Need help with headphone purchase
May 4, 2011 at 8:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

laughingsin

New Head-Fier
Okay, so my budget is $500 or 40,000 yen since I live here in Japan I can stretch my budget but please keep it to minimum.

I will be using it for portable music player and a great bass will be appreciable. 
I listen mostly to rock, alternative rock and some hip-hop few on slow musics.
Design is also important since I will take the headphones out some portability would be nice too.

any suggestion?

May 4, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #4 of 11
Check out the D2000, My music library is similar to yours and I absolutely love them.
I had the MarkL mod done on them since I'm not much of a basshead but the bass is still quite impressive.
There are certainly more portable headphones than these but I've had no problem so far travelling with them as they are extremely light unlike other full sized headphones.

May 4, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #5 of 11
Lucky you!!  Audio Technicas are made in JAPAN!!  lol

Try the ATH m50   or ATH AD700

the AKG 420's sound good and feel very very good on your head and ears... 

May 5, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
Lucky you!!  Audio Technicas are made in JAPAN!!  lol

Try the ATH m50   or ATH AD700

the AKG 420's sound good and feel very very good on your head and ears... 

lol.. i know.. ahaha.. I was planning to buy the pro700mk2 since it looks cool and it has detachable cables.. so what do you think?

May 5, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
they look cool! :D

I bought the CALs used off eBay, they compared well with my ATH-AD700 and DT 770 80-Ohm while using a Muse 6922Eh hybrid tube amp.
Gave the CALs to my sister as she needed good headphone to use with her iphone,
Two days later I was trying to figure out how to get the CALs back from my sister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back