Need HELP finding a quality pair of Headphones!
May 3, 2011 at 5:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

brycee

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I've been searching for a quality pair of headphones for a while now. My budget is around $200. The only ones i've tried were the beats by dre studio and i feel for the money i could get something better for less. Anyway i'm basically looking for something that doesn't sound like everything is just mashed together. I would like something that is detailed and i would be able to pick out all the parts in songs as i am a musician and i'm mostly on Bass guitar and sometimes when i'm picking the Bass lines out it just sounds like things are muddy. So something where i would be able to hear everything clearly especially the bass. 

May 3, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #3 of 10
You could check out the Phiaton MS 400.  They're certainly a step up from the Beats.  I'm assuming you're looking for something portable, seeing as how you're posting in this forum?

May 3, 2011 at 10:17 PM Post #4 of 10
My price range is right around $200 or at least i would like to keep it at around there. And as far as brands go, Sony, audio technica, beyerdynamic, but i'm pretty much open to anything Over ear. Pretty much something to use listening to my ipod and for when i'm practicing and a little home recording

May 3, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
How's the construction on the sr80's? is the headband flimsy at all? 

It shouldn't be, i know there is a nice leather band you can upgrade
biggrin.gif

May 4, 2011 at 12:19 AM Post #10 of 10
I think this is more what i was trying to explain in the beginning of this post also. Instrument separation has to be good when the music is simple and also when it gets complex. headphones iv'e had in the past were not good at this at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back