Need help choosing amp for turbine pro copper. pls help!!
Aug 20, 2012 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

lazyjatt

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, im a new member to this forum, although i did use this website alot when choosing my headphones. 

i just needed help finding a good amp for my monster turbine pro coppers. i just recently started looking into amps, and i was leaning towards either the Fiio E6 or E11. or if anyone has any better suggestions, id be open to looking into those as well.

sorry if the answer is posted somewhere in this forum. i tried my best to search for it, but i will be leaving the country for an extended period of time in a couple weeks and i dont have too much time to do alot of research as i am very busy with trying to get things done before i leave. so im just hoping some of you have some suggestions so i can quickly order this sucker and get it shipped in time. 

also, since this is the first amp i am going to be owning, i dont really want to go too overboard with the price, thats why these fiio seem to be my choices. also, what LOD would be the best? the L3 or L9.

thanks.

edit. i will be using this with my iphone 4, if that helps.

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hi guys, im a new member to this forum, although i did use this website alot when choosing my headphones. 

i just needed help finding a good amp for my monster turbine pro coppers. i just recently started looking into amps, and i was leaning towards either the Fiio E6 or E11. or if anyone has any better suggestions, id be open to looking into those as well.

sorry if the answer is posted somewhere in this forum. i tried my best to search for it, but i will be leaving the country for an extended period of time in a couple weeks and i dont have too much time to do alot of research as i am very busy with trying to get things done before i leave. so im just hoping some of you have some suggestions so i can quickly order this sucker and get it shipped in time. 

also, since this is the first amp i am going to be owning, i dont really want to go too overboard with the price, thats why these fiio seem to be my choices. also, what LOD would be the best? the L3 or L9.

thanks.

edit. i will be using this with my iphone 4, if that helps.

"Welcome to head fi! Sorry about your wallet"

The first step would be to do research ON THE IEMS! Some IEM's don't even need amping. I am not versed with the turbine pro's(they are real right?) but look on threads about them or ask people that have them if they really improve from amping. I would ask a member that seems to not be hyped easily or anything as some will just go out and say yes to an amp with anything really which isn't the case.

And from looking and lurking on seeing if the pro turbines need an amp, you will generally already get a suggestion on the E6 or E11 as these two are very popular.

If you do end up buying the E6 or E11, please buy form authorized retailer. They are same price, E6 is massively being counterfeit right now on Amazon.

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #3 of 4
lol yup they are indeed real.
thanks for the reply. i will deff try to ask some people who have the turbine pros and go from there.

thanks for the tips and taking the time to reply.. much appreciated.

Aug 20, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
lol yup they are indeed real.
thanks for the reply. i will deff try to ask some people who have the turbine pros and go from there.

thanks for the tips and taking the time to reply.. much appreciated.

Depending on where the input holes are on the E6 and E11, the L9 or L3 may work best or even an L11. Basically the L9 works if the hole fits at the bottom, and L3 works for weird holes and L11 for even weirder ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back