTIED BY THEM BUT I KNOW HI-FI IS A ENDLESS WAY AND I HAD BETTER PAY MY ATTENTION TO THE MUSIC ITSELF BUT NOT THE HI-FI AQUIPMENT TO MUCH!!SO I THINK I WILL NOT CHANGE MY HEADPHONE BEFORE I CAN AFORD A STEREO SYSTEM!!

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAR YOUR IDEA!!THANKS

Welcome to headfi, sorry about your wallet!

Please turn of capslock when you are posting, otherwize people think you are shouting.

The new AKGs look really good by the way!

Sep 9, 2005 at 9:57 AM Post #143 of 190
Thanks for your advise,my Swedish friend!!

I love Sweden very much,I have been there when I was young,and spend my summer vocation there!!

I think it's not the matter of wallet but the attidute to music .The k 601 k701 are really good at least good-looking.I believe that they must be much better than K501,but I still want to spend my time on music not the tools for listening music!!
I don't mean to teach anyone,but just to express what I think about the phenomenon!!

I love HEADFI!!

Sep 9, 2005 at 11:35 AM Post #144 of 190
Quote:

I think it's not the matter of wallet but the attidute to music .The k 601 k701 are really good at least good-looking.I believe that they must be much better than K501,but I still want to spend my time on music not the tools for listening music!!

Maybe you should start your own thread, your posts don't fit that good into the context of this thread.
Don't worry, we forgive you since you are not aware yet of the written and unwritten rules here.
wink.gif

However, considering the music itself to be paramount and utilizing extraordinary gear is anything but contradicting.
I'm gladly sacrificing the required grands per year in order to let the music shine in glory.
I will not spend my time with the new K701s.I will spend my time enjoying the music played through the K701s, and at least the sound quality will be decent.
In case it's as good as expected I will keep them.In case they are another flavour of mediocre cans I will sell them with an affordable loss and enjoy the music through cans suited better to my preferences.It's fun.
icon10.gif

Sep 9, 2005 at 1:04 PM Post #145 of 190
I went to pick up some Shure E4 foamies from CPUsed in Toronto and had a pleasant surprise. These guys sell everything... AKG, Senn, Beyer, Grado, Shure, Ety, etc. They even sell a few amps, though nothing I would be interested in [Perreaux, Grado, Simpl]. I asked the guy about the K701 and he seemed confident that he could get them soon. Left my email addy so he could get ahold of me.
cool.gif

Sep 9, 2005 at 1:42 PM Post #146 of 190
Quote:

I think it's not the matter of wallet but the attidute to music.

That's a really good attitude to have. Welcome to TEAM (good) MUSIC FIRST!

Sep 9, 2005 at 4:15 PM Post #147 of 190
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cronstead
Where did you get this price from? I cant find it in Meier site

I emailed Jan and that was part of the response
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2005 at 1:10 PM Post #148 of 190
I emailed AKG USA and got this back:

"We expect to have the new headphones at some point in the future, but initially availability will be limited and will commence in Europe. These new headphones were just introduced this week at the Berlin HiFi show and have not had a U.S. introduction at this point."

Sep 10, 2005 at 5:35 PM Post #150 of 190
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
That's a really good attitude to have. Welcome to TEAM (good) MUSIC FIRST!

Thanks for your understanding,I admire you know so many languages.And by the way,I am looking forward to joining to your TEAM MUSIC FIRST,but I don't know how to pay the registration fee.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

And Chinese fans are also looking forward to the coming of the new K601 K701 K27i.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back