Need help improving the sound quality of Bayerdynamic dt770 pro
Aug 5, 2012 at 2:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

chetanappu007

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I use Bayerdynamic dt770 pro 80ohm headphones with a Fiio E11 amp. I really enjoy listening to them at normal volume level but,when i increase the volume a bit high i feel that the sound coming from these headphones are somehow not very clear and the bass is not very accurate or tight( it feels like it is somewhat muddy). I listen music mostly from my laptop and all my music files are in .flac format. I know that this is not a new issues for these headphones, but please do give me suggestions on how to improve the sound quality of the headphones. Will recabling these headphones or using a better amp help resolving this problem ?

Thank you all Head-fiers

Aug 5, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #2 of 5
I used to have DT770 pro 80ohm too. I would suggest you to get a better amp. Recabling won't help much here. I think the reason why the bass becomes not accurate when turning up the volume is that E11 is not powerful enough to drive your DT770 pro.

Aug 5, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #3 of 5
PC computers (laptops) usually come with low cost DACs.
Getting an external DAC should improve the sound quality.
DAC Destroyer, USB-DAC, sells for around $60 on eBay.
HRT Musicstreamer,  DAC, $150

Fiio E09 ($105) puts out more voltage then the E11.
Amazon sells single tube headphone amplifiers, Muse $50, Bravo $64.
They put out more voltage then the Fiio E11.

On eBay, there are lots of tube amplifiers.
Just do a search for 'Tube Headphone Amplifier".

Aug 5, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
I do have a usb DAC, Fiio e10 and i face the same problem with it too. Are tube amps better than normal ones ?

Tube amplifier put out a good amount of voltage, which is what high Ohm headphones need.
Technically solid state is better in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back