Need some GRADO questions answered
Mar 26, 2013 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

mpawluk91

1000+ Head-Fier
I might get the sr325is or the sr225i, I also was considering the Alessandro ms2i. My budget is around 300 and I only want one of the 3 mentioned,

which one has the most bass?
Which one has the shortest cable?
Does the Alessandro have a 3.5mm plug instead of the 1/4"?

I want to crank the metal haarrddccoorree!!!

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #2 of 63
Both Alessandro and the SR325is have a 1/4" plug

About bass response, check innerfidelity resources, but grado are not precisely basshead headphones...
http://www.innerfidelity.com/headphone-data-sheet-downloads

IMO Get the sr60i instead and save some money.

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #3 of 63
I'm kinda leanin toward the sr325is, I read that it has more treble than any grados. That's the only downside really but nothing major. Don't get me wrong I love treble but people are making it seem like punishment to listen to lol

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 63
Quote:
I'm kinda leanin toward the sr325is, I read that it has more treble than any grados. That's the only downside really but nothing major. Don't get me wrong I love treble but people are making it seem like punishment to listen to lol

I think they all have 5' cables.

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #6 of 63
Both Alessandro and the SR325is have a 1/4" plug

About bass response, check innerfidelity resources, but grado are not precisely basshead headphones...
http://www.innerfidelity.com/headphone-data-sheet-downloads

IMO Get the sr60i instead and save some money.
Well I'd love to save money and I have read that they all pretty much share the same sound signature, I am going to be listening to mostly rock and metal using this

It's just that I'm already using a pretty beefy rig and I would love to take advantage of it. I just need some kind of bass to the sound and I really like what I've heard about grados midrange quality and that's another huge factor. Speed and attack

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #9 of 63
BTW the cable is too long for portable use and Grados are too open to use them outside.
5 feet of cable is cool man that don't bother me lol I'm not tryin to win a fashion show or anything, and I mostly jam in the house but I don't really care what other people have to say if my music is too loud lol I work in the scummy projects

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #10 of 63
Quote:

The 325is has a faster tighter bass and the midrange is more forward and the highs are super crisp and detailed, and attacks!
The MS2i has a heavier mid bass and is extended a bit more and the midrange is recessed a bit more and the highs are not as crisp and detailed, and is mellower!
The both of these headphones are an excellent choice, one is not better than the other, only different, so it depends on your personal preferences. I really enjoyed the both of these headphones. I say this through experience with owning both of them, but I personally preferred the 325is.
Both have 5' cable lengths with 8 conductor wire with a 1/4 terminated plug. I can live with my 325is's and be happy for the rest of my life.
I can't comment on the 225i, I've never heard them.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #11 of 63
Quote:
Quote:
BTW the cable is too long for portable use and Grados are too open to use them outside.

5 feet of cable is cool man that don't bother me lol I'm not tryin to win a fashion show or anything, and I mostly jam in the house but I don't really care what other people have to say if my music is too loud lol I work in the scummy projects

Its probably not 5 feet, my SR80i was 7 feet long.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #13 of 63
Quote:

I just saw the PS500 being called p.o.s. in another thread, so you have to take these stupid comments with a grain of salt.

People don't seem to realize that they should be looking at the big pictrue, and the headphones are just part of it. Do the SR325i sound brighter than say, the SR225i? yes, do they sound too bright? well, not to someone who likes brighter sounding headphones. or if one's upstream equipement has a rolled off treble, in wich case, they will sound just fine.

Mar 27, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #15 of 63
Of those 3 I liked the MS2 the most.  None of them are really bass monsters.  They all need some EQ help below ~35Hz, and stay away from bright sources and amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back