Need more bass with m50s!!!
Dec 1, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #16 of 24
That's not a bad idea - I just bought the SRH750DJ. 

@ soundaddicted - what equipment do you plug yours into that gives you tons of bass? 

Quote:
Upgrade to Shure 750dj's. 
beyersmile.png
 Tons of bass. 

Dec 1, 2010 at 1:01 PM Post #17 of 24
I think there is a common misconception of bass, simply having more bloomy bass does not mean that are more bass.

OTT, I amp my m50 with JDS cmoy bb, and I sometimes need to take breaks in between bass heavy songs.

Dec 1, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #19 of 24
I listen to many different genres of music, but I have a fair number of tracks from bass-heavy artists such as Noisia, Ed Rush, C4C, and Calyx.  Using the M50 with my HeadRoom Micro Amp seems to be a perfect match for this type of music, and the bass is often too much for me for extended listening periods without a break.

Before taking the plunge and grabbing a new pair of headphones, I suggest that you try grabbing an amp or amp/dac combo first.  You might find a more noticeable improvement going that route rather than swapping a set of phones.  I don't have any experience with the E9, but it seems like this might be a winner from what others have stated.  I do really think that any decent amp will make a drastic improvement for your M50s, and if not, the amp would most likely still be a sound investment. (sorry about the pun
tongue_smile.gif
)

Dec 1, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #21 of 24
The problem with the E5 is that it isn't really a true amp. You won't really get any additional quality and lots of people consider it nothing more than a volume boost. In addition, the E5 is known to distort at high volumes.

Get the E7 from Amazon or any other place that has a good return policy. If you don't like what you hear; simply return it.

Dec 3, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #24 of 24
I want a pair of m50s myself, but not so much a bass-head I don't feel it would have enough bass for me to get all squiggly.

If your using a macbook try the FC700's. There small but have a nice sountsage. Two things you need to know, you need to burn them in. If not the highs will remain harsh. Also once you get used to a particular headphone to see if your eras have just become accustomed vs. true burn in switch to a pair of other headphones for a few minutes, rest and put them back on.

The FC700s haven't left my sight or erad for a while on my iphones 3gs 16gb since I got them. Decent bass without having to boost the bass.

ATH-ES7 is another pair I would like to try out too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back