Nashua, New Hampshire Meet: Decemeber 5th, 2015
Nov 24, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #121 of 195
That's priceless!

I just got an Asus U7 sound card (microphone/headphone) amp/dac (24/192 audio). Not entirely sure if anyone would have an interest in listening too it (assuming they game).

Also my friend Peterek is working on a pair of headphones he wants me to demo and bring to the meet and get some insight. He said he probably won't get them done in time but said he hopes he can.  Beyerdynamics with a pair of 70mm Sony MDR Z7 drivers. 

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #123 of 195
  Somebody keep me away from the Internet!

Just impulse-bought:

http://www.headphone.com/collections/headphones/products/audeze-lcd-2-rosewood

If they arrive in time, I'll bring them with me to the meet-up.

- Dave

Have you heard them before ?

Nov 24, 2015 at 8:53 PM Post #125 of 195

No, but the reviews have been stellar.  Should I begin my buyer's remorse now???

- Dave

I looked at the list wrong. I thought someone was 100% showing up with a pair of LCD-2. Upon further review it appears they were a maybe. I was going to say you could test them out before you bought them.  I personally thought the LCD-2's were amazing at live music, Jazz and classical. When it came to manufactured music like rap and electronic I just didn't feel it was a strength. 

Nov 25, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #126 of 195
I've attended quite a few of the Audio meetups in Clinton MA but haven't really been an active member of the local head-fi community. I just stumbled on this event and im clearing my calendar to try to make it up to NH from MA. Should that happen, ill plan on bringing the following ( will edit if this changes)

DAC/Amps
Essence HDACC
Musical Fidelity X-Cans v2 and V1 w/ x-psu.

Headphones:
Custom Grado/Vibro
Vintage Sennheiser HD424

Possibly some others , ill edit and add things as needed.

Nov 25, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #127 of 195
I've attended quite a few of the Audio meetups in Clinton MA but haven't really been an active member of the local head-fi community. I just stumbled on this event and im clearing my calendar to try to make it up to NH from MA. Should that happen, ill plan on bringing the following ( will edit if this changes)

DAC/Amps
Essence HDACC

Headphones:
Custom Grado/Vibro
Vintage Sennheiser HD424

Hope you can make it! The X-Cans look really interesting.

Nov 25, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #128 of 195
holy crap can you guy count me in?

Nov 27, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #129 of 195
I'm afraid I will have to bow out. I was asked to work on the 5th and by the time I get out work and get to Fidelis there will only be 30 minutes left.

Nov 29, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #130 of 195
I just saw this.  had no idea.  Was up at Fidelis this past week as I had to pick up my daughter at U of New Hampshire.  How do these things work?  I may come up to check it out if I am able to.  Can you sell your gear during this time or is it just to bring items to show?  I have Noble Wizard Savants (blue swirl), Sennheiser 580's and new PSB M4U 2 (white).  New to headphones.  Thanks

Nov 29, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #131 of 195
I'm in, bringing DT880's 
beyersmile.png

Nov 30, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #132 of 195
I'm probably not going to bring all my headphones because that's too much hassle. I'm definitely bringing the Omni, PM2 (didn't get around to modding them), DX1000, T1, HE-5, and Floats but unless someone asks I'm leaving the lower-fi stuff home. Still bringing the Theta, EHHA, Gamma2, and OTL though. I probably won't be there at noon but I'll get there as soon as I can!

Nov 30, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #133 of 195
All,

I just spoke with Dwight from Fidelis.  They are renting chairs and tables.  Do you think 40 chairs will be enough?

As for tables, they are going to get as many that can fit in there.  This year they'll rent 18" deep tables instead of 30" deep
tables, so hopefully more tables will be able to fit since it looks like this year will be a bigger meet!

Also, PLEASE BRING ANY POWER STRIPS AND EXTENSION CORDS that you can.  We'll probably
need some, just to make sure everyone has power and in a convenient location next to their table.  So this
will be a big help and is much appreciated!

Weather forecast looks good so far for Saturday, so it should be easy drivin'!

See you all soon!

Vinnie

Nov 30, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #134 of 195

DAC/Amps
Essence HDACC

Headphones:
Custom Grado/Vibro
Vintage Sennheiser HD424

Audio Meetups in Clinton? Do these still happen? I am right next door in Sterling. Do you have more information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back