need new headphones 70 dollar limit
Nov 30, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #16 of 20
Yup, don't go SRH-440 if you are interested in bass, i like bass and they were simply too weak. M50s are ok right now but I am wishing I had even more bass. 

Wonderslug:I tried that 5 dB push and it did improve my m50s lol Still not sure they are punchy to Beats levels tho.

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #17 of 20
"Too Weak"? Does that mean bass light? SRH-440 is anything but bass light. More neutral which means the bass is not enough for people who love bass. The bass on the SRH-440 is more then enough for most everyone unless you're a basshead.

I still find it amusing how people even say the SRH-840 is bass light. Huh?!
confused_face%281%29.gif

Nov 30, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #20 of 20

Quote:
"Too Weak"? Does that mean bass light? SRH-440 is anything but bass light. More neutral which means the bass is not enough for people who love bass. The bass on the SRH-440 is more then enough for most everyone unless you're a basshead.

I still find it amusing how people even say the SRH-840 is bass light. Huh?!
confused_face%281%29.gif

For aa closed can I find the 840's to be one of the more bass light headphones in their catagory. I assumethis is due to the driver not being able to produce large qualities probably due to lack o f freedom of movement.  Headphones in the XB series use small slits on the back to allow for air to be drawn in when the bass gets deeper . As well as the pads allow for a seal all the way around their ear making sure not to lose one DB of the sound, the seal really helps the bass cause as soon as either the slits or the seal is broken so is the bass.

I assume the 840 is missing something in order to control it's bass in favor of neutrality.

I've said it before though the market needsa a pair like the SRH840 it nees a lower cost neutral headphone with enough detail to be used in proffesional studio's for audio tracking/monitoring/recording.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back