NEW 2015 - HIFIMAN HE400S
Jul 1, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #196 of 2,884
  HE400S is available!
see Hifiman website or ebay

beerchug.gif

Thanks, I hope we get some impressions soon. 

Jul 1, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #198 of 2,884
  Really this is all the attention this tread is getting!? Weird. 

I can only speak for myself, I started with the he-400 back 2 or 3 years ago and there were all the different drivers being released. I think I settled for the  2nd all white driver. My point is that, I have kinda passed interest in the hifiman 400 series, no need to keep going sideways on various models. Also as some of the other members have stated, the he-400 with the right mods can really improve it to a superior level. This is just one members view why I am not very interested, and there may be more like me. If however you have not been around the block with the various 400's I can certainly see peoples excitement.

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #199 of 2,884
Ok, couldn't wait, just bought these. I'm wondering about these a lot. If I don't like it, I'll go back to Fidelio X2. 

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #200 of 2,884
  Ok, couldn't wait, just bought these. I'm wondering about these a lot. If I don't like it, I'll go back to Fidelio X2. 

Waiting for your impressions and comparison with X2!!!
L3000.gif

Jul 1, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #201 of 2,884
Waiting for your impressions and comparison with X2!!!:L3000:
I just ordered mine as well w/ express shipping. I'll post impression soon. Anyone looking for a good deal on the old 400's pm me. Less than 20 hrs. On them & two extra pair of earpads.

Jul 1, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #202 of 2,884
I can only speak for myself, I started with the he-400 back 2 or 3 years ago and there were all the different drivers being released. I think I settled for the  2nd all white driver. My point is that, I have kinda passed interest in the hifiman 400 series, no need to keep going sideways on various models. Also as some of the other members have stated, the he-400 with the right mods can really improve it to a superior level. This is just one members view why I am not very interested, and there may be more like me. If however you have not been around the block with the various 400's I can certainly see peoples excitement.

I had a pair of the 400i for a matter of a few weeks to maybe a couple months, I tried all the mods I could and still couldn't get the warmth and bass I like. So I sold them and bought the led-2 and never looked back, until these were announced and Tyll looked surprised!

Jul 1, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #205 of 2,884
I know everyone is excited about an x2 comparision, and that does sound good. However, I would really like to read a he500 comparision. I know it is apples to oranges in marketplace, but you never know.....

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #206 of 2,884
Really intrigued by this model. Probably going to sell my AKG K7XX and magni/modi stack to help me get these for my dad. That way I'll have a reason to get new cans :D Look forward to upcoming reviews from those of you that've already picked up a pair.

Jul 1, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #209 of 2,884
  HE400S is available!
see Hifiman website or ebay

beerchug.gif

Nice thanks, for the head ups. Does anyone know what the cables look like? The connector on the HE 400 cables was a little large and I could never get it to plug into my ipad or smartphone with a case one. 

I'm leaning towards the X2, because the cable connector looks super slim. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back