Negative Aspects of Top CIEMs
Jun 11, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #62 of 106
Quote:
It's easier to fit a silicon, I think. Although, that's just what I've read. I have not owned a silicon iem.

The general consensus is that because silicone is soft and flexes with the ear canal, comfort (and to a degree isolation) is an improvement over acrylic.  I find my acrylic CIEMs to be very comfortable but in a few months I'll have a new silicone CIEM and I'll know the differences clearly.

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #63 of 106
Quote:
Editing the photos would be a form of fraud, so that's one reason not to.

Reason two is obvious.  If you're buying used CIEMs you're going to get them re-shelled and the canals will all be new.  Thus the colour isn't an issue.

I'm saying that since you will have to re-shell any 2nd hand custom, there isn't a need for 14 megapixel close-ups of the yellowed canals of the CIEMs you don't clean and would like to sell. Even if intellectually you are aware that the canals will be replaced (as would the tubes and anything connected to those canals) you might be less apt to buy. Avoiding glamor shots of unclean canals is not deceptive - since it has no real bearing on the sale - but marketing is about presenting your item in the best light. The usage of the word fraud in this instance is a bit over-the-top.  

Aug 29, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #68 of 106
Quote:
But is it always possible to remove the earwax by wiping them? Is there any skills to clean CIEMs?

You insert the loop of the tiny cleaning tool that comes with a CIEM into the sound bores.  It's best to hold the earphone so the holes are aimed downwards while you do this (gravity is your friend).  It's pretty simple.  If the CIEM gets badly clogged then you'd need to have the manufacturer clean it or alternatively I've read that some people have bought hearing aid vacuums that do the trick (possibly an audiologist can do this for you, I'm not certain as none of my CIEMs have reached that level).

Aug 29, 2013 at 11:05 PM Post #70 of 106
Quote:
You insert the loop of the tiny cleaning tool that comes with a CIEM into the sound bores.  It's best to hold the earphone so the holes are aimed downwards while you do this (gravity is your friend).  It's pretty simple.  If the CIEM gets badly clogged then you'd need to have the manufacturer clean it or alternatively I've read that some people have bought hearing aid vacuums that do the trick (possibly an audiologist can do this for you, I'm not certain as none of my CIEMs have reached that level).

Quote:
Just use a wax loop and clean inside every few days and also wipe your ciem with antiseptic wipes every few day.

Thanks for replying:) Hope more newbies(like me) can learn how to take care of toys:D

Aug 30, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #74 of 106
Quote:
Well, purpose of earwax is to protect your ears. I used to clean my ears everyday, but it causes some serious issue to your ears(like bleeding...).

bleeding??? from cleaning your ears??? 
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back