Neumann NDH 30
Nov 13, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #257 of 4,939
So established fact the NDH-30 scales well with gear, but so does a lot of other headphones. Regarding cost, I believe I read the RME-ADI DAC was inferior with the NDH-30. That is a 1k(+)-device, so not dirt cheap to let the NDH-30 shine. Good to know.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 5:45 AM Post #258 of 4,939
I believe I read the RME-ADI DAC was inferior with the NDH-30. That is a 1k(+)-device, so not dirt cheap to let the NDH-30 shine. Good to know.

That original comment you read was rubbish, the RME AID 2 DAC FS sound quality confirms it's measurements. It's very transparent, it has fantastic microdynamics. The amp drives everything with ease. Everything else it up to the transducer. The internal amp of the RME beats the Violectric V280 as well as the SPL Phonitor in transparency (unless you realy need the power to listen very loud with Susvara etc), especially if you need just little power for realistic listening levels like for the NDH30.
I've compared these, and others, for more than 2 years until I decided to sell the Violectric and the Phonitor and some more like these.

Nov 13, 2022 at 6:00 AM Post #259 of 4,939
That original comment you read was rubbish, the RME AID 2 DAC FS sound quality confirms it's measurements. It's very transparent, it has fantastic microdynamics. The amp drives everything with ease. Everything else it up to the transducer. The internal amp of the RME beats the Violectric V280 as well as the SPL Phonitor in transparency (unless you realy need the power to listen very loud with Susvara etc), especially if you need just little power for realistic listening levels like for the NDH30.
I've compared these, and others, for more than 2 years until I decided to sell the Violectric and the Phonitor and some more like these.

I believe you; I've read from other places it's very good. As you say, only shortcoming should be that the headphone out is not extreme powerful. I have seen some people using extra headphone amps with the RME ADI, mostly for planars I guess.

Nov 13, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #260 of 4,939
So established fact the NDH-30 scales well with gear, but so does a lot of other headphones. Regarding cost, I believe I read the RME-ADI DAC was inferior with the NDH-30. That is a 1k(+)-device, so not dirt cheap to let the NDH-30 shine. Good to know.
Just because you read that somewhere, does not mean it's true. I use these headphones on my laptop and phone. They sound just fine.

Nov 13, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #261 of 4,939
Dude I can appreciate your enthusiasm but sometimes it is actually annoying how much you think you know better than everyone else.

Curb your smarta**ery at least a little. I am sure you don't mean it, but you come off as really passive aggressive and ignorant to me.

Sorry for being so blunt about this, but this thread is now 90% you telling people what "The Truth™" is.

You might be a cool guy in real life but here you come off as someone who thinks he knows it all and everyone else is in on the joke but you.

Might just be my subjective impression here. I am not here to bully you. But I ask you again to turn it down a bit. Putting smiley faces behind absolute statements in a discussion doesn't make your statements less aggressive (or true.)
You are not the first to point this out to this annoying, smarter than thou, "enthusiast". He doesn't seem capable of toning down his ridiculous quest to "educate" us all. To motivate us to dare to experience greatness and bow down to him at his own alter of greatness. He cares little for what us ignorant people have to say.....

Leo

Nov 13, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #262 of 4,939
RME AID 2 DAC FS - does not shake the potential of NDH 30 completely, it gives about 70% of what NDH 30 can give

I personally do not think that this is a truly high-quality and successful DAC and amplifier for the money!
Compared to Sound Devices, it lacks resolution, lacks dynamics and lacks full performance in low and high frequencies. But it can certainly be used as well.

My comparisons are accurate!

Nov 13, 2022 at 6:34 AM Post #263 of 4,939
You are not the first to point this out to this annoying, smarter than thou, "enthusiast". He doesn't seem capable of toning down his ridiculous quest to "educate" us all. To motivate us to dare to experience greatness and bow down to him at his own alter of greatness. He cares little for what us ignorant people have to say.....

Leo
You clearly have delusions of grandeur

Nov 13, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #266 of 4,939
Nov 13, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #267 of 4,939
Nov 13, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #268 of 4,939
There is usually one person in any headphone thread who champions the product, believes it passionately that there is no other product better, it is perfect in every way and gets defensive if anyone disagrees. I have seen it multiple times here. Generally if you come back a half a year later, they have moved on to the next product they think is the best, explaining in some detail why they weren't wrong about the old product, but the new one is even more perfect (like that's a thing).

These are likely a very good product, with good people behind it. It is certainly on my radar given the information from the more balanced views. But don't troll the fan-boys. It will be never ending and they will never listen, because this is the internet: A place where truth is subjective, and opinions are a call to arms for some.

Nov 13, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #269 of 4,939
There is usually one person in any headphone thread who champions the product, believes it passionately that there is no other product better, it is perfect in every way and gets defensive if anyone disagrees. I have seen it multiple times here. Generally if you come back a half a year later, they have moved on to the next product they think is the best, explaining in some detail why they weren't wrong about the old product, but the new one is even more perfect (like that's a thing).

These are likely a very good product, with good people behind it. It is certainly on my radar given the information from the more balanced views. But don't troll the fan-boys.^^ It will be never ending and they will never listen, because this is the internet: A place where truth is subjective, and opinions are a call to arms for some.
^^ …and conversely stated, don’t fan the troll-boys…🌬->🧌-> 🔥-> 😳

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back