Neumann NDH 30
Nov 12, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #241 of 4,939
Only the musician and sound engineer can improve the recording during this recording and its next mastering.
Headphones can only transmit accurately the recording or not accurately
Dude I can appreciate your enthusiasm but sometimes it is actually annoying how much you think you know better than everyone else.

Curb your smarta**ery at least a little. I am sure you don't mean it, but you come off as really passive aggressive and ignorant to me.

Sorry for being so blunt about this, but this thread is now 90% you telling people what "The Truth™" is.

You might be a cool guy in real life but here you come off as someone who thinks he knows it all and everyone else is in on the joke but you.

Might just be my subjective impression here. I am not here to bully you. But I ask you again to turn it down a bit. Putting smiley faces behind absolute statements in a discussion doesn't make your statements less aggressive (or true.)

Nov 12, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #242 of 4,939
A bit related to this thread...only because Neumann used Sennheiser's HD630VB as a starting block with their initial offering, the closed back NDH-20.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sen...irst-impressions.766311/page-46#post-17239966
Needless to say from my listen with the NDH 30,(haven't heard the NDH-20) and now the HD630VB...really quite different sonic signatures.
Hoping to have another meeting with the 30s on Monday but will take the AKG K872 and maybe the HD800S along with me.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #243 of 4,939
Indigogo, I have to agree with maegnificant. Also, strong exaggerations pass the opposite message of the one you want.

Nov 12, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #244 of 4,939
A bit related to this thread...only because Neumann used Sennheiser's HD630VB as a starting block with their initial offering, the closed back NDH-20.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sen...irst-impressions.766311/page-46#post-17239966
Needless to say from my listen with the NDH 30,(haven't heard the NDH-20) and now the HD630VB...really quite different sonic signatures.
Hoping to have another meeting with the 30s on Monday but will take the AKG K872 and maybe the HD800S along with me.
630.JPG
It would be great. I wonder what you will say this time after a direct comparison with these headphones .. :L3000:

Nov 12, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #246 of 4,939
Indigogo, I have to agree with maegnificant. Also, strong exaggerations pass the opposite message of the one you want.
I understand, but based on my experience, I admit that I hear a little differently than many. This is due to the nature of my work. I can be tolerant and write with restraint, but then it won't be me. It turns out that I will deliberately deceive all of you ..:smile_phones:
So what to choose - to deceive or to write honestly?:triportsad:

Nov 12, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #247 of 4,939
Have you tried the NDH-30 on some lesser playback device than your state-of-the-art broadcasting company device? It may not sound the same on lesser gear or has crazy synergy with pro industry standard equipment.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #248 of 4,939
Have you tried the NDH-30 on some lesser playback device than your state-of-the-art broadcasting company device? It may not sound the same on lesser gear or has crazy synergy with pro industry standard equipment.
Yes, I tried and I wrote about it - it really does sound worse.
But what matters to me is not how it sounds on different equipment.
The main question is why headphones that should cost at least 1500 cost 600
And those headphones that should cost 600 cost 1500
? :L3000:

Nov 12, 2022 at 1:37 PM Post #249 of 4,939
Since the hype has started, I bought two headphones: The Ollo S5X and the Monolith M1570. And I'm not kidding.
Indigogo, it's not working :smile:
Buddy - your head and your money and you decide
At thomann NDH 30 sold out before they arrive, no matter what I write about here
You are doing the right thing by not paying attention to my chatter - keep up the good work! :L3000:

Nov 12, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #250 of 4,939
Yes, I tried and I wrote about it - it really does sound worse.
But what matters to me is not how it sounds on different equipment.
The main question is why headphones that should cost at least 1500 cost 600
And those headphones that should cost 600 cost 1500
? :L3000:
Such is this hobby and let us not even whisper...."cables" : )

Nov 12, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #251 of 4,939
Buddy - your head and your money and you decide
At thomann NDH 30 sold out before they arrive, no matter what I write about here
You are doing the right thing by not paying attention to my chatter - keep up the good work! :L3000:

Of course, this is no surprise for anyone working in studios or producing music: Anything Neumann is always very much talked about and always has commercial appeal in the studio market. And I'm very interested in the NDH30, too. Joking aside, I don't think I have been influenced by you, one way or the other. There are simply very good reasons to consider a few more tools for mixing and listening, apart from the very remarkable NDH30. Moreover, I had solid reasons to prefer a NEW M1570 and (and, not 'or') a USED NDH30. Simply, at present, you can't find NDH30 in the used market. Next year I'll probably try one..

Nov 12, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #252 of 4,939
Of course, this is no surprise for anyone working in studios or producing music: Anything Neumann is always very much talked about and always has commercial appeal in the studio market. And I'm very interested in the NDH30, too. Joking aside, I don't think I have been influenced by you, one way or the other. There are simply very good reasons to consider a few more tools for mixing and listening, apart from the very remarkable NDH30. Moreover, I had solid reasons to prefer a NEW M1570 and (and, not 'or') a USED NDH30. Simply, at present, you can't find NDH30 in the used market. Next year I'll probably try one..
:beerchug:

Nov 12, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #253 of 4,939
It would be great. I wonder what you will say this time after a direct comparison with these headphones .. :L3000:
Spending the afternoon between customers breaking in the HD630VB ...just aren't the same headphones I took out of the box this morning. lol
Will be taking these along too..maybe. : )

For a little base... :L3000:
https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/8801deff-f577-438b-a11a-873328e43310
All sounding pretty good on the Senns..see if they hold up on the 30s. lol
"Specifically developed for the HD 630VB, Sennheiser’s proprietary high-performance transducer is the “heart” of this model. It delivers the power for an intense bass experience"

To quote myself........ "Just to add..and maybe just the "new toy" syndrome but believe I haven't heard low deep base this way since my Audeze LCD-2s."

So it will be interesting to revisit the NHD30s

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #254 of 4,939
Of course it will not sound the same. This would be the sound of the lesser gear not the real capability of the headphone (any headphone). If a headphone is fed with poorer signal it will sound worse. A high-end headphone depends totally on the electronics, it can't do magic.
There are not crazy synergies in high quality audio. Everything should support almost everything else (except for power matters).

Nov 13, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #255 of 4,939
Of course it will not sound the same. This would be the sound of the lesser gear not the real capability of the headphone (any headphone). If a headphone is fed with poorer signal it will sound worse. A high-end headphone depends totally on the electronics, it can't do magic.
There are not crazy synergies in high quality audio. Everything should support almost everything else (except for power matters).
People talk about headphones scaling up with an excellent headphone amp. Scaling down with an inadequate amp also applies.Who wants to know what they sound like on the lowest common denominator and what does that prove about their quality? I want to hear them at their best, not how bad they could sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back