Need help chosing the best headphones
Nov 23, 2012 at 1:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

crivellima

New Head-Fier
I am new to head fi and I am going to be getting my first good pair of headphones. i listen to all kinds of music from rap to dubstep and some metal. i have 4 headphones in mind i just dont know which ones would be best. i was looking at the hd360pro, hd380pro, hd429 and the px 360. i was trying to spend $250 or less if there are any others you would suggest let me know im new and heard sennheiser is one of the best.

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #2 of 3
Well, from what you listed as the genres you listen to, Sennheiser might not be the best for you. Sennheiser headphones tend to not have a lot of bass in them, and rap, dubstep and metal all have lots of bass in them. Really, they are more balanced headphones more for things like rock, pop, classical etc. They tend to put more emphasis on the mids and highs, not lows. That's not necessarily bad (in fact the HD598s and 600s are some of my favorite headphones in the world), but it just doesn't work as well for some genres. If you really do care about the lows, you might want to check into the Audio Technica A900x, or if you want a cheaper alternative, the A700x. Those have more bass in them and might satisfy you more. Really it just comes down to what you think sounds right for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back