New 3-way hybrid BA+DD IEM - LZ A2 (including DD A1)
Mar 26, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #931 of 1,030
  As promised earlier, I have done a three-way comparison between the MusicMAKER Shockwave SIIILZ A2 and LZ A3. I have tried to be as objective as possible and may have gone overboard in verbiage but it is what it is lol. Enjoy :)  Also I am terribad at spelling, so apologies in advance :p

Battle Royale - Rumble in Chinatown
 ​

Thanks for the thorough comparison. However, may I ask why you only used one song to compare? 

There is also one thing that concerns me about the A3: people seem to perceive them VERY differently. You say they have quite a lot of bass, and as much as the A2 or even more. Hisoundfi says it has about the same amount as DN2000j, and Paulpark says it has about 20% less than A2. Others who have bought them have also given them contradicting impressions, so maybe there are some issues, making them sound different from each other, which was also a problem with the A2. 

Mar 26, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #932 of 1,030
  Thanks for the thorough comparison. However, may I ask why you only used one song to compare? 

There is also one thing that concerns me about the A3: people seem to perceive them VERY differently. You say they have quite a lot of bass, and as much as the A2 or even more. Hisoundfi says it has about the same amount as DN2000j, and Paulpark says it has about 20% less than A2. Others who have bought them have also given them contradicting impressions, so maybe there are some issues, making them sound different from each other, which was also a problem with the A2. 

As it was my first time comparing this many earphones, I wanted to make it as easy as possibly to quickly compare them and its a song that I know very well and its very well mastered. 

I of course listened to other songs, but it wasn't in a standardized manner and not worth to include in the over comparison.  

And I hear you on the bass issues, i was talking to a good friend and he swears that his unit has less bass than the A2 as well. I doubled checked to make sure and yup its bassier than the A2. So maybe there is something to that :frowning2:

Mar 26, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #933 of 1,030

As it was my first time comparing this many earphones, I wanted to make it as easy as possibly to quickly compare them and its a song that I know very well and its very well mastered. 

I of course listened to other songs, but it wasn't in a standardized manner and not worth to include in the over comparison.  

And I hear you on the bass issues, i was talking to a good friend and he swears that his unit has less bass than the A2 as well. I doubled checked to make sure and yup its bassier than the A2. So maybe there is something to that :frowning2:

Hmm, too bad. That way we are not able to get the best impression from reviews, and it all becomes a bit of a lottery really. 

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #934 of 1,030
  Hmm, too bad. That way we are not able to get the best impression from reviews, and it all becomes a bit of a lottery really. 

That's a bit rough/OTT.
I've found RedJohn's impressions to be pretty spot-on.

Mar 27, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #935 of 1,030

That's a bit rough/OTT.
I've found RedJohn's impressions to be pretty spot-on.

Did not mean that we can't get anything from it. Just not the best impression, since it varies so much. I think RedJohn did a great job with the comparison, and I am glad he made it. It also gave me a better idea about the SWIII, which I have also found interesting. :)

Mar 28, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #937 of 1,030
Looks like Shozy is beta testing an iem called Zero. Will utilize litz cables along with a house constructed from real rosewood. been hearing some good things about it so I am pretty excited to get my hands on them this week. Should arrive with the Cygnus as well, so will post pics impressions when they arrive :)

Also, will be posting an indepth look at the Z02A later on but for now here is a little taste:

The Z02A is a remarkable little headphone that is unfortunately quite tip sensitive. If you don't get a good seal the treble will sound quite harsh.  

I have found two sets that work remarkably well; One set is a red foam tip like the one at this link http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/4Pairs-8pcs-KZ-Noise-Isolating-Memory-Foam-C-sets-3mm-5mm-Comply-T100-T400-Ear-Tips/1825606_32419364287.html

The other tips I am referring to are these exact ones: http://penonaudio.com/3-Pairs-Grey-Red-Eartips  I think the stock tips are exactly the same, but I will have to double check later.

Regardless, a narrow bore tip makes the treble sound nice and controlled. Once you get a good seal, be prepared to be a headphone that just immerses you in your songs, and brings vocals nicely to the front, making it seem as if they are singing in front of you. I listened to a few Halestorm albums last night and Lzzy Hale sounded positively alive and electric through the Z02A. The bass is quick,articulate all the well having good weight and impact. It has a well done V-shaped sound signature with a good helping of quality bass that is chock full of texture. Sub bass heavy tracks should leave you quite entranced I might add. 

For the price its a freaking no brainer if you are looking for a headphone that will get you dancing to the music or tapping your toes. I am usually not a huge fan of V-shaped sound signatures because the mid bass can muddy up things. No so here, the bass has good impact, while remaining nimble. The midrange is quite detailed, especially when considering the price range. 

Most important, the shell is so petite that it all but disappears in your ears and you forget that they are there. Perfect for commuting I would say. Wish it had a mic however, but you can't have it all I suppose. :)  

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #939 of 1,030
  Looks like Shozy is beta testing an iem called Zero. Will utilize litz cables along with a house constructed from real rosewood. been hearing some good things about it so I am pretty excited to get my hands on them this week. Should arrive with the Cygnus as well, so will post pics impressions when they arrive :)

Also, will be posting an indepth look at the Z02A later on but for now here is a little taste:

The Z02A is a remarkable little headphone that is unfortunately quite tip sensitive. If you don't get a good seal the treble will sound quite harsh.  

I have found two sets that work remarkably well; One set is a red foam tip like the one at this link http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/4Pairs-8pcs-KZ-Noise-Isolating-Memory-Foam-C-sets-3mm-5mm-Comply-T100-T400-Ear-Tips/1825606_32419364287.html

The other tips I am referring to are these exact ones: http://penonaudio.com/3-Pairs-Grey-Red-Eartips  I think the stock tips are exactly the same, but I will have to double check later.

Regardless, a narrow bore tip makes the treble sound nice and controlled. Once you get a good seal, be prepared to be a headphone that just immerses you in your songs, and brings vocals nicely to the front, making it seem as if they are singing in front of you. I listened to a few Halestorm albums last night and Lzzy Hale sounded positively alive and electric through the Z02A. The bass is quick,articulate all the well having good weight and impact. It has a well done V-shaped sound signature with a good helping of quality bass that is chock full of texture. Sub bass heavy tracks should leave you quite entranced I might add. 

For the price its a freaking no brainer if you are looking for a headphone that will get you dancing to the music or tapping your toes. I am usually not a huge fan of V-shaped sound signatures because the mid bass can muddy up things. No so here, the bass has good impact, while remaining nimble. The midrange is quite detailed, especially when considering the price range. 

Most important, the shell is so petite that it all but disappears in your ears and you forget that they are there. Perfect for commuting I would say. Wish it had a mic however, but you can't have it all I suppose. :)  

Ordered a pair of LZ Z02A after reading your review. First pair in over a year since the Havi B3 Pro1. Now the wait begins!

Purchased from Teresa at HCK, member price $22! probably can't beat that!

Next is to pick up some tips

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #940 of 1,030

Ordered a pair of LZ Z02A after reading your review. First pair in over a year since the Havi B3 Pro1. Now the wait begins!

Oh man the B3 Pro 1 is still one of the best headphones if you are looking for a neutral sound signature. I love mine to bits!

At 22 dollars you basically stole it :p  You my friend are in for a treat :)

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #941 of 1,030

Oh man the B3 Pro 1 is still one of the best headphones if you are looking for a neutral sound signature. I love mine to bits!

And I just placed an order for the Rock Zircon and Musicmaker TK12. Evil Aliexpress sale. I need to take a break till the headphones show up :)

Mar 29, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #942 of 1,030

My Z02A arrived yesterday from HCK. I was surprised how quickly they arrived. Thanks HCK for your good quick service.

Mar 30, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #943 of 1,030

Hi eshiku,

Is Have B3 Pro 1 still available now for $22? How can I avail? Can you please send link?
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back