New $1,500 Ultrasone Edition 9s
Oct 6, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #16 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
Man, I hate to think of the "pain" he went through to birth these babies!
blink.gif
Althought the amazing part is the frequency range of 8Hz to 35Hz! That is something!

Sony makes claims of over 100 kHz for the MDR-SA5000 and Qualia 010.

Oct 6, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #17 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEATTEFLON
redface.gif
reminds me of the hd280

Ultrasone Headband.

Oct 6, 2006 at 5:47 AM Post #18 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK138
http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/05/u...ou-back-1-500/

Who is going to be the first to review this new wonder?
eggosmile.gif

Well what about the Edition 7, huh Ultrasone?
I thought that was supposed to be the world's best headphone?

What of your customers who paid $3000 now they are left with 'the world's second best headphone'?

Almost certainly Ultrasone will use their legendary 'rock solid' plastic headband for these as well. That is sure to snap and crack within a week of use, proudly exhibiting what world class craftsmanship accompanies a product of such a high calibre. And oh just WAIT until your friends see your $3k cans with the electrical tape holding them together, won't they be impressed!
Don't you just love that when your $5000 italian suit comes sewn together by a 5 year old with tourettes?

I guess this news means the HE90 will have to step down. My sincere apologies to those of you who paid your hard earned money for yours. Clearly according to Ultrasone nothing, including your HE90, will be able to hold a candle to these marvels of modern scientific engineering.

P.S -
tongue.gif
x 1,000. Ultrasone does it again!

Oct 6, 2006 at 5:48 AM Post #19 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
Sony makes claims of over 100 kHz for the MDR-SA5000 and Qualia 010.

I was just kidding around because the Engadget article screwed it up and probably meant to put the range at 8Hz to 35kHz.
redface.gif

Oct 6, 2006 at 5:55 AM Post #20 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeChuck
Regardless of if they sound like $1500, if they reduce sound pressure on the ear drum, then as far as I am concerned they are worth their price. It find it hard to justify that something which sounds good is worth our money, but something designed to sound good and protect our hearing is not.

This is a key element in almost all of Ultrasone's headphones. Not just this particular one that happens to cost 10X the price of the other model's in their line.

Oct 6, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #21 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.h
Well what about the Edition 7, huh Ultrasone?
I thought that was supposed to be the world's best headphone?

What of your customers who paid $3000 now they are left with 'the world's second best headphone'?

Well, they're basically the same thing, except a few cosmetic changes and a slightly lower price, as far as I can gather.

As for the "world's best" bit, what, you expect them to try and sell them as the world's fifteenth best headphone or something?
wink.gif

Oct 6, 2006 at 6:41 AM Post #22 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
As for the "world's best" bit, what, you expect them to try and sell them as the world's fifteenth best headphone or something?
wink.gif

I was thinking the same thing. Marketing hype works sometimes (as he hides in shame for his Edition 7 purchase).

BTW, it didn't cost me $3,000 or really anywhere near there, but it was safely over $2,000. Perhaps becasue of the price, but more importantly because of the marketing program that went with the Edition 7, I was expecting more.

Oct 6, 2006 at 11:23 AM Post #23 of 78
[size=xx-small]They didn't say "ever"[/size]

AFAIK, the E7's are no longer in production, right? So technically the new E9's would be the "world's best headphone (made today)", I guess. At least they look better than the blue E7's.

WRT past customers who purchased the E7's, I'd imagine most of them went for the limited production aspect, rather than pure sound quality.

Oct 6, 2006 at 11:35 AM Post #24 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Breakdown
I didn't know headphones put out EM radiation like mobiles. Is there a site out there that can put out the EM radiations for all the headphones (Beyerdynamic too) but I don't know what Ultrasone is comparing the 98% less from so that's still in the air.

no thats a load of bs...

unless the headphones are being fed a 800MHz - 1.9GHz signal headphones should emit nothing like cell phones do, like the article kind-of claims...

and if you want to reduce your exposure to EM radiation, just cover yourself in aluminum foil and run a wire to a ground-rod...
k1000smile.gif

Oct 6, 2006 at 12:44 PM Post #26 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by flecom
no thats a load of bs...

unless the headphones are being fed a 800MHz - 1.9GHz signal headphones should emit nothing like cell phones do, like the article kind-of claims...

and if you want to reduce your exposure to EM radiation, just cover yourself in aluminum foil and run a wire to a ground-rod...
k1000smile.gif

Well, not as much as cellphone sure, but inductors do produce EMR, and the level isn't too many orders of magnitude less than a cellphone. The frequency of it shouldn't matter as we're talking about EM, not RF radiation.

Not to say I'm going to keep my headphones in a lead box and don protective clothing before I listen to them, of course.

Oct 6, 2006 at 1:53 PM Post #28 of 78
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
Well, not as much as cellphone sure, but inductors do produce EMR, and the level isn't too many orders of magnitude less than a cellphone. The frequency of it shouldn't matter as we're talking about EM, not RF radiation.

Not to say I'm going to keep my headphones in a lead box and don protective clothing before I listen to them, of course.

These definitely reduce the EMR by 98%. Do your own measurements. I mean, if you were wearing these headphones they would block 98% to 100% of the EMR from your cellphone.
eggosmile.gif

Oct 6, 2006 at 1:58 PM Post #29 of 78
What market are Ultrasone trying to target with these headphones? I don't think these are necessarily targeted at the average audiophile crowd (though some of us will buy it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back